• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

#76 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (Oaken @ Apr 2 2008, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well firstly the chances of her carrying a cainsaw with one hand is pretty slim. Secondly I would never let myself get into a situation like that tongue.gif. So what I would do would be irrelevant Mr Reeves.

Not that slim. tongue.gif

Chainsaw for a hand, and that was 100% real life!

#77 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (Laser Wave @ Apr 2 2008, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not that slim. tongue.gif

Chainsaw for a hand, and that was 100% real life!

I love that film! Bruce Campbell ftw!

If she was anything like Bruce then I would be dead. Simple as that.

#78 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (Oaken @ Apr 2 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love that film! Bruce Campbell ftw!

If she was anything like Bruce then I would be dead. Simple as that.

Also, he knocked his wife's head off with a shovel and proceeded to chainsaw it in half. I wouldn't condone a man to do that to a woman unless she's very much possessed by evil spirits. whistling.gif If Bruce did it then surely it's acceptable in some circumstances. biggrin.gif

#79 adonis

adonis
  • 789 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (Laser Wave @ Apr 2 2008, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pop quiz hot shot! You're trapped at the end of an narrow alleyway with no way out other than the way you came in which just happens to be blocked by the (extremely) crazy lady with a machete and a chainsaw (if I were Frizzle I'd explain her craziness as being a result of her being on her period). She runs at you, you have no escape, she leads with her jaw, what do you do? What DO you do?! (said in a Keanu Reeves-esque manner)

Lead in with a left uppercut followed by a right hook. Follow her body's momentum and grab her from behind to finish with a snap suplex smile.gif

Indeed it is irrelevant to the video (that guy was clearly an idiot) but I just think it's stupid to say that there is absolutely no situation in which it would be appropriate to have to hit a woman. Violence in itself is futile and would be better avoided in all situations unless it's absolutely necessary.

Honestly I have to agree from what I seen in the video. There was no way she was going to be able to defend herself and had bystanders not have asserted themselved she could have been seriously hurt or killed in that scenario. Really the use of force against anyone regardless of gender has to be taken on a case by case scenario. As well as the measure of that force.

#80 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (Laser Wave @ Apr 2 2008, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed it is irrelevant to the video (that guy was clearly an idiot) but I just think it's stupid to say that there is absolutely no situation in which it would be appropriate to have to hit a woman. Violence in itself is futile and would be better avoided in all situations unless it's absolutely necessary.

Then we agree tongue.gif The majority of my response was to those who were stating that it is unfair that they are not allowed to hit women by society. Err rather it is by chivalry and such. I say it's by common sense.

As for the crazy woman? Kick her in the jaw and hopefully snap her neck. In the rebound hopefully the chainsaw will slice into her ribcage and ultimately she will meet her end by a horrible death. That'll teach her to use a chainsaw as a weapon.

#81 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:24 PM

What you guys don't understand is that the fact of the matter isn't anything to do with strength or ability. It's to do with respect, if you hit me; you don't have respect for me. Therefore it is justifiable to take you to the pig farm.

Also, apparently scientists have found a cure for PMS. It's called a bullet to the head.

#82 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Agent 009 @ Apr 2 2008, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hawk, seriously, that was weak. I've seen better arguments from you. As for the flaming - meh, just shows you're the person carrying a grudge, not I.

The difference between me carrying a grudge and you carrying a grudge is very significant. You are supposed to moderate impartially, when carrying a grudge, that can interfere. I'm a measly advanced member, I can say whatever the fuck I want about whoever I want. And I know it is weak, it is harder to defend someone else than yourself.
Had you of listened to me at all, you'd have known I stopped caring about the comment hazard made a while ago and that it was other aspects that did not sit well with me which I don't wish to go into in a public area. I have in fact said this several times now, yet you still believe it's that one mere comment I was concerned about.

If you didn't want to bring it up in a public area, why did you start with H2O? >.< I distinctively recall you bringing that up several months ago, and that was half a year after it happened. That is a grudge, Kitsune.
The part where I said beating the guy up is maybe the only way to get it through to the guy was based on the fact that simply breaking up a fight is not going to get the message through, but violence in this example could since that's how an abusive person's mind can sometimes be wired. I don't condone it, but sometimes the end justifies the means. Sometimes.
Because two wrongs make a right? I'm just taking your nonviolent stance, which is stated below.
I never condone violence, I believe it to be the weakest possible answer for any dispute and take little to no intelligence to take part in. And when there's violence between one clearly stronger person and one weaker person (no matter the sex), it should be stopped, sometimes by whatever means necessary.
In law you are allowed to come to the defence of someone else, and you may do so with physical force. Clearly the girl in this example wasn't able to defend herself, so others came to her aid. So long as the force is proportional.
dry.gif
The part where you said:
"And it is one thing to say a point is ridiculous and go on to prove that, than to say it is ridiculous, rip the person a new one, and then carry a grudge against them for months on end... right? You don't have to agree with their opinion, but at the very least you should show some respect for the person."
I'm pretty sure you misunderstood me entirely because your reply makes no sense to what you quoted 1we8.gif
You're right, I messed up on that point. I focused more on the bolded part of this quote: "I'm sorry but people don't go spouting someone else's opinion when you don't believe it's correct, except to distinguish it or say why it's ridiculous." I think that is ridiculous that you would even say something like that, because even though it is his opinion, you should respect it. Disprove it, or make your argument, and let it be. My distinguishing it you are mocking him, and that is uncalled for.

Lastly, I don't really moderate the boards so much, I deal with content and site development rather than petty issues on the board as I get a little sick of teenage boys having hissy fits because they don't like being told that there are rules here. So saying I'm inept as a moderator, even if it were true, it's entirely irrelevant really.

Not like being told what the rules are here? Excuse me? I haven't crossed any lines yet. I also don't have hissy fits about hearing the rules- I bitch about unfair and inconsistent application of the rules. Also, you admitted to being inept by saying you don't deal with the "petty stuff", when that should be your job. The admins are the ones who should be dealing with content and site development... A S-Mod is just a moderator on steroids. So by not doing your job moderating, well, thats a problem.

#83 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 2 2008, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What you guys don't understand is that the fact of the matter isn't anything to do with strength or ability. It's to do with respect, if you hit me; you don't have respect for me. Therefore it is justifiable to take you to the pig farm.

Also, apparently scientists have found a cure for PMS. It's called a bullet to the head.

You really think you are 'gangster' don't you rolleyes.gif . Maybe you shouldn't be so arrogant as to think you can demand respect. Respect can be gained just as it can be lost. If someone threw a punch at you, be it a man or a woman, then the chances are you just lost it. Deal with it.

You are not going to get it back by beating the crap out of the other person.

#84 SupermanFTM

SupermanFTM
  • 5817 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 2 2008, 05:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If a women's got the balls to throw a punch at me, she's got the balls to have her head kicked in. Same goes for any man aswell.

But hitting your partner is just...wierd? The only pounding my women gets is when we're doing the dirty.

See, that's kind of the stance I took earlier. If it's a big woman beating up a scrawny guy can the guy not at least try to defend himself? It's no male or female in my eyes, I'd rather go with the don't pick on the weak thing. tongue.gif

EDIT: Also, keep it clean guys? I'm surprised Kitsune hasn't used her amazing abilities to warn you all wink.gif I was almost considering it.. *whistle whistle*

#85 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Oaken @ Apr 2 2008, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You really think you are 'gangster' don't you rolleyes.gif . Maybe you shouldn't be so arrogant as to think you can demand respect. Respect can be gained just as it can be lost. If someone threw a punch at you, be it a man or a woman, then the chances are you just lost it. Deal with it.

You are not going to get it back by beating the crap out of the other person.

No I don't think I'm a gangster as you so elioquently put it, I'm just not a weak person like yourself and let people walk over me. I'm perfectly within my rights to defend myself and that applies to everyone within the law. Last time I checked it's 2008, not 1968. Equality stems through our laws and we can't pick and choose it.

QUOTE (Kitsune @ Apr 3 2008, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry Hawk, but you are in fact totally wrong on this point, you just don't know it.
As of a few weeks ago I told the admins I no longer wished to take an active role in moderating the board because I greatly dislike that aspect, and much prefer site development which I'd been involved with for some time (even as a mod). Just recently, admins and smods have been split up into departments, I chose and lead the content area for the site. Before this (it's only recently that this has been formalised), admins and smods took roles specific to their strengths, and I was quite actively involved in site content and development while moderation took a very minor role. Moderation is done, in the majority by moderators.

Big whoop, you're giving the admins some ideas about the neopets section.

Maybe it's time you got down from your stool methinks. I mean everyone's allowed to be up their own arse from time to time, maybe on a day trip; but you've got a holiday home there.

#86 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Laser Wave @ Apr 2 2008, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pop quiz hot shot! You're trapped at the end of an narrow alleyway with no way out other than the way you came in which just happens to be blocked by the (extremely) crazy lady with a machete and a chainsaw (if I were Frizzle I'd explain her craziness as being a result of her being on her period). She runs at you, you have no escape, she leads with her jaw, what do you do? What DO you do?! (said in a Keanu Reeves-esque manner)

I would do a barrell roll! That would fix it! Maybe even charge mah lazers a lil.

Not like being told what the rules are here? Excuse me? I haven't crossed any lines yet. I also don't have hissy fits about hearing the rules- I bitch about unfair and inconsistent application of the rules. Also, you admitted to being inept by saying you don't deal with the "petty stuff", when that should be your job. The admins are the ones who should be dealing with content and site development... A S-Mod is just a moderator on steroids. So by not doing your job moderating, well, thats a problem.

Lol, Hawk you just admitted that you bitch about stuff. The rules aren't made by us so we have no say in how they are applied. This isn't a democracy here. Whoever enforces the rules, makes the rules. They can change them all they want. Not that I agree with it, but thats how it is.

BTW, this is turning into a giant flame war. Almost to Disco Inferno standards. I find this hilarious and think it should go on! If not here then we should create a section just for flaming. That could be fun.

#87 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:35 PM

Shut up, the lot of you, for goodness sakes.
So I think Hazard is a twat. So Ange agrees with me.
Why does anyone even care?

#88 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:53 PM

If a dood decided to beat up on me like the guy in that video, I'd probably be knocked out instantly. I'm realllly physically weak, no doubt about it. But I have a short temper sometimes, and I get violent with inanimate objects to vent my anger. I may try to like, kick and beat on someone if they tried to physically harm me. I don't know how I'd handle that. Probably curl up in a ball and take it. sad.gif Who knows. (or a kick between the legs? Man or woman, it would hurt.)

At first I thought the guy in the video may have been playing around, but he had a way too serious look on his face and
those punches were too hard. 1we8.gif I don't think she did anything to deserve that. And I'm no feminist either. I wouldn't think a guy would deserve to get beat like that, either. Mah. So hard to put into words. (I've been having an increased difficulty with that lately.)

#89 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:19 PM

From this point on anyone who posts something that isn't directly related to the topic I am going to simply ban them from the thread and pass out warns if necessary. Please don't make it get to that point.

You guys got very off track from what I originally intended this thread to accomplish, and personally I don't give a shit about your personal feuds, and neither does this community. So take your bitching to MSN or kiss and make up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users