Trojan Question

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:22 PM

Norton used to be great up until 2003, I recommend a combo of BitDefender and Spybot, or nothing at all would be the smartest if whoever uses the computer can handle not getting viruses.......

QUOTE (Cataliste @ Mar 9 2008, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you guys get many Viruses? I use Linux so I can't really comment about the level of spy/mal/ad-ware and viruses on the net.

I havent had one in 5 years smile.gif Back then I wasnt nearly as smart either.

QUOTE (xBullet/Stephen @ Apr 1 2008, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kaspersky is the best AV around if you plan to run one in future.
And no, firewalls are not overated. They stop real intrusions - the windows one can only stop basic intrusions, for example:
As soon as your virus injects itself into another process the windows firewall may aswell be disabled.
May I add almost every trojan does this.
And it bypasses -MOST- firewalls.

A good firewall is very important - hardware or software. I let my routers firewall do the work and run the windows one just becuase it's there.

Hardware>software.

Unless you are in some sort of hacking / exploit community and people have grudges against you, I really have never seen a reason for a firewall. Everyone I've seen so far where a firewall has actually helped them, is in one of those kinds of community so it is then beneficial. I will agree though Hardware Firewall > Software firewall, and almost all if not all routers have them automatically enabled. Its possible to bypass them but it is extremely hard and you are running into 1 genius hacker if they happen to do it.

#27 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:28 PM

I have used AVIRA Anti virus for years now, i use the freeware version, its very easy to use but and stops most viruses, the only problem being once a virus/trojan gets on to your sysem AVIRA welcomes it home and backs down to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users