Photo

Energy Drinks

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Tim

Tim
  • 2795 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:35 PM

OH DEAR GOD THAT IS ONE BIG ENERGY DRINK. I picked up one of the BFC cans of this stuff, it's ridiculously large and I'm pretty sure it's possible for this to cause a heart attack.

Discuss energy drinks and how they help you cope with mornings during school.

#2 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2008 - 06:38 PM

If you need an energy drink to get through a school day, you've got some serious problems tongue.gif

Anywho, I never found Monsters effective, but I think they taste good. May have been something else though.

#3 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:05 PM

Overrated.. and I think a lot of kids drink Monster because of the "cool" factor more than anything else. >_>

#4 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:08 PM

Honestly you shouldn't be getting your energy from a drink because in the long run you could end up getting "addicted" to it. I think a cup of black coffee is best or if you can small servings of tea through the day.

QUOTE (Ender @ May 25 2008, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Overrated.. and I think a lot of kids drink Monster because of the "cool" factor more than anything else. >_>

I think that's the main selling point behind most energy drinks.

#5 Tim

Tim
  • 2795 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Ender @ May 25 2008, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, I see people with a can in their hand before school every morning who look like they're trying way too hard.

I'd say it's sort of like my coffee, but I don't rely on it for every single morning. It's a nice boost for the morning on days you're feeling more groggy than usual. Makes your day a little more interesting. smile.gif

#6 Guest_Ali_*

Guest_Ali_*

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:24 PM

As energy drinks go, I'm a Red Bull girl through and through. tongue.gif But I'm not allowed any energy drinks anymore due to my caffeine intolerance. sad.gif

#7 dolphinbomb

dolphinbomb
  • YAAAAAAYYYYY

• 3758 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (Ali @ May 25 2008, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As energy drinks go, I'm a Red Bull girl through and through. tongue.gif But I'm not allowed any energy drinks anymore due to my caffeine intolerance. sad.gif

Red Bull ftfw.

I try not to have energy drinks, period, but if I'm running low on sleep or need to be awake, I'll usually grab a red bull (the 8 oz cans only, not the ridiculous 12 or 16 oz cans) to keep me going smile.gif

Edited by dolphinbomb, 25 May 2008 - 07:35 PM.

#8 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (FlashGM @ May 25 2008, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honestly you shouldn't be getting your energy from a drink because in the long run you could end up getting "addicted" to it. I think a cup of black coffee is best or if you can small servings of tea through the day.

That's what Whiskey is for!

#9 'B'

'B'
  • 934 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

Caffeinated drinks don't work very well for me at boosting energy for some reason. Yesterday I drank like the big McDonalds iced coffee (very huge) by myself then slept like a baby. Monster tastes good...but really doesn't do anything for me either. sad.gif There's times I could use the boost too.

#10 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:18 PM

People shouldn't be drinking it every day. It's basically complies with the theory of addiction and tolerance. Your body becomes conditioned to have a rather large dose of caffeine and other chemicals at around the same time every morning so it creates an opposite effect in preparation for it thus making you feel more tired. Which really makes you feel you need to rely on it more. The best thing to do is cut yourself off from it except for things with minimal amounts of caffeine and just sleep more. The withdrawal symptoms of caffeine just aren't worth it. Personal experience: they suck sad.gif

...but I can't say I'm not guilty of having a Java Monster happy.gif those things are sooooooooooooooo good!

#11 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Cataliste @ May 25 2008, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what Whiskey is for!

Unless you're not a half-wit, 6 fingered, redneck drunk! Otherwise I guess it's ok happy.gif

#12 Jewbert

Jewbert
  • 3387 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:27 PM

I don't drink them too often anymore. Probably because they're so damn expensive. But I like the diet Rockstars or the lo-carb Monsters. Especially when they're like, freezer cold but not frozen. Mmmm.

#13 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:16 PM

i drink this. i dont really like carbonited energy drinks that much.

#14 Will

Will
  • 2229 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:17 PM

I scoff at your wimpy Monster.

#15 iNextGenWarrior

iNextGenWarrior
  • 1635 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:38 AM

I don't see how people can drink these drinks... They are way too carbonated for me... I can't even take a swallow. without my throat catching on fire...

#16 xeeki

xeeki
  • 482 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:50 AM

I drank to many redbulls one night. I used to bartend and I would drink them to keep me going. I had one to many and when I got home after work around 6 am I swear I thought I was going to die. I was shaking and breathing heavy. I never drank an energy drink again.

#17 philywilly

philywilly
  • 1656 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (pyke @ May 25 2008, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you need an energy drink to get through a school day, you've got some serious problems tongue.gif

Anywho, I never found Monsters effective, but I think they taste good. May have been something else though.

That's pretty much like saying "if you need a coffee to keep you going through the day, you've got problems," since the effects are quite similar, if not identical.

Anyways, yeah, that sure is a huge ass monster. One night out with friends I bought myself one of them and it definetely made a difference.. that night was spent mostly walking around town and toking up.. usually that kind of combo would have me incredibly tired after 2-3 hours, but that monster totally kept me going all night.

#18 iNextGenWarrior

iNextGenWarrior
  • 1635 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:08 PM

Is it possible to die from an overdose on Energy Drinks?

#19 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (philywilly @ May 26 2008, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's pretty much like saying "if you need a coffee to keep you going through the day, you've got problems," since the effects are quite similar, if not identical.

I'd agree that person has problems tongue.gif It's an addiction at that point.

And yes, it is possible to overdose on energy drinks. It just would take a lot, though and of course depend on how much tolerance the person has built up.

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (NextGenWarrior @ May 26 2008, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it possible to die from an overdose on Energy Drinks?

Yeah.
Theres a warning on the can for a reason (drinking 3+ or more)
The dude who runs the mini mart down the street said one time he drank 4 in one day and had a heart attack.

#21 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Eric @ May 26 2008, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah.
Theres a warning on the can for a reason (drinking 3+ or more)
The dude who runs the mini mart down the street said one time he drank 4 in one day and had a heart attack.

Isn't that why they took that drink "cocaine" of the market? I heard it caused a ton of deaths.

I hardly drink energy drinks, but if I do I drink red bull.

#22 Sean

Sean
  • 6188 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:25 PM

They taste boombb.

They don't make me energized, but they keep me awake for long periods of time loll

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Sean @ May 26 2008, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They taste boombb.

They don't make me energized, but they keep me awake for long periods of time loll

.. and this is why i drink them. lol

#24 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (KyleBigMac @ May 26 2008, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't that why they took that drink "cocaine" of the market? I heard it caused a ton of deaths.

I hardly drink energy drinks, but if I do I drink red bull.

Its still on the market, just harder to find

http://www.xoxide.co...ergy-drink.html

Energy Drinks > Coffee because at least you get a decent amount of vitamins in the energy drinks.

#25 Aetas

Aetas
  • 507 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:27 PM

Energy drinks do make you crash, but I don't think 5 hour energy works too well. It seems too good to be true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users