Quantcast

Photo

Mikie's Guide to Guilds (Teh In-Depth Look)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vincent Valentine

Vincent Valentine
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:03 AM

Mikie's Guide to Guilds
Written By : Mikie (NeoCodex)

Are you looking to run a successful guild? Well your boi Mikie is here is to help with step-by-step steps to get you through the whole process, starting from when you create the guild, to when it goes private!

Before we start, you going to need this requirements :
- Patience (A lot of it, don't think you can accomplish this in 1 or 2 days)
- Time (It takes some time, but at the end it pays off)
- Activeness (A guild is required that the leader is most active)
- Respect (Without this people who join will just leave)
- 100,000Np (Or close to that)
- Legitness - If your gonna do illegit shit and get frozen, them you shouldn't start a guild
- Well aged account (A newbie, 1 week, 1 month account is really smart, because people will just think you want to keep all the guild donations, prizes, etc. )

I. Before Creation
Id recommend starting off by finding a partner. Someone who has the same qualities as i listed above! If you already have someone in mind such as a neofriend, a real friend, or someone from here NeoCodex, who you can trust then id recommend that! Or go on the neoboards put up a board saying "Guildless (Looking for a partner to start a new guild)" or something on that lines! If no success, neomail people who are guildless and ask them if they want to join with you and make a guild! After finally finding the right person, both of you should decide on the type of guild it should be!

E.g :
Celebrity
Neopets
Battledome
Animals
Country

Or if you guys have your own idea, you can use that! After that decide on a name! If you looking for a plain name such as "NeoAddiction" you can do that, or if you want to pimp it up, here's two resources :

ƃu!ʇ!ɹʍ ɹnoʎ d!Ⴈɟ
http://www.sherv.net/flip.html

Čőőĺ Ŵŗįţįńğ
http://www.tutoriale...smsn/nicks.html

II. Creation Of Guild
After you completed "Part I" it's time to create your guild! Choose whether your partner or you create it, it doesn't really matter! Okay so go here to start creating you guild! It's pretty straight forward, here's a mini - guide:

Choose Neighbourhood : Choose one of them (Doesn't matter much)
Desired Guild Name : Whatever you and your partner decided on
Guild Description : Sumthing about you guild (Make it ctachy)
Guild Welcome Message : Doesn't matter for now
Will this be a private guild : No for now
Preset Colour Schemes : Doesn't matter for now
Guild Council 1 : Either default is good, or you can change it if u wish

I
II. Customizing You Guild
After you completed "Part II" it's time to customize your guild, meaning add some color and a layout! Well start off with a layout! Either you can make or find one! Id recommend making one or finding someone to make one! You can rarely fin someone on the neoboards, so i recommend trying a Neopets Graphic's site and requesting one or just asking someone here on NeoCodex! Here's some good premade graphics sites :

The Graphic Bin
Royaladybug
Sunnyneo
Neo-Love
Neohound
Neotacular
Neoextreme
How To Make Your Own Guild Layout

After you've gotten the code of your premade or custom layout, goto "Guild Layout > Modify Guild Preferences" and then enter your code under the "Welcome Message" box! And when you're there choose some matching colors with your layout! You won't like your choice most of the time, so play around with the colors to see what you can get! Also you'll need a guild avatar! It usually comes with the premade ones but for a custom one you made, you'll have to make one your self, and to upload it goto "Guild Layout > Upload/Change Guild Logo"

IV. Guild Links
After you completed "Part III", it's time to add some guild links! Well start off with a donation shop! This is not against the rules! Just basically put some junk in your shop priced at 1000np-10,000np, and tell the people if you want to donate to your guild they should buy from there! And all the money that's been donated you can use for guild purposes such as a auctions, free trades, or maybe if you save up enough the Secret Laboratory Map pieces so you can start a adoption center! Next you'll need some activities of some sort! So use on of your petpages to make your activities, remember they can't be against the rules like contest, raffles, etc. 1np auctions is a must need for any guild, this helps advertise and keep your members! Basically tell everyone in your guild to nf you and put the item(s) up for 1np and only for nfs. Something that helps alot of people are what your lending! So you should lend some avatar items and pets! You or other people in your guild! Lastly also important is a guild webbie, either on-site or off-site is good! This just contains all the extra info your homepage can't hold! Just incase your too lazy too read all this, here's a brief recap of what guild links you need :
Donation Shop
Activities
1np Auction
Lending Services
Webbie

And these are extra :
Adoption Agency
Newbie Packs
MOTM (Member of the Month)
MOTW (Member of the Week)
Hospital
Petpet Adoption
Newspaper
Graphics Page
Guild Mall

V. Advertising
After you completed "Part IV", it's time to move onto the hardest process of them all. . . ADVERTISING! This is where your patience comes in! Don't think by just advertising all of the guild boards, 20 people may be joining! There are different ways as to advertising! One of them would be to get a Neoboard Spammer and send out your guild message! You don't know what your guild message is? Here's a good example :
Godrics Hollow
Brand new, semi-literate Harry Potter guild. We have:
a Webbie
Activities
Open council positions
Guild Mall
Classes
Open teaching spots
Roleplaying Forum being worked on
And much more!
http://www.neopets.c...phtml?id=626674

So basically you have your guild name first, then what you guild has to offer, and finally the link to your guild! Another way of advertising, and this is only if you have the 100k, buy 3-5 different petpet pb, and codestones and whatever else you can afford! Put them up for auctions, but put it for nf only and the price to 1np! You'll get alot of nf requests, just tell them to join the guild and stay active for a week and you can participate in the auctions! If you a cheap person like me, the next week ill just put up 1000np items! The last technique is if you already have some members, preferbly 10+, and as a guild, set one of the days to advertising, let's say Monday, and on Monday everyone would go and advertise!

VI. Leechers/Noobs
After you completed "Part V", it's time to annihilate the leechers and noobs! Basically these are people who join the guild to get free stuff! After they get something good, they leave! There inactive and unhelpful, but still participating in the auctions! What should you do? If you were nice id give them a week to change, after that id just kick them out of the guild, and if you just didn't really care, give them the boot on the spot! Not all leechers and noobs are necessarily under aged accounts! Ive seen a 56 month account leech on one of my guilds!

VII. Council Spots
After you completed "Part VI", you'll have to decide on who should be on the council! Basically the council of the guild are like the admins/mods of NeoCodex. They have to be reliable/active people! When i'm choosing the council spots for my guild, this is usually what i do :
1. Obviously Me
2. This should be your partner
3. Graphics Person (Usually)
4. Advertising Person/Activities Person
5. Super Active Person (To look after guild when your not on)
That's usually how i choose my council, and as soon as they start slacking off, they off the council and ill decide to choose a new person!

VIII. Maintaining/Running your Guild
After you completed "Part VII", ill show you how to keep your guild running for a few days! YOU should never slack off, or your guild will too! Meaning you should remember to update the activities, put up new 1np auctions after the first one is done, and further more being active and chatting on the message board! You should also do something big every week to bring the whole guild together like a Bash or something! You need to keep your guild clean . . . meaning deleting any spam on the boards or updating the news daily!

IX. Going Private?
After you completed "Part VIII" and have around 30-50 happy and active members, you have a choice to make either to go private or not! Going private means your guild cannot be seen by non-members and they cannot join either! Private lets your guild talk among themselves, without others seeing, you can have your own chats and more! Many of the popular and active guilds are private, but id only recommend going private after you get 30-50 active members, and at least 1000-2000 messages! This doesn't mean you still can't have more members, it's just they have to get an invite to join! And not going private, will give you too many members, which is good kinda, but then you have alot of n00bs, leechers, non-active people, and there's just too much work! Example : The Friendly Village!

HOPE YOU AND YOUR GUILD ARE SUCCESSFUL

Edited by Mikie, 06 August 2008 - 05:27 AM.

#2 Chew

Chew
  • 6307 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:18 AM

looks really good and very detailed. I would suggest checking your spelling a little smile.gif

#3 Daniel#1

Daniel#1
  • 550 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:56 PM

Great guide, very detailed.

#4 iceberg2477

iceberg2477
  • 353 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:34 PM

nice guide.. im almost tempted to start one of my own

#5 Myzt

Myzt
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:40 PM

Nice guide man.  Can't believe some peeps need a guide for that, though, lol.

#6 sealonfire

sealonfire
  • 523 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

I really want to start a guild but I'm too lazy to organise stuff. It's always better to form a guild with your friends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users