• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#26 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:22 PM

Not allowed to argue anymore?
Christ, this place is gonna get boring fast.

#27 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(Sunscorch @ Oct 9 2007, 11:22 PM) View Post
Not allowed to argue anymore?
Christ, this place is gonna get boring fast.

If your arguing wasn't aimed so personally, it would be alright. It just seems that every topic I spot you in, you're on the attack.

#28 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(Brandon @ Oct 10 2007, 03:27 AM) View Post
If your arguing wasn't aimed so personally, it would be alright. It just seems that every topic I spot you in, you're on the attack.

So I'm allowed to argue, just not with people? Only generally with the board at large?
I'm only percieved as on the attack because people can never get me on the defensive.

But, forgive me for thinking that someone who wants to punch all cops in the face is in the wrong. My bad, I won't "attack" them next time.

#29 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE(Sunscorch @ Oct 9 2007, 11:30 PM) View Post
So I'm allowed to argue, just not with people? Only generally with the board at large?
I'm only percieved as on the attack because people can never get me on the defensive.

But, forgive me for thinking that someone who wants to punch all cops in the face is in the wrong. My bad, I won't "attack" them next time.

By on the attack, I am referring to you being insulting. You can argue with people, but I don't think arguing should involve calling them a stereotyping twat.

Think what you like. I felt the comment wasn't smart at all either, but theres certainly a more appropiate way to express it tongue.gif

You just enjoy getting people riled up though don't you? laugh.gif

#30 Pat Crizack

Pat Crizack
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(Brandon @ Oct 9 2007, 07:34 PM) View Post
By on the attack, I am referring to you being insulting. You can argue with people, but I don't think arguing should involve calling them a stereotyping twat.

Think what you like. I felt the comment wasn't smart at all either, but theres certainly a more appropiate way to express it tongue.gif

I wasn't riled up at all. Frankly I could careless, I love argueing with people. And I wasn't trying to be smart, I'd rather fight someone physically than mentally. But, I suppose neither of you have ever been to suffolk, let alone long island. Take a trip over here, you'll understand.

#31 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(Brandon @ Oct 10 2007, 03:34 AM) View Post

When I said that, I didn't expect an argument tongue.gif
I reused it only because he did the same, followed by a practical definition of stereotyping as evidence that that he wasn't.

Anyhow... of course I do tongue.gif

#32 Pat Crizack

Pat Crizack
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(Sunscorch @ Oct 9 2007, 07:30 PM) View Post

btw, I didn't say all, you're just putting words in my mouth, I said, "Punch a cop in the face".

#33 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2007 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE(Pat Crizack @ Oct 10 2007, 03:48 AM) View Post
btw, I didn't say all, you're just putting words in my mouth, I said, "Punch a cop in the face".

The point was that you didn't say "that cop".
My Uncle's an Inspector in the Police force. Would you punch him in the face if he was the first cop you saw whilst in your pig-hating rage?

#34 Pat Crizack

Pat Crizack
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(Sunscorch @ Oct 9 2007, 07:51 PM) View Post
The point was that you didn't say "that cop".
My Uncle's an Inspector in the Police force. Would you punch him in the face if he was the first cop you saw whilst in your pig-hating rage?

Is he a full-blown jerk? Does he have any sense of morals, with no prejudice due to authority? If so, then no, Allow me to clearify, Majority of cops I know of, mostly suffolk county police, deserve to get put in their place.

My uncle is a retired detective, he's kind, loyal, and knows where he stands. He doesn't deserve to get punched in the face.

A clear abuse of authority is what is incorporated most in my hatred for the police.

#35 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(Pat Crizack @ Oct 10 2007, 04:09 AM) View Post
Is he a full-blown jerk? Does he have any sense of morals, with no prejudice due to authority? If so, then no, Allow me to clearify, Majority of cops I know of, mostly suffolk county police, deserve to get put in their place.

My uncle is a retired detective, he's kind, loyal, and knows where he stands. He doesn't deserve to get punched in the face.

A clear abuse of authority is what is incorporated most in my hatred for the police.

If your uncle really is a retired detective, and is kind, loyal and knows where he stands, then you must acknowledge that not all police are full-blown jerks with no sense of morals and prejudice due to authority.
Thereby making your hatred of the police as a group irrational and pointless.

Edited by Sunscorch, 09 October 2007 - 08:15 PM.

#36 Pat Crizack

Pat Crizack
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE(Sunscorch @ Oct 9 2007, 08:14 PM) View Post
If your uncle really is a retired detective, and is kind, loyal and knows where he stands, then you must acknowledge that not all police are full-blown jerks with no sense of morals and prejudice due to authority.
Thereby making your hatred of the police as a group irrational and pointless.

I hate Suffolk Cops, my uncle was a city cop. My hatred for police is targeted mostly for Suffolk Cops, I really don't even hate nassau cops and that's only one county over.

#37 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE(Pat Crizack @ Oct 10 2007, 04:46 PM) View Post
I hate Suffolk Cops, my uncle was a city cop. My hatred for police is targeted mostly for Suffolk Cops, I really don't even hate nassau cops and that's only one county over.

I suppose that's as close to an admission of being wrong as you're going to let out, so it'll do.
Deep down, you know the truth, eh? wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users