Quantcast

Photo

The Death Penalty for Rape?

capital punishment rapists rape

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

Poll: Should rapists be considered for Capital Punishment? (87 member(s) have cast votes)

Should rapists be considered for Capital Punishment?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#276 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

I would assume the goverment wouldnt kill someone with out 100% evidence or lie detector or something?

A lie detector? Seriously?
I didn't think anyone was that naive.

Polygraphs are woeful pieces of equipment.

#277 Bazzel

Bazzel
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:19 AM

A lie detector? Seriously?
I didn't think anyone was that naive.

Polygraphs are woeful pieces of equipment.

well they could still give it a shot :p

#278 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:22 AM

well they could still give it a shot :p

Why? There's no such thing as 100% certainty.

Do you know why they have multiple buttons on lethal injection machines? And multiple levers on the electric chair?
The reason they have three guards activate the machine at the same time?

#279 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

Why? There's no such thing as 100% certainty.

Do you know why they have multiple buttons on lethal injection machines? And multiple levers on the electric chair?
The reason they have three guards activate the machine at the same time?

Typical public sector extravagance?

#280 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

Okay, yes Ill give you that.

but on topic in my opinion. I do feel the death sentence on rape is adequate

The brittish justice system sucks, Because our prisons are getting full they are releasing rapist and child abusers who have served 3+ years early and giving them new identies...

I've decided as you know nothing of the legal system or the law, all your posts are equally emotion-grabbing dribble.

Typical public sector extravagance?

Yeah did you see those chandeliers in the firestation and know that ambulances are now ferraris?

#281 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

Seems to me that your opinion is not that far from his...

Carrying a memory or a traumatic event is not guaranteed to cause you "nightmares, low self-esteem and chronic depression".
Sorry if that difference was not readily apparent to you.

Yes.. Being raped is life changing. It affects who you are and you do suffer from difficulties for the rest of your life, You feel dirty and disgusted on a daily basis and always get flash backs. In a way the attack takes away a major part of you and you will never fill that empty feeling which sits within you.

It is life changing.
Though you aren't giving enough credit to rape victims.
What makes you think that none of them are able to move past their trauma?
You cannot make such large generalizations. Makes you look like a dunce.

Edited by Ivysaur, 29 September 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#282 Bazzel

Bazzel
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

I've decided as you know nothing of the legal system or the law, all your posts are equally emotion-grabbing dribble.

Yeah did you see those chandeliers in the firestation and know that ambulances are now ferraris?

I disagree, as our laws are obviously are slightly different

#283 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Carrying a memory or a traumatic event is not guaranteed to cause you "nightmares, low self-esteem and chronic depression".

"It destroys them emotionally, physically and mentally."
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

#284 Bazzel

Bazzel
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

It is life changing.
Though you aren't giving enough credit to rape victims.
What makes you think that none of them are able to move past their trauma?
You cannot make such large generalizations. Makes you look like a dunce.

Okay, This is fair. Some victims are strong enough to over come it some arent.
I suppose it all depends on the situation.

#285 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

I disagree, as our laws are obviously are slightly different

You both live in the UK, and Frizzle is a policeman.

#286 Bazzel

Bazzel
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

You both live in the UK, and Frizzle is a policeman.

Well then maybe he can educated me on the "justice system" How is it Justice for a 31 year old man to lock a 16 year old girl away in a room for 7 months beat her stupid, rape her repeatedly, cause her to fall pregnant and punch her repeatedly in the stomach and attempts to claw the baby out of her, causing her to nearly bleed to death and then only gets an 8 year prison sentence and is released after 5 years with a new identity? How does that work to be justice?

Whats the girl suppose to do? walk out of court, be offered some counselling and then her life continues as if nothing happened?

#287 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Well then maybe he can educated me on the "justice system" How is it Justice for a 31 year old man to lock a 16 year old girl away in a room for 7 months beat her stupid, rape her repeatedly, cause her to fall pregnant and punch her repeatedly in the stomach and attempts to claw the baby out of her, causing her to nearly bleed to death and then only gets an 8 year prison sentence and is released after 5 years with a new identity? How does that work to be justice?

Whats the girl suppose to do? walk out of court, be offered some counselling and then her life continues as if nothing happened?

You've just completely validated his opinion of you.

#288 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

How does him being punished help the girl?

#289 Bazzel

Bazzel
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

You've just completely validated his opinion of you.

Maybe Im just going off cases I know of and not looking at a bigger picture or following the actual laws in these cases, but as far as Im concerned.. The UK laws and justice on rape is petty

How does him being punished help the girl?

1. She'd feel like she was taken serious and she is a human being and not just some item that was broken which could be glued back together
2. She'd feel safer knowing he was punnished enough to learn his lesson
3. Peace of mind.

I honestly dunno 100% how to answer this question, but 5 years in prison isnt enough in my eyes. 10 years maybe but definitely not 5.

#290 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Maybe Im just going off cases I know of and not looking at a bigger picture or following the actual laws in these cases, but as far as Im concerned.. The UK laws and justice on rape is petty

Do you even know what "the actual laws" are?

#291 Bazzel

Bazzel
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Do you even know what "the actual laws" are?

To my knowledge, its where someone is penetrates someone else body, orally, Anually or in to the virgina without consent. basically forcing ones self on to another. I know there are what is put as different types of rape (easiest way to explain it..) Battery, Sexual assault, indecent assault and Im sure theres something else.
I understand depending on the circumstances depends on what the "label" is. Its a prisonal offense and if someone is found guiltly of rape they are usually sentenced to 6+ years but can be let early for good behaviour.
Ive have never actually fully read up on it as it is not something I feel comfortable doing

Eithe way this sentencing isnt good enough and rapist should not be allowed early in my opinion

EDIT: if you want to enlighten me please do so.

Edited by Bazzel, 29 September 2012 - 04:56 PM.

#292 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

Woah awk.
I don't think he asked what rape was. XD

#293 Bazzel

Bazzel
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Woah awk.
I don't think he asked what rape was. XD

As I tried to explain depending on what the assault in question is depends on what law it falls under causing what the conviction is.

Oh and for those who claim Guys cant be raped. http://www.bbc.co.uk...hester-19330927
http://www.metro.co....-by-taxi-driver

#294 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

To my knowledge, its where someone is penetrates someone else body, orally, Anually or in to the virgina without consent. basically forcing ones self on to another.

Too generalized. Look, honey! It's an airplane! Whooooooosshhhhhhh! *spoonful of applesauce into infants mouth* RAPE!

Some people who commit rape are mentally unsound or intoxicated. Some people who commit rape were sexually violated in their youth. Some people who commit rape feel regret and remorse. To say all rapists should be put to death is very extreme. I don't think people should go unpunished for their misdeeds, but each case is different.

We already know men can be raped. I personally had a very uncomfortable chat with a man who looked like Iggy Pop dressed as a woman as he started baw-ing about having been raped in the past. It was not a pretty sight, and totally killed my boner.

#295 Bazzel

Bazzel
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

Too generalized. Look, honey! It's an airplane! Whooooooosshhhhhhh! *spoonful of applesauce into infants mouth* RAPE!

Oh come on... You know what im on about.. thats just wrong.

Some people who commit rape are mentally unsound or intoxicated. Some people who commit rape were sexually violated in their youth. Some people who commit rape feel regret and remorse. To say all rapists should be put to death is very extreme. I don't think people should go unpunished for their misdeeds, but each case is different.

And I already said depending on the circumstances to how it is justified. yes on my first post I did say kill the fuckers, But reading what everyone else has said and looking outside my own little bubble, sometimes death may be abit irrational. I agree with you people shouldnt go unpunished, but I also think the justice system should look at what time they are serving.

They have sent burglars to prison for longer amounts of time then rape before.

#296 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

"It destroys them emotionally, physically and mentally."
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Can you quote where i said it is impossible to recover from such a trauma? No?
HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Okay, This is fair. Some victims are strong enough to over come it some arent.
I suppose it all depends on the situation.

I believe all rape victims can recover.
(Or course with varying levels of counseling/support.)

#297 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

Can you quote where i said it is impossible to recover from such a trauma? No?
HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I just did, you seriously need to work on your reading skills

#298 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

I just did, you seriously need to work on your reading skills

My reading skills are more then adequate.

I don't see why carrying the memory of something traumatic automatically makes you super emo.
People move on and recover.
You can't forget something that terrible.
You just put yourself back together and move on.

Is that too complicated of a concept for you?

#299 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

Maybe I'm not grasping the concept because every two posts you say something completely opposite. Maybe I was wrong and reading was not your issue, but consistency...

#300 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:53 AM

To my knowledge, its where someone is penetrates someone else body, orally, Anually or in to the virgina without consent. basically forcing ones self on to another. I know there are what is put as different types of rape (easiest way to explain it..) Battery, Sexual assault, indecent assault and Im sure theres something else.
I understand depending on the circumstances depends on what the "label" is. Its a prisonal offense and if someone is found guiltly of rape they are usually sentenced to 6+ years but can be let early for good behaviour.
Ive have never actually fully read up on it as it is not something I feel comfortable doing

Eithe way this sentencing isnt good enough and rapist should not be allowed early in my opinion

EDIT: if you want to enlighten me please do so.

Firstly, LOL, annually having sex would be a very bad thing, Second, the actual law.

A person (A) commits an offence if—

(a)

he intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person (B) with his penis,

(b)

B does not consent to the penetration, and

©

A does not reasonably believe that B consents.

(2)

Whether a belief is reasonable is to be determined having regard to all the circumstances, including any steps A has taken to ascertain whether B consents.

(3)

Sections 75 and 76 apply to an offence under this section.

(4)

A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for life.

This the legal definition of rape in the UK, anything else, and it isn't rape. To be convicted of rape you must be a man as you must use a penis. The act of fingering or use digital penetration would fall under sexual assault and anything inserted, tongue, hand, toys etc would fall under sexual assault by penetration.

All three offences are indictable only offences (well sexual assault can be tried by triable either way but these scenarios are very rare) and are punishable by a maximum of life imprisonment. As you can see, there is nothing wrong with these laws and the sentencing and CPS guidelines are actually very tough.

I would also like to point out that you mentioned that men can be raped and one was forced against his will, which is obviously wrong. Men can be rape by other men through oral or anal sexual penetration with their penis. Anything else isn't rape. A women cannot rape someone else in any circumstances.

Another point. Please don't use battery as a term for sexual assault. You are wrong and battery means the physical application of assault and is used in connection with common assault - Section 39 of the Criminal Justice Act1988.
'A person commits an assault if he does an act (which does not for this purpose include a mere omission to act) by which he intentionally or recklessly causes another person to apprehend immediate unlawful violence.

Basically it is a minor offence and shouldn't be put into comparison with rape.

In response to convictions of rape, the attrition rate (I.E every single official reporting of a rape) results in a conviction rate of 13%. This obviously includes malicious, misinformed like the above post, and the unprovable. The conviction rate is actually around 60% after charging which is higher then the general crime rate which is 58% after charge.

http://www.telegraph...misleading.html
http://www.guardian....onviction-rates
http://www.guardian....-fair-fact-rape

So obviously the sentencing guidelines are strict enough and the police arresting and charging suspects, so really there isn't a lot of criticism you can dish out to the justice system in this case. Bare in mind any sentence is completely the judge's choice so any length of sentence should be his criticism, and there has been some of late.

And to finalise on early release/good behaviour. Indictable only offence are not eligible for release on license. Cases such as rape, terrorism, murder and peadophillia (other serious sexual offences) are not eligible to be released early. Plea bargains can be used but these are pre-sentence.

1. She'd feel like she was taken serious and she is a human being and not just some item that was broken which could be glued back together
2. She'd feel safer knowing he was punnished enough to learn his lesson
3. Peace of mind.

I honestly dunno 100% how to answer this question, but 5 years in prison isnt enough in my eyes. 10 years maybe but definitely not 5.

As above. Read what someone who is technically an expert in this field and deals with day in, day out as a career

Thanking you proving my earlier point, please read above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users