• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#26 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE(xcine @ Jan 20 2008, 10:37 PM) View Post
When editing my topic here, I added in the spoiler tag to contain the old version... everytime I try editing it now, I get the </div> showing up instead of the closing center tag.
It didn't happen before adding the spoiler tags, so perhaps it's something to do with them.

I have spoiler tags in my sig too, so it is probably them which is the problem. Find some better spoilers?

#27 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE(Laser Wave @ Jan 20 2008, 09:55 PM) View Post
I have spoiler tags in my sig too, so it is probably them which is the problem. Find some better spoilers?

Spoilers may have been part of the core code tongue.gif. Hopefully they will go away when I do the upgrade. I feel like we've had this conversation before tongue.gif.

#28 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:36 PM

I'm going to replace the core bbcode modules with the new upgraded ones and see if that does anything. If I blow up the site, blame me.

#29 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(ShadowLink64 @ Feb 6 2008, 08:36 PM) View Post
I'm going to replace the core bbcode modules with the new upgraded ones and see if that does anything. If I blow up the site, blame me.

Will do.

But yeah, once the upgrade is finished it should be fixed tongue.gif. If this works then it'll be even sooner tongue.gif.

#30 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:44 AM

Will the number of images allowed in a post change after the upgrade?...by that I mean will it increase tongue.gif ?

#31 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE(Oaken @ Feb 7 2008, 05:44 AM) View Post
Will the number of images allowed in a post change after the upgrade?...by that I mean will it increase tongue.gif ?
Maybe tongue.gif. That is a setting in ACP and we can change that even now tongue.gif. Bring it up after the upgrade and we can revisit the issue smile.gif.

#32 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:24 AM

Ok sure, thanks Hydrogen thumbsup.gif

#33 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:07 AM

Alright, the bbcode thing did nothing. Looks like we'll have to bite the bullet until we can get 2.3.4 restored, which is hopefully soon. 1we8.gif

#34 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE(ShadowLink64 @ Feb 7 2008, 11:07 AM) View Post
Alright, the bbcode thing did nothing. Looks like we'll have to bite the bullet until we can get 2.3.4 restored, which is hopefully soon. 1we8.gif
Ah that's too bad. Hopefully the full upgrade will fix things smile.gif.

#35 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:26 AM

I'm getting the old problem when I try and edit my Wheel of Mediocrity Library. It just says there is a problem with code rolleyes.gif

#36 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE(Oaken @ Feb 8 2008, 05:26 AM) View Post
I'm getting the old problem when I try and edit my Wheel of Mediocrity Library. It just says there is a problem with code rolleyes.gif
Wait until we update the board and then try again tongue.gif. I'm thinking it will get fixed again smile.gif.

#37 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE(Hydrogen @ Feb 9 2008, 03:10 AM) View Post
Wait until we update the board and then try again tongue.gif. I'm thinking it will get fixed again smile.gif.

I thought it had already been updated after what SL said above tongue.gif

Has it? Or is there another one? unsure.gif

#38 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE(Oaken @ Feb 9 2008, 12:30 AM) View Post
I thought it had already been updated after what SL said above tongue.gif

Has it? Or is there another one? unsure.gif

No it hasn't tongue.gif. We're doing line edits in another section of the site. You will know when the update is done when the number below stating the IPB version number changes from 2.3.1 to 2.3.4 smile.gif.

#39 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE(Hydrogen @ Feb 9 2008, 01:32 AM) View Post
No it hasn't tongue.gif. We're doing line edits in another section of the site. You will know when the update is done when the number below stating the IPB version number changes from 2.3.1 to 2.3.4 smile.gif.

... and the entire look of the site changes too, haha. tongue.gif There are also some extra modifications that will be a part of the new upgrade, but I'm not going to announce dates yet. We're still working on it. tongue.gif

#40 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:35 AM

ahhh sorry about me posting again about my thread not working then tongue.gif

I figured it may have just been a small update to that part of the site so I could have missed it.

I'll keep checking the bottom of the site then thumbsup.gif

#41 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:35 AM

Btw there's something wrong with the bbcode when you try to edit a topic generated by the downloads mod. Because the images generated are named like blah[idnumber].gif, they're blocked for being dynamic images so it doesn't let you edit the topic.

#42 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE(Oaken @ Feb 9 2008, 01:35 AM) View Post

I figured it may have just been a small update to that part of the site so I could have missed it.

There will also be a news post on it, so if anything, the news post is what you will notice first. tongue.gif

QUOTE(Laser Wave @ Feb 9 2008, 01:35 AM) View Post
Btw there's something wrong with the bbcode when you try to edit a topic generated by the downloads mod. Because the images generated are named like blah[idnumber].gif, they're blocked for being dynamic images so it doesn't let you edit the topic.

Yeah, I know, it hates dynamic images. 1we8.gif The easiest way to edit the topics right now is to edit the downloads description and it will automatically update the topic.

#43 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE(Oaken @ Feb 9 2008, 12:35 AM) View Post

It's cool. SL did try to update the file that handles bbcode to the 2.3.4 version but it didn't seem to do anything so I think he moved it back down.

#44 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE(ShadowLink64 @ Feb 9 2008, 08:36 AM) View Post
There will also be a news post on it, so if anything, the news post is what you will notice first. tongue.gif
Yeah, I know, it hates dynamic images. 1we8.gif The easiest way to edit the topics right now is to edit the downloads description and it will automatically update the topic.

Can't you just edit what it names the images when they're generated? So instead of blah[number].gif, just do blah_number.gif?

#45 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE(Laser Wave @ Feb 9 2008, 01:38 AM) View Post
Can't you just edit what it names the images when they're generated? So instead of blah[number].gif, just do blah_number.gif?

I don't think it will make a difference, because it will still recognize the image as a 'dynamic' image, just for the reason that I have a PHP script generating it. tongue.gif Will changing the name really do anything? blink.gif

#46 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE(ShadowLink64 @ Feb 9 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post
I don't think it will make a difference, because it will still recognize the image as a 'dynamic' image, just for the reason that I have a PHP script generating it. tongue.gif Will changing the name really do anything? blink.gif

It only recognises it as dynamic because of the name I think. There's no difference between an image generated dynamically and one made in photoshop other than if you give the first one a dynamic name. tongue.gif

#47 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE(Laser Wave @ Feb 9 2008, 01:41 AM) View Post
It only recognises it as dynamic because of the name I think. There's no difference between an image generated dynamically and one made in photoshop other than if you give the first one a dynamic name. tongue.gif

Oh. sad.gif I'll mark it down to change that then. tongue.gif

#48 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE(Kitsune @ Feb 9 2008, 02:06 AM) View Post
Laser taught me how to edit it now without getting that error tongue.gif But yeh, hopefully that gets fixed soon, was a pain in the ass sad.gif

It will most likely be after the board upgrade. Probably along with it since we will be coding for it anyway tongue.gif. Soon indeed tongue.gif.

Is this still an issue or can it be closed? tongue.gif

#49 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (Hydrogen @ Mar 6 2008, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It will most likely be after the board upgrade. Probably along with it since we will be coding for it anyway tongue.gif. Soon indeed tongue.gif.

Is this still an issue or can it be closed? tongue.gif

Yes it is still a problem tongue.gif.

#50 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:35 PM

i am aving this issue cant edit my sig wot the FARK

There is an error with your BBCode. It is possible that you have incorrectly used a tag such as [TAG] when it is meant to be used as [TAG=] or vice-versa.

seems to be because of the spoiler tag sum moderator put in my sig mad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users