• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (Laser Wave @ May 10 2008, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never really understood people buying Anti-Virus software when there's free versions out there which are just as good.

Have a look at AntiVir and AVG Free.
I use AVG, it never seems to actually do anything except update. I suppose that could be cause I don't visit sites which would give me anything though.

#27 'B'

'B'
  • 934 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (Cataliste @ May 10 2008, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lmfao. Blaster/Nachi much?

And HIPS sounds like a damn rootkit. xD

Worms are different from viruses. Worms self-propagate through holes that usually get patched quickly. All you have to do is run Windows Update weekly or so.

Rootkits aren't necessarily bad. Also, I can guarantee any decent virus scanner with enabled real-time protection makes use of systemwide hooks...so

Here's a nifty MapleStory truth:
There's a buffer overflow exploit in MapleStory (doubtful that it's patched) that allows a hacker to run code on another person's client smile.gif lol a MapleStory worm would propagate so fast and infect millions of people...unfortunately there's limits to how many bytes can be thrown onto the buffer overflow and what bytes can be put onto the buffer overflow severely limiting what you can do :\ BUT cool nonetheless. The guy who found it was able to nab a few GM accounts. lol

#28 BinaryAttack

BinaryAttack
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:00 PM

counterstrike aimbot have rootkits as well but it's harmless

about the maplestory stuff, yeah i heard some guy got hold of GM accounts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users