Photo

Newbie Packs

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Henna83

Henna83
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:25 PM

I started a new account with neopets and recieved a newbie pack. I notice you can not sale or trade any of the iteams... so what are you supposed to do with them? The goal in neopets is to make money so you can take of your neopets so why would they not let you sell or trade them? Is there some kind of waiting period you have to go through before they will allow you to sell/trade the iteams? This is my third and final account with neopets so this is the first time I have recieved a newbie pack. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

blink.gif

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1,229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:36 PM

The idea of a newbie pack is to allow you to "take care" of your pet -before- you make any money.

Besides which, the contents of every newbie pack is the same, rendering all of it utterly worthless even if you could sell it.

#3 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE(Sunscorch @ Oct 10 2007, 06:36 PM) View Post
The idea of a newbie pack is to allow you to "take care" of your pet -before- you make any money.

Besides which, the contents of every newbie pack is the same, rendering all of it utterly worthless even if you could sell it.

yeah. except at least now they're throwing in free basic pb's, so if you suddenly think blue is a better color for your grarrl, you won't be begging other people for np wink.gif

#4 Henna83

Henna83
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE(murderkill 2.1 @ Oct 10 2007, 05:53 PM) View Post
yeah. except at least now they're throwing in free basic pb's, so if you suddenly think blue is a better color for your grarrl, you won't be begging other people for np wink.gif

ooo ok thank you both very much smile.gif

#5 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23,214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:02 AM

Absolutley jack. I would personally sell it asap but they dont even allow you to do that >_<

Id even settle for 1np each item there! Thats doing more then what it does sitting there

#6 Jenna

Jenna
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:06 AM

the newest packs come with some clothes as well, just a potato sack - looking thing.

#7 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:27 AM

i like that potato-sack looking thing! XD

and put a pile of dung next to my pet. i'm going for a "caveman/slob" feel XD

too bad he's disco right now. maybe the lab will turn him a dirtier color?

shit, lost 2 levels sad.gif

Edited by murderkill 2.1, 11 October 2007 - 05:27 AM.

#8 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:54 PM

i wonder if the old newbie packs are worth anything?

#9 incorrectlimit

incorrectlimit
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:07 AM

i liked the newbie pack lol still have the untradeable petpets and pb's in my deposit box

#10 emme80

emme80
  • 700 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:35 AM

the old newbie packs use to come with the big book of puzzles. thats like 4k now.

#11 Aerowyn

Aerowyn
  • 432 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE(murderkill 2.1 @ Oct 10 2007, 08:53 PM) View Post

Most of the time they don't even use the basic colours. The newbies still beg on the boards, "can I have a baby pb?"

I think the basic colour paintbrushes are kind of stupid. I threw mine out. wacko.gif

#12 Darkaos

Darkaos
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:28 PM

It was design so people won't quit the game...seeing it help people alittle...don't you think?
Already playing and receive freebies, what more it a quite good freebies as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users