Rememebr this?!?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#26 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 10:31 AM

I have ideas not beliefs beliefs are harder to change than ideas

what if somebody showed up one day and proved everything you believed in to be wrong

#27 LuGiA

LuGiA
  • 855 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 10:32 AM

Not perfect, but your a lot closer than the rest of us...
Most girls idolize a petite frame, blonde hair, and white smile...(Hopefully you earn that by brushing your teeth... if not, I take back the not perfect thing XD)
Most girls are 5'5"ish, brown hair, brown eyes, and envious of people like you.
Its really a little hard for you to get perspective from my point on this, and no, I'm not insulting you on that, its just hard understanding others' view points when you were placed in a diff. situation.

I also just realized something:
Who says a marriage is only allowed to be given by the Christian church?
No.
Therefore, because the Christian Church doesn't direct marriages, and if the gays/lesbians aren't Christians, then the Christian church has no reason to harass the gays over it because it quite si'mply doesn't involve them.

Here's something I'm going to rant, so all of you stfu for the next minute.
The KuKluxKlan can have open ceremonies burning crosses, using racist names, etc, in PUBLIC.
Yes, thats right, PUBLIC.
They are allowed to openly demonstrate their hate, racism, and bigotry to all non-white non-christian Americans.
Is that right?
No.
Does it happen?
yes.
You guys are all talking about how things are wrong, and shouldn't be happening...
well, heres something for you.
IT STILL HAPPENS.
The christian church is not the commander of marriages... if your god is, then why doesn't he come down and zap every gay/lesbian in the world, and then be done with it.
Ok.
I say I make a religion for Gays, which would be mono-theistic, which would use a slightly modified version of the bible, which, technically speaking, could permit gay marriages.
I win.
You lose.
Gameover.

Sounds fun,  :unsure: Do it ill look for your name in the world news.  :S

#28 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 11:01 AM

the kkk shouldn't be a religon any more than me inventing a religon where I killed your family members

#29 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 11:14 AM

just tryin to make a point but you have won

congratulations my son

#30 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 03:20 PM

I have ideas not beliefs beliefs are harder to change than ideas

what if somebody showed up one day and proved everything you believed in to be wrong

:o Nice quoting Dogma directly.

uh why shouldnt the KKK be able to be racist and show their hate in public? can you not go outside and say you are not a christian? no why cant they go and say they hate CENSOREDs and fags? and jillian quit being so I'mmature......

oh yeah and frizz I agree humans should never have existed... :o and the KKK wont be a religion because it isnt kid friendly... kinda bullshit if you ask me... :p

First off, netbus, explain that entire first paragraph; it's totally illegible.

Secondly, quote any instance in this thread where I have been I'mmature.

*beats Ali* You are pretty and so are freckles so THERE.

#31 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 06:17 PM

Fine, sound like you don't know what you're talking about. It would just be easier to act mature, I feel. People would respect you more.

Also, try reading the things other people say. I feel I've made some pretty valid points in this thread but you haven't even bothered to acknowledge them. Live up to being a caucasian male, or whatever you feel makes you better than me.

Here is the EXACT, unedited quote of definition #1 from Merriam-Webster Online.

Main Entry: mar·riage
Pronunciation: 'mer-ij, 'ma-rij
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English mariage, from Anglo-French, from marier to marry
1 a (1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage> b : the mutual relation of married persons : WEDLOCK c : the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage

source: http://www.m-w.com/c...ary&va=marriage

#32 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 07:05 PM

*takes a bow* :roxsox:

#33 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:21 PM

It is the definition of marriage. It's one meaning of the word marriage.

I don't act like I'm better than you, I act like you're not retorting to any of my valid points, therefore, your views are just shot down. It just seems silly to me to not want to face up to your opinions and to show why you feel the way you do. If you can't do that then people know you make no sense.

But if you want to end it like this, I'm fine with it.

#34 Guest_masterdeath01_*

Guest_masterdeath01_*

Posted 06 September 2004 - 11:35 PM

Jillian, you're MY new best friend, lol.  :)

Excellent responses to stupid points...  :)

#35 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2004 - 01:01 AM

Jillian, you're MY new best friend, lol.  :)

Excellent responses to stupid points...  :)

Please don't call these points stupid, most of these are opinons, and opions are always right (to whoever's opinon) and everyone is entitled to it.

#36 Guest_GonePostal_*

Guest_GonePostal_*

Posted 07 September 2004 - 01:01 AM

Who gives a rats a** what other people do as long as it does Not involve me.I have seen this argument in more places than I care to count and one thing remains the same..... those against gay marriage quote the bible. I mean honestly the bible has passed through so many hands in the translation from aramaic(the hebrew language is a form of aramaic) and greek and each ti'me that it is translated it loses some of the meaning (as previously mentioned). Also each translator adding/subtracting whatever didn't fit with their veiws or whatever the church felt was too racy or  undermined the churchs authority.The point is that with so much tampering the bible is a unreliable basis for this argument.

Edited by Uglylilspud, 07 September 2004 - 08:37 AM.

#37 lucashoal

lucashoal
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:53 PM

*twitch* this argument should have been over even before it started....The only reason why Same-sex marriage may not be allowed would be because of religious people trying to get laws in...when church & state shouldbe separate. I know that whole thing is for the state to not establish a religion....but it should apply to law to ><;.

And IFsmae-sex marriage somehow becomes...not legal. I'm moving to another country with my boyfriend...

#38 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 01:04 PM

Ok... This is not leading in a right direction.. I dont think religion speaking is allowed anyways... Topic closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users