• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:58 PM

Hello everyone,

I would like to make an announcement concerning the growing prevalence of drug-oriented topics being posted on Neocodex and clear up any misconceptions or doubts about whatever policies we have in place. tongue.gif

When it comes to posting drug topics, sharing your personal experiences with the rest of the board is fine. Despite some users not liking the appearance of such topics, we have reluctantly allowed this practice to continue because there is nothing really illegal about it and a few members have lobbied for this freedom to exist on the board. However, in order for this to continue, some strict restrictions had to be placed on these topics in order for them to remain harmless areas of discussion.

These restrictions included the following:
  • Any topics or posts giving instructions on how to create, use, or locate illegal substances must be closed and depending on the content, removed (due to there being promotion of using these substances and liability issues).
  • Any topics or posts that include giving advise on drug use must also be closed, or removed depending on the content (due to liability issues and the potential promotion of the use of these substances).

While some of this might seem like bureaucratic nonsense to some of you, they are necessarily formailities to allow this freedom to exist on our site and to allow us to maintain a "safe" environment to be on (NOTE: I realize that some of you are adults, but remember that it is not just adults that visit the site). If we allow any of these two elements to exist on the site, there could potentially be some trouble for us in the future if anything goes wrong (which I believe could possibly never happen, but still). If you would like me to elaborate on this a bit, I have no problems doing so, but I'm sure that you can imagine that if something were to go wrong that the finger could be pointed at us.

However, the matter of fact is that we are not a community that is designed to fully embrace these topics, and so we cannot embrace them as fully as would a community that has drugs as its primary focus.

Hopefully I have made more sense of our drug-topic policy here, and if you have any questions or comments, please forward them to Tetiel or pyke (the HR department heads), an admin, or any staff member that is free. Thanks. smile.gif

#2 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:34 AM

I fully agree with that, but wouldn't it be smarter if people are curious to try drugs to advise them on it and if they still continue to do it then to advise them how to use them safely?

#3 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:54 AM

We could just refer them to erowid, and close.

#4 Amagius

Amagius
  • 1117 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:45 AM

I can support it, as long as we can link to places to locate information on the subject.

#5 Chew

Chew
  • 6307 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 20 2008, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I fully agree with that, but wouldn't it be smarter if people are curious to try drugs to advise them on it and if they still continue to do it then to advise them how to use them safely?

that could always be done via pm.

#6 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (mastachew @ Apr 20 2008, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that could always be done via pm.

Yep for sure. The main concern I have is that we're not really a forum that is geared towards this thing, and so I'm fine with if you want to send them a link to refer them to somewhere else where they can receive proper advice, or you can simply do it on MSN if you feel you are qualified to. We just cannot have it on the forums. sad.gif

#7 Aerowyn

Aerowyn
  • 432 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:13 PM

Thank goodness for this. smile.gif Keep up the good work, guys.

#8 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Sunscorch @ Apr 20 2008, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bad idea. First hand experience/advice is always better, in case they're thinking like "Oh, I'm a big guy and so I should take a heavy dose", go and do a heavy dose of DXM or something, and trip balls out of their minds 1we8.gif

#9 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (ShadowLink64 @ Apr 20 2008, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep for sure. The main concern I have is that we're not really a forum that is geared towards this thing, and so I'm fine with if you want to send them a link to refer them to somewhere else where they can receive proper advice, or you can simply do it on MSN if you feel you are qualified to. We just cannot have it on the forums. sad.gif

So it's ok if we offer jacking up advvice through PM, just not publically. Sweet.

QUOTE (Aerowyn @ Apr 20 2008, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank Goodness? You're so annoying it's not funny.

#10 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 20 2008, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So it's ok if we offer jacking up advvice through PM, just not publically. Sweet.

Thank Goodness? You're so annoying it's not funny.
Try keeping it off the boards altogether, even in PM. If you can take it to MSN, great smile.gif.

Also, please don't badmouth other members Frizzle. We let you back onto the boards not so that you could verbally abuse other members. I personally appreciate Aerowyn's contributions to the board greatly. Thank you Aerowyn smile.gif.

In particular for this thread, I was very pleased to see that she liked the change. People are so quick to criticize but they are slow to give appreciation, myself included first and foremost. It made me happy to see someone benefited from the post smile.gif.

#11 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 20 2008, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, because PMs are still "on the forum" and still in a zone where liability rests on us. Notice I said MSN, or another site via. a link. wink.gif

I'm not asking for much... 1we8.gif

QUOTE (Aerowyn @ Apr 20 2008, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem. smile.gif

#12 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Hydrogen @ Apr 20 2008, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try keeping it off the boards altogether, even in PM. If you can take it to MSN, great smile.gif .

Also, please don't badmouth other members Frizzle. We let you back onto the boards not so that you could verbally abuse other members. I personally appreciate Aerowyn's contributions to the board greatly. Thank you Aerowyn smile.gif .

In particular for this thread, I was very pleased to see that she liked the change. People are so quick to criticize but they are slow to give appreciation, myself included first and foremost. It made me happy to see someone benefited from the post smile.gif .

Please explain why it's always Americans and Canadians that are so fucking pathetic and naive when it comes to drugs. They act like a drug topic demoralises the whole of their country or will jump out and kill them. I'm fed up with your countrymen looking down on my loved ones just because of this. This never happens with the English, so can you explain why it's your country's fucked up youth? smile.gif

QUOTE (ShadowLink64 @ Apr 20 2008, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, because PMs are still "on the forum" and still in a zone where liability rests on us. Notice I said MSN, or another site via. a link. wink.gif

I'm not asking for much... 1we8.gif

No problem. smile.gif

You said we could, then we couldn't. Make up your mind. Don't act as I'm asking for anything either.

#13 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 20 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please explain why it's always Americans and Canadians that are so fucking pathetic and naive when it comes to drugs. They act like a drug topic demoralises the whole of their country or will jump out and kill them. I'm fed up with your countrymen looking down on my loved ones just because of this. This never happens with the English, so can you explain why it's your country's fucked up youth? smile.gif

Not quite sure what you are asking. I can't really answer as I've only lived in america.

In any case, these are the policies for Neocodex smile.gif. If anyone has any other questions, please direct them to us smile.gif.

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 20 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You said we could, then we couldn't. Make up your mind. Don't act as I'm asking for anything either.
You can't.

#14 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:34 PM

Then please look at this link http://www.neocodex....o...=79845&hl=#

#15 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 20 2008, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, I cannot explain this phenomena. Personally, I'm fairly apathetic towards the drug debate and the "war on drugs" and whatever but my personal feelings on the matter have no place in Neocodex policy; what does is what is in accordance with our hosts' TOS and the legal system.

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 20 2008, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry I got things mixed up. It happens. It appears that we are not going to let it exist on PMs either because of the point I made above.

So to mastachew, I'm sorry but that will not be permitted unless you are intending to take the discussion somewhere else.

#16 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (Sunscorch @ Apr 20 2008, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#17 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 20 2008, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;o I'm Canadian.

#18 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 20 2008, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Canada is more layed-back it than you think. You're thinking of america.

Edited by FlashGM, 20 April 2008 - 04:11 PM.

#19 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:22 PM

America is pretty laid back too, but we have a lot of problems, for sure sad.gif.

#20 Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin
  • 5302 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:35 PM

But, SL and Hydrogen.

If one were to, say... PM a member. And said member was to share his or her knowledge on a given chemical or ethnobotanical, you wouldn't act upon it unless another member complained would you? Just wondering, hypothetically, how uptight you would be about it.

#21 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (Pomroy @ Apr 20 2008, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But, SL and Hydrogen.

If one were to, say... PM a member. And said member was to share his or her knowledge on a given chemical or ethnobotanical, you wouldn't act upon it unless another member complained would you? Just wondering, hypothetically, how uptight you would be about it.
We're not going to explicitly seek it out but if it comes to our attention we're going to have to do something we don't have to do. Just to be safe though, and to help Neocodex stay out of trouble, take it off the boards completely smile.gif.

#22 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Hydrogen @ Apr 20 2008, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're not going to explicitly seek it out but if it comes to our attention we're going to have to do something we don't have to do. Just to be safe though, and to help Neocodex stay out of trouble, take it off the boards completely smile.gif.

Can we post pictures?

#23 Kisarou

Kisarou
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (Hydrogen @ Apr 21 2008, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're not going to explicitly seek it out but if it comes to our attention we're going to have to do something we don't have to do. Just to be safe though, and to help Neocodex stay out of trouble, take it off the boards completely smile.gif .

Yeah, we certainly don't want any troubles with the law sad.gif

#24 Alex

Alex
  • 6640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:31 AM

Perhaps we're all the same
or do we go our separate way?
The quest often...fails to entertain

Is it wrong to have a mundane name?
Shame too few the heart obey

Grounded we are in thought,
restless to remove the lock and
eager to take off its weight.
As the process repeats again,
thought exists, existentialism will always, always be in vain.

hidden message thar.
True procrastinators. we do anything as long as it's not something we have to do.

Edited by Alex, 21 April 2008 - 03:03 AM.

#25 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 21 2008, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps we're all the same
or do we go our separate way?
The quest often...fails to entertain

Is it wrong to have a mundane name?
Shame too few the heart obey

Grounded we are in thought,
restless to remove the lock and
eager to take off its weight.
As the process repeats again,
thought exists, existentialism will always, always be in vain.

hidden message thar.
True procrastinators. we do anything as long as it's not something we have to do.

POT IS GREAT! wat do I win?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users