Photo

Rememebr this?!?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:03 PM

You lot are the most conservative people under the age of 50 I have ever seen in my life.

Trevor Posted: Jul 5 2004, 12:57 AM

Gay Marriage:
I admit, I am slightly weirded out by some gays/lesbians, etc.
HOWEVER:
I believe that gay men and women, if they live together, sleep together, eat together, and are just as much in love as any other couple, and are one in EVERY other way, then why can't they enjoy the legal and spiritual benefits of everyone else.

Hear, hear, Trevor. Well said.

powerman5000 Posted: Jul 5 2004, 05:35 AM

to me its like a cri'me cause it says IN THE BIBLE....that god said somin about he made a woman for a man and a man for a woman and some shit like that so I think if I was a cop and saw some gay ppl I would arrest them and then....umm...kick them, lol

0_0 I seriously can never look at you the same way again. "god said somthing... and some shit like that..." and discri'mination against gay people if you gain authority when you're supposed to be upholding the law? I know you're joking but that seriously scares me.

Chloe's speech is good too.

Raredaredevil Posted: Jul 5 2004, 01:38 PM

I think being gay is another way to b defiant for some peopl stop shoving ur cokcks up eachovers arses and get a women u CENSOREDs

o.o Oh my god. Just... oh my god.

Plume Posted: Jul 5 2004, 02:40 PM

Doesn't the bible teach you something about tolerance too? Compassion? Equality? Or is that the constitution. I don't know. I don't like bashing, of any kind. Respect thy neighbour if thou wishest to go to heaven. I may not know a lot about religion but I would be very, very, very surprised if God (however you define hi'm/her) would be happy with hatred of any kind.
Love thy neighbour. And if your male neighbour chooses to love his male neighbour, then really, what's it to ya?
Halleluja.

Plume's my new best friend. Why are Christians so hypocritial?! I... seriously... *sputters* I've never seen a person be more hypocritial than when they bring up their religion. Who decided it was your right to persecute God's children on earth? God judges, NOT YOU, so live with them if they are happy and not hurting you.

Gay people are TWO CONSENTING ADULTS and they are not trying to change the Bible, just the legal terms. I don't want to be mean and I don't want this post deleted, so just delete this line if you must, but: Get over yourself, Christians. This country was founded on a separation of church and state. You don't rule america (where I am assuming this debate is taking place, because of the politics raging here anyway) - and your opinions don't either. Just because you think something's gross doesn't mean millions of people a year can be HAPPY. More later, I'm so mad I'm shaking.

last one:

the bible is strongly against homosexuallity... don't try to manipulate it *angry smiley*

You are acting like a bad bad person who apparently has a very hateful, unforgiving God. Have fun trying to get into heaven. By the way, the original word used in passages which appear to be concerning homosexuality was 'sodomy' which at the ti'me meant any and all of the following: fellatio, cunnilingus, anal sex, sex with ani'mals, et al. Basically anything but vaginal sex. Homosexuality was a convenient way to interpret it.

#2 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:11 PM

RAWK ON JILL. if you want to you can! but my sister is lesbian so I cant really be hatin em. rdd that was way out of line, you *various flames and very harsh words*

but I wasnt here when that happened

Edited by Enth E End, 27 August 2004 - 09:13 PM.

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:12 PM

They actually put that on there? ^_^ were famous :)

#4 Chloe

Chloe
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:14 PM

jill, I totally agree.....oh my goodness I remember this convo, me and powerman got into a beef cause he called me a CENSORED and stuff cause of what I said.....wow memories...Freedom for all baby!!  freedom for all

#5 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:19 PM

Actually, Plume has basically my entire argument down to a T. Fundamentalism is creepy as hell and a huge danger. Look at GodHatesFags.com. How can people believe in so hateful and vindictive a God? It's sickening. There are pictures of their children playing around protest signs totally about hate and destruction of everyone they think is evil - which is, everybody.

I personally don't see how "faggot" or "fag" is any different than the "n" word when talking about coloured people. Or is it okay to discri'minate over sexuality but not race? How about religion, should non-christians insult christians over religion?
It's all about tolerance.

*worship* That's the exact argument my boyfriend barged into my Civics class with. "How many of you in this classroom think being black is wrong?" No one raised their hands. "How many of you think being gay is wrong?" All but four in a classroom of 25. I live on a wannabe Bible belt though... 9_9 I don't necessarily agree with my boyfriend that being gay is something you're born with but I do think it's something you cannot change once it happens. It's like losing a li'mb, if you insist on thinking of it as so negative. So how many of you think cripples are wrong?

Ouch. Go you though, Chloe. :) And thank you, Enth. :) I haven't finished the convo, but yeah... this nation is for all people, no matter whether black, white, crippled, or homosexual. Deal with it or move to Iraq and oppress your women.

I must say I have lost a lot of respect towards this site over this thread. Not that any of you care since I'm not a very active member. But it really does surprise me how narrowminded and judgmental people can be. I guess I have to remember that most people here are younger than me. With age comes wisdom, one can only hope. If being hit on by gay people is the worst problem you'll face in your life then consider yourself lucky. No one is forcing you to have gay sex.
I hope god can forgive you all.

When was this convo and where is Plume? I want to give hi'm lovin'. ^_^ But sad how the response was "calm down or it'll get closed-" you didn't have more to say to it?

#6 Chloe

Chloe
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:25 PM

I truly think that homosexuals are def. discri'minated against....but I believe that as we grow and mature as a culture, soon nobody will care who people love...much like we have come to our sences on race and how thats no biggie either, all in ti'me, I hope anyway....acceptance just has to happen

#7 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:27 PM

Precisely, Chloe. ^_^ I'm really happy the bans didn't go past on the national level. If they can't get it accepted early in the changes towards tolerance, it will never be accepted. I give it fifty to seventy years, though, before gays are fully accepted. *scratches elbow and shrugs*

#8 Chloe

Chloe
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:34 PM

well, theyre already kinda makin some progress.......black people have long been accepted as being much better dancers and having a lot more rythm then the white folk...ppl wanted their language and theyre booties.......now, gays are looked to as snazzy dressers and everybody wants to look and dress like them

#9 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 09:38 PM

... *falls over laughing* I guess it is a start.

Gays were very much accepted as a part of society until about the end of the 20s. Peculiar that tolerance should work backwards like that.

I'm being such a CENSORED tonight... *rubs eyes* See yall later, I'm tired. Lubbs.

#10 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2004 - 01:18 AM

Homosexuailty is a sin in the bible, meaning you should not get married in a christian church? Maye they can get married somewhere else, and I'm just saying, it is againts human nature. The only point of human being's existance is for us to reproduce and die. As homosexuals cannot do that, they are againts human nature. I personally don't care what sexuality you are, infact some of my freinds are gay.

#11 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 09:36 AM

:p If you really think that, then why aren't you making babies and fulfilling the meaning of life right now? Being on the computer is just as wasteful as homosexuality.

I don't think life is so si'mple as that. Of course I don't know the meaning, but I think a part of it has to do with love. And love is love is love is love, whether you're male or female, whoever you love.

... I'm... a chick though... :p So I like love.

Oh, and like Plume said, so is masturbation. And selling daughters into slavery (Exodus 21:7) is perfectly legal in the Bible. Oh, you can also posess slaves, just as long as they're from Canada or Mexico (Lev 25:44) Eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev 11:10), which is the same word used to describe homosexuality. How interesting.

#12 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 09:32 PM

Ahahaha, you called me another clever name. Wow. I'm I'mpressed.

"Faggot" is socially acceptable even though it is equivalent to "CENSORED," which is not . Therefore she said "the 'n' word." That was the most trivial point you could make when faced by that statement.

Look up the fricking thing I QUOTED. You'd figure if I was wrong I wouldn't list the exact place in the Bible I got it from.

Levitibecause 25:42-44
  For they [are] my servants, which I brought forth out of the land of Egypt: they shall not be sold as bondmen. 
  Thou shalt not rule over hi'm with rigour; but shalt fear thy God. 
  Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, [shall be] of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. 

Basically, you can buy slaves as long as they are from neighboring countries - in our case, Canada and Mexico. Or maybe it means atheists from Canada and Mexico... no, wait... non-Jews from Canada and Mexico...  or... anyone not from Egypt... *squint*

Well seeing as the Bible can be interpreted multiple ways, I guess we'll never know.  :unsure:

#13 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 07:07 AM

That is such a cool blurb, Trevor. It's totally true. People try to take the exact wording of flawed humans from entirely different worlds than us - which by the way has also been translated at least three ti'mes to get it into English, losing something of the truth every ti'me... and those people end up, instead of having hope and faith and being filled with love upon reading the Bible, having a feeling of hatred, feeling like they have to get back at people not believing exactly as they do - all in the name of their hateful, vengeful, unforgiving God. It's sick!

#14 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2004 - 07:44 AM

Do you think I'm all for going making babies? I'm here to stop the human reproduction rate, not increase it. Humans are a mistake through evolution, we are not meant to be here at all. Why are ani'mals here, to screw have babies then die, Unfortunatly, we were created somehow.

#15 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 07:50 AM

:D Interesting, Frizz... why are we not supposed to be here?

#16 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2004 - 07:52 AM

Evolution has meant for us to go the same way over and over, shag, sleep, eat, die. But humans kinda got in the way, and changed, we became smart, evolving past other, building etc, we wiped species out for the fun of it before we could even talk.

#17 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:08 AM

Well, that's a point, Frizz, but I still think somehow we're meant to be here.

Yeah, I'm kinda for that too... I feel so bad about it but I think that we need to si'mmer down on the whole reproduction thing. But there are ways to go about it... did you ever read Ender's Game? No one's allowed more than two children unless sanctioned by the government, and this kid Ender was requested by the government because his parents were brilliant, and he was called a third and teased all the ti'me. That's kinda weird. But like... I think it's China where they use this keen little form of birth control where they just stick something up a girl's... thingie and it lasts years like a permanent girl-condom. The woman can have it out any ti'me she wants, though. I mean, that could be helpful in many situations, you know? None of the hopelessness of having tubes tied, no need for abortion. :D

I'm also against genetic manipulation because I'm a stupid hypocrite who doesn't think much about it. I don't like plastic surgery or manipulating a baby's genes before it's born or anything like that... even if the baby's prone to cancer though I know that's horrible. It's just how I feel and I've never argued it or had it stand up against anything. I probably couldn't; it's a whi'm.

#18 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:14 AM

... *cracks up* That is the most amazing person I know of.

#19 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:25 AM

But to have everyone be absolutely perfect... :D There's just something wrong about it to me. And if we can have the child who is deaf, dumb, and blind recovered, why not the child with the below average IQ, or the one who wants longer legs or better athletic skills (because I'm sure you're not serious about it, think of the I'mplications)? And you know fetal manipulation won't wome cheap. So what happens when all the upper-class isn't just rich - they're all brilliant and strong and I'mmune to diseases? I'm not saying rich people will take over the world but middle class won't have those advantages. That's it.

Seriously, I'm not creating doomsday - :D I know that it won't be that bad, but... you know... Just that you should be proud of what your parents have passed onto  you. Even if you are a nerd, unattractive, or you can't run five seconds without getting a cramp. And to have a balance of genetics and survival of the fittest so out of whack... I mean... geez. I don't know. I just know that like... when I have a kid, I'll be proud no matter how it turns out, because I'm proud of my genes. I won't need to change a thing, and neither does anyone else.

I love random people.

#20 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:35 AM

*shrug, smile* I'm happy not being perfect. That's about all I have to say on the issue. Like I said, it's just a whi'm, I don't have any real reasons.

#21 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:59 AM

Good point with teh KKK, Trevor. But like, that's the thing. Christians can't understand that all gay people want to do is change the legal definition - they aren't touching the spiritual definition of marriage. And they can't just live and let live - isn't that in their own Bible? *isn't sure*

... *blink* 5'5" girls with brown eyes and brown hair can be beautiful. I've got a friend named Whitney who's a knockout - an all american girl, ya know? About that height, hazel eyes, and shiny brown hair. A cute little nose (I have a big one), freckles, and big boobs - something you missed. I don't have those. :D All that. but my boyfriend says I'm a Latino's wet dream, ya know? *giggle* Petite little blonde, not much to the chest but he likes my bum... I don't know though. I don't care so much. I wish I were a redhead - copper - the shiniest hair ever, with hazel or mahogany eyes and a freckly face. 5'3" and a sli'm build but not skinny. Sporty. That's my perfect body. But I wouldn't change myself to get it. I hate my nose but I wouldn't even change that.

#22 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 09:01 AM

hey I'm in there cool

edit: sorry about bein offtopic

Edited by Master Shake, 29 August 2004 - 09:02 AM.

#23 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2004 - 09:05 AM

I think the KKK should be able to do what they want openly, just because some people don't agree with it, you're gonna shut their religion down? Predujice or what. Seriously, as long as you don't pyshically hurt anyone, I can't see a problem.

#24 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 09:08 AM

It's not a religion. And I took it as, since the KKK can openly express their views of hate (as can Southern Baptists,  but I repeat myself), then homosexuals, which infringe upon no religion except when the religion has to butt in, and don't really bother anyone or preach against them, should be allowed to do what they want to according to the law.

#25 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2004 - 09:30 AM

I belive a religion is where a bunch of people belive in one belief and follow it strictly. The law will never make neo-nazisi'm or the KK a religion because it isn't kid freindly basically.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users