• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2004 - 02:18 PM

A short while ago, gargargar25 posted a message about another site stealing credit for our programs. The site's address is http://www.nprogz.tk or http://www.freewebs....progz/home.html (thanks tli'm)

The site takes credit for ALL of the programs that they have hosted (which we made). Here is a direct quote from the site:

every program on this site has actually been programmed, and fully created by ME, or friends of mine, which are trusted.

The program downloads that they offer are:

Here are all the programs, free to download an use! Thanks for coming to NProgz!

Buzzer Game Autoplayer - Plays the peskily hard Buzzer Game for you!
Snow Wars Autoplayer - Plays Snow Wars for you!
Lottery Auto Buyer - This buys Lottery Tickets for you!
Punchbag Bob Killer - This kills Punchbag Bob for you!
Scarab 21 Player - This plays Scarab 21 for you!
Ow3nd Refresher - This will find "Something Has Happends" for you!
User Buyer r3a - This buys stuff cheap from users shops!

The site does not offer any contact information so I went directly to the freewebs site and complained about them. Here is the email that I wrote to Freewebs:

Hello, This is Faraaz Sareshwala A.K.A. Hydrogen on Neocodex (http://www.neocodex.us). I am one of the administrators at Neocodex. The reason why I am issuing a formal complaint today is to bring to your attention a website that you are currently hosting on your servers. The websites name is Nprogz (http://www.freewebs....haelheysnprogz/ or Nprogz.tk). The genre of both of our websites is to create functional programs for neopets which automate things on neopets. Nprogz has clai'med to have made many of the programs that they have on their site themselves. However, through further investigation I have found that these programs were actually made by programmers at Neocodex. No credit to the original programmer has been given in any part of the webpage put up by Nprogz. In fact, Nprogz has taken ALL of the credit. Here is a quote from the webpage itself:

every program on this site has actually been programmed, and fully created by ME, or friends of mine, which are trusted.

Neocodex has not authorized this redistribution of its programs nor has it any affiliation with Nprogz. To be even more blatantly obvious, the program links themselves link to our forums where the programs can be found. You can find a program download page here: http://www.freewebs....rogz/progz.html

If you need access to our forums, we have set up a temporary account for you. Its user details are as follows:

Username: Freewebs
Password: Restricted

I believe that is all the information that is required to prove that we made these programs and Nprogz is si'mply taking the credit for them. However, if I have not provided enough information, please do not hesitate to contact me through email or on the forums themselves through Personal Messenger. Once again, my username on the forums is Hydrogen.

Thank you for your ti'me and all of your help. I humbly awaait your response.
Faraaz Sareshwala A.K.A. Hydrogen

I should get a response from them soon. Ill post the response I get when I do get it :lol: . Thanks to everyone that helped get this message sent out so quickly :p , you know who you are...

#2 HoHoMaN90

HoHoMaN90
  • 674 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 02:21 PM

wow, I can't believe they would take credit, thats weird

HoHoMaN90

#3 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2004 - 02:23 PM

HOHO who asked? who? I msorry I'm slow

#4 HoHoMaN90

HoHoMaN90
  • 674 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 02:25 PM

woops I messed up, I thought hydro said gargar started the site... sorry!!!

HoHoMaN90

#5 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2004 - 02:34 PM

woops I messed up, I thought hydro said gargar started the site... sorry!!!

HoHoMaN90

nah he was the one that reported them :) ...many thanks go out to hi'm :rolleyes:

#6 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:15 PM

yaa I guess this is worse then the board I found with our progs that didnt have a link to us

#7 Funnlecake

Funnlecake
  • 2076 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:20 PM

let them burn in hell

#8 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:23 PM

let them burn in hell

its actually just one guy...aka blink aka neohacker aka wizkidprogrammer aka michael hayes

#9 tlim

tlim
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:24 PM

How did you find that out :rolleyes:
I missed alot while I was gone :)

Edited by tlim, 24 August 2004 - 03:24 PM.

#10 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

its actually just one guy...aka blink aka neohacker aka wizkidprogrammer aka michael hayes

lol soo many aka's ....iv heard of wizkidprogranner b4  :)
thats a paid site too I think

#11 HoHoMaN90

HoHoMaN90
  • 674 posts

you forgot aka a**hole lol

HoHoMaN90

#12 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:38 PM

We will see how it goes when I get a response from freewebs :) ...ill post that in this thread :rolleyes:

#13 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:47 PM

well, unless he gets past ip banned or gets his friends to sign up for codex and get progs for hi'm, then he cant steal anymore progs :)

#14 tlim

tlim
  • 246 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:49 PM

Well if his friends sign up, we will have to figure out who it is won't we :) .

#15 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:10 PM

well I would just like to reinterate my idea of not allowing sites to post our progs at all, and have only private mems allowed access, or atleast regualr members have partial access.  This kinda crap is annoying.

#16 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:11 PM

well I would just like to reinterate my idea of not allowing sites to post our progs at all, and have only private mems allowed access, or atleast regualr members have partial access.  This kinda crap is annoying.

its true but other sites having our programs brings us members and is free advertising :happybday:

#17 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:11 PM

yaa thats the easiest and best Idea, admins can we do that by any chance?

I wanna be owned by Cataliste now

#18 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:12 PM

yup, which is awesome, so they can post more, and wow we get famous!

#19 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:13 PM

not really cause it will attract neopets to us

#20 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:15 PM

if we want to take our programs off other sites, we would have to contact them...
  • they might not cooperate which means that we would have to shut them down unecissarily
  • we dont know all of the sites that host our programs as we just found out with nprogs

#21 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:19 PM

if we want to take our programs off other sites, we would have to contact them...

• they might not cooperate which means that we would have to shut them down unecissarily

• we dont know all of the sites that host our programs as we just found out with nprogs

We just do the best we can if we see sum1 wit our progs, be  bust them :busted:

#22 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3527 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:21 PM

Corey/icey defeat I think was talking to me about this before with me ....

#23 LiTtLeHaCkEr11

LiTtLeHaCkEr11
  • 564 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:28 PM

Peoples these days jealous of other peoples programs, so they go steal it and then clai'm that it is theres. Wow, no life peoples.

#24 HoHoMaN90

HoHoMaN90
  • 674 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:37 PM

can we just block outside linking or something? so peeps who use nprogz have to register to download the programs from our server?

HoHoMaN90

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:54 PM

Can you write my homework and stuff for me :happybday: Back on topic.......... Thats pretty low plagerizing (sp?)  I would take these programs and post them on my site but I would give people credit  LEECHERS STINK! PROGRAMMERS RULE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users