Photo

[Guide]Legit Money making guide Part 1. Auctions[done]

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:27 AM

A very straight forward guide to Auction Sniping This does work as many of you have seen my 140m+ account! as proof

What is auction Sniping?

Auction sniping is buying items of the auctions that are selling below there normal rate.
All kinds of items from codestones to pbs to hidden tower items pass through the auctions everyday and 9/10 a sniper gets them but how?

The basics of auction sniping is to out bid your rivals to the item.
Now at anytime you will have alot of people all bidding on the same item at once, so, you have to give your self the edge over your competitors.

These simple points will help you "snipe" alot more items than you were previously able to.

1.Where to snipe
2.What to snipe
3.Your rivals
4.Your bid

Where To Snipe

To start of sniping dont start bidding on items that are selling under price with hours remaining thats a waste of time and just plain daft, only bid on items that are under the "1-20" column, if these items are going to fast for you at the begining start of at the "21-40" column this will give you a bit more time but will give the pro snipers a better chance to change the bidding pattern...which i will discuss later.
Just continuly refreash that page every 5 seconds to see a new list of items.

What To Snipe

Items under priced go through the auctions every few minutes, it would be wise to take advantage of this, if your new to sniping aim for codestones, food, faeire or similar items.
Eventually you will feel the need to make some real dough, this is when you will be on the look out for the lab maps, PBs , Nerkmids, Mps and loads more.
It would benifit you greatly if you made your self aware of what items are currantly selling for, the more items you are aware of the more items you can go for.

Your Rivals

This little number can make you alot of neopoints simply by following the rival snipers, when you see one of these following people bid on an items stalk them, out bid them because 99% of the time they are making profit...these are pro snipers

>Follow_Your_Destiny
>Swippe
>Davioth
>Old_Snipe_Machine
>Ihalo_Is_Back
>Qt_Gt
>Tears_In_Heaven_Ftw
>dragon_paint_brush

And now the important part..Your Bid:

Not IF but when you come across that bargin item dont bid the next increasement...why because [1] you stand to be outbid a split second later or [2] you`ve already been out bid before your bids prosessed.. when you bid, increase the bid by somthing like 1234 or 4567 (depending on the items value) doing this will almost certainly ensure you get a bid in and it will also stop anyone else from bidding the increasement.
As soon as you have had a bid thats been successful Quickly press "back" and put another bid in, this time raise previous bid by another 1234 or 2345, keep doing this (back enter) until you get another bid in.

For Instance:

If the item is selling for 40k with a 1k increasement and i raise it by 2222 the bid will stand at 42222 enter that bid then press back and enter 44444 repet this prossess until the auciton is over.

Auctions in the "1-20" column only last around 15 seconds so doing this process twice with almost guarantee the item.....

I also have several other tabs open whilst sniping, one on the toy shop, the magic shop and the stamp shop, so if nothing comes through the auctions on a couple of refresh`s you can refresh the shops...

This is my first `attempt` of a guide so please be gentle crybaby.gif

Edited by interhacker, 19 May 2008 - 04:55 PM.

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:34 AM

Nice guide, what are some common items which go through pretty frequently and what prices should they be bid up to?

#3 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:43 AM

Items that go through the auction frequently are lab maps (every 10mins) pbs (every hour) petpets (hourly) tps (hourly again)..these times are only a rough guide but they show how common they are to snipe.

As far as how much to pay, if the item is worth 200k of course you dont want to pay 190k+ so its up to you ownr disipline, have much your pre-pared to pay.

The price the item ends up at is decided by how many people are bidding for it, so how much to pay is down you yourself....

Also... if you refresh in the "1-20" coumn you will see the names i listed above bidding on items...out bid them because they know that what there bidding on will make them profit.

Edited by interhacker, 19 May 2008 - 09:46 AM.

#4 xeeki

xeeki
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:27 AM

Thanks!! Will try and tell you my results.

#5 Mialaca

Mialaca
  • 514 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:58 AM

Sniping is hard. I like it. But it's hard. lol Profit after half an hour; 50k. ><

#6 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Mialaca @ May 19 2008, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sniping is hard. I like it. But it's hard. lol Profit after half an hour; 50k. ><

if you read thid guide you will see that you can make 1o0k in about 15min

#7 Mialaca

Mialaca
  • 514 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:04 PM

Someone almost always got along right behind me on the good stuff. biggrin.gif

#8 xeeki

xeeki
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (interhacker @ May 19 2008, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you read thid guide you will see that you can make 1o0k in about 15min

Im not having that kind of luck at all... what item would you say is the best to snipe... just one.

#9 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (xeeki @ May 19 2008, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im not having that kind of luck at all... what item would you say is the best to snipe... just one.

mmm lab maps are more common so practice on them..if you can tell me where your going wrong while following my guide i will be able to help you more

#10 hab

hab
  • 394 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:58 PM

Nice guide hacker, make a restock one biggrin.gif:D

Edited by hab, 19 May 2008 - 02:58 PM.

#11 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (hab @ May 19 2008, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice guide hacker, make a restock one biggrin.gif:D

1. Go to shop
2. Refresh till desired item appears.
3. ...
4. PROFIT!

#12 Will

Will
  • 2229 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

Looking good interhacker. I'm excited for the rest of this guide.

#13 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (hab @ May 19 2008, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice guide hacker, make a restock one biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

thumbsup.gif i hear you, legit restocking is on my list dont worry tongue.gif

#14 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (Kitsune @ May 19 2008, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem with lab maps is you have to be able to identify the specific piece and then identify it's price on sw either by memory or by searching and only then decide if it's worth going for. This can prove difficult when you've got to make the decision to go for it in about 5 seconds.

I've been doing this method for the past couple days and I've grabbed about 30 codestones around half their usual price, and a few 20k items under 5k. Whenever I get bored I move to trading items for better items tongue.gif

...It would benifit you greatly if you made your self aware of what items are currantly selling for, the more items you are aware of the more items you can go for.... sorry i thorght i covered that in the guide unsure.gif

Glad it helped tho smile1.gif

#15 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:54 PM

Would it be useful if, rather than the text box on the haggle page showing the next increment, it shows the next increment + say 10%?

#16 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:05 PM

Got a script Laser?

I find adblocking the images of non-codestones (or any item I'm sniping for) helps. As well as having the prices of the codestones on a post-it.

#17 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Hobo @ May 20 2008, 03:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got a script Laser?

I find adblocking the images of non-codestones (or any item I'm sniping for) helps. As well as having the prices of the codestones on a post-it.

Not yet, that's why I was asking if it would be useful. tongue.gif

#18 BinaryAttack

BinaryAttack
  • 487 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE (Laser Wave @ May 19 2008, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not yet, that's why I was asking if it would be useful. tongue.gif

increment is specified by the user..hmm maybe take the increment divide by the current price to determine a % then work from there?

or perhaps take the desired bid minus current bid then determine how many times you want to bid and thus you get the increment you needed. You will need like 3 input for an item example: Eo Codestone 4000 3

then it will automatically search for current bid of eo codestone and take 4000 minus by the current bid. if it is negative then there will be no bid else it will take the remaining NP to divide by 3 and bid accordingly at a time specified like once in 2 seconds.

#19 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (Laser Wave @ May 19 2008, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would it be useful if, rather than the text box on the haggle page showing the next increment, it shows the next increment + say 10%?

QUOTE (BinaryAttack @ May 20 2008, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
increment is specified by the user..hmm maybe take the increment divide by the current price to determine a % then work from there?

or perhaps take the desired bid minus current bid then determine how many times you want to bid and thus you get the increment you needed. You will need like 3 input for an item example: Eo Codestone 4000 3

then it will automatically search for current bid of eo codestone and take 4000 minus by the current bid. if it is negative then there will be no bid else it will take the remaining NP to divide by 3 and bid accordingly at a time specified like once in 2 seconds.

Altho a sound theroy not viable, there are many a reason why it wouldnt work, but i havnt got time to list yet..i will get back to it

#20 BinaryAttack

BinaryAttack
  • 487 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (interhacker @ May 20 2008, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Altho a sound theroy not viable, there are many a reason why it wouldnt work, but i havnt got time to list yet..i will get back to it

if you say it wouldn't work then you will be right..you are the experienced one here tongue.gif, there're no auction sniping programs out there as well.

#21 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (BinaryAttack @ May 20 2008, 05:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you say it wouldn't work then you will be right..you are the experienced one here tongue.gif , there're no auction sniping programs out there as well.

There was an auction sniping program but neopets changed the way auctions are run, but trust me a 10% increase wouldnt work.

The TNT investigated a legit user called follow_your_destiny (a pro sniper) becasue of her bidding pattern she went through the auctions only bidding once and winning the auctions 9/10 times, needless to say if you consistantly bid 10% everytime neopets would see that patteren, also bidding 10% wouldnt give you a better chance of winning an auction purly because you would have to refresh to see the next bid before you could prosses your bid...i could go-on but its just a vicous circle

#22 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (interhacker @ May 20 2008, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There was an auction sniping program but neopets changed the way auctions are run, but trust me a 10% increase wouldnt work.

The TNT investigated a legit user called follow_your_destiny (a pro sniper) becasue of her bidding pattern she went through the auctions only bidding once and winning the auctions 9/10 times, needless to say if you consistantly bid 10% everytime neopets would see that patteren, also bidding 10% wouldnt give you a better chance of winning an auction purly because you would have to refresh to see the next bid before you could prosses your bid...i could go-on but its just a vicous circle

Well it wouldn't be exactly 10% it would kind of be random since it would be rounded like if the next offer was meant to be 3000, it would be + 10% so it's 3300 and then rounded to get to 3333 like haggle prices. Or it could be random like adding on 7-13% and then rounding.

#23 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE (Laser Wave @ May 20 2008, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it wouldn't be exactly 10% it would kind of be random since it would be rounded like if the next offer was meant to be 3000, it would be + 10% so it's 3300 and then rounded to get to 3333 like haggle prices. Or it could be random like adding on 7-13% and then rounding.

If you wanted to take it one step further you would need some sort of refresher so its auto the bids for you everytime you get out bid.

Dont take it literallly thought...

I could name the features and needs of a auction sniper program but it would be highly confusing to describe i believe and not possible in this topic/

#24 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE (interhacker @ May 20 2008, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you wanted to take it one step further you would need some sort of refresher so its auto the bids for you everytime you get out bid.

Dont take it literallly thought...

I could name the features and needs of a auction sniper program but it would be highly confusing to describe i believe and not possible in this topic/

I wasn't thinking of making it do the whole process (that would kind of negate the point of doing it manually tongue.gif), just making the process a bit faster for people by not having to type in the numbers manually.

#25 Bryn AKA Interhacker

Bryn AKA Interhacker
  • 1885 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (Laser Wave @ May 20 2008, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasn't thinking of making it do the whole process (that would kind of negate the point of doing it manually tongue.gif ), just making the process a bit faster for people by not having to type in the numbers manually.

Ouch! well in that case it would be viable, i think people new to auction sniping would benifit massivly and the program would be unique because there are no other programs as such on any other rival site pirate1.png

As for expirianced snipers i think manualy would be the best option

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users