• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:47 PM

Oh, it seems pretty easy. I just got it up and running a little while ago. Maybe 3-4 hours. I got the internet to work with a minor bit of fidgeting. It confused me because some of the hardware on my laptop, namely my wireless switch, was obviously tied to software running on windows. I have signal right now, and my connection strength is top notch, but the wireless switch says I don't even have a local connection.

Its funny, it just makes you realize how many things are proprietary.

Anyway, I have the internet to work, and I'm getting used to running things through the top bar. And I haven't had to venture into the comand line yet. That'll be fun.

#27 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

You can move the bar to the bottom if you want. tongue.gif It makes things feel more familiar.

#28 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:06 AM

Alright, just some compatibility issues. I'm trying to install Adobe Flash so I can watch my youtube videos, and it keeps throwing an error.

CODE
patrick@Patrick-laptop:~$ /home/patrick/Desktop/install_flash_player_9_linux/flashplayer-installer

ERROR: Your architecture, \'x86_64\', is not supported by the
       Adobe Flash Player installer.

What the hell can I do about this? The only option for linux they have is x86.

Also, for some websites (mainly neocodex actually) the font on the site is not what it used to be. I tried changing the firefox font, but I get no change. halp?

#29 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:22 AM

Can't you just go to the Flash Player website in firefox and it'll install itself? blink.gif I don't remember installing it manually like that.

#30 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (Laser Wave @ Jul 24 2008, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't you just go to the Flash Player website in firefox and it'll install itself? blink.gif I don't remember installing it manually like that.

No, all the links are to a download. Firefox won't install it, but it wants it to view any videos.

#31 SonicDust187

SonicDust187
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:12 PM

Hey guys, I am new to the Linux world. I have tried about 5 different versions and I was only able to connect online with PClinuxos 2007 and backtrack 3. After using PCLINUXOS for a few months, I switched to Backtrack 3 about 2 weeks ago and havent looked back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users