Quantcast

Photo

Is animal testing on products good or bad???

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#126 MiladyM

MiladyM
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:04 AM

Ya I agree. Chopping off a cow's head and skinning it when its alive with the blood all spraying out while its struggling is not mean!!! But testing on it is :(

makes me wonder where youre from :S

#127 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:51 PM

I thought it's okay to test on pest like rats.

#128 Gee

Gee
  • 498 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

Even rats I do not agree with testing. I don't want to get into a political discussion about it but I really dislike it when humans harm animals. Even ugly shits like rats unfortunately.

#129 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:21 AM

Even rats I do not agree with testing. I don't want to get into a political discussion about it but I really dislike it when humans harm animals. Even ugly shits like rats unfortunately.

So you'd either rather medicines are tested on humans, or you'd prefer untested meds?
You're the epitome of sense.

#130 Philj16

Philj16
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:25 AM

I rather they were tested on animals tbh , as least that way another human life is killed off :(

I agree sweeney , would people prefer untested products? which could have serious affect on others, there no other way tbh you could test them, other than animals or on humans :)

Edited by Philj16, 13 September 2010 - 10:55 AM.

#131 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:22 AM

So you'd either rather medicines are tested on humans, or you'd prefer untested meds?
You're the epitome of sense.

Why not test on humans? It means the results are directly comparable unlike if you tests on rodents.

"Ahh this rat ate some more cheese than the other rats, therefore all humans will eat more cheese than rats"

#132 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:57 AM

Why not test on humans? It means the results are directly comparable unlike if you tests on rodents.

"Ahh this rat ate some more cheese than the other rats, therefore all humans will eat more cheese than rats"

Because rats have a shorter lifespan, a shorter reproductive cycle, a simpler brain, a larger population, a smaller body size, a lower dietary requirement, a smaller space requirement and oh yeah, no sentience.

Being intentionally dense is unbecoming.

#133 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

I rather they were tested on animals tbh , as least that way another human life is killed off :(

I agree sweeney , would people prefer untested products? which could have serious affect on others, there no other way tbh you could test them, other than on animals or on humans :)

People always say they dont like animal testing.
Yet I dont see them volunteering to be tested on.
If you are so hell bent against animal testing, go take their place.

Edited by WakaWaka, 12 September 2010 - 02:47 PM.

#134 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:06 AM

It really depends on who's in power now. After given alternatives, humans will not sacrifice their own kind no matter what. If rats are in power, they might sacrifice us. And who knows, maybe in years time when Aliens begin their reign they might sacrifice humans as test subjects :shrugs

#135 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:11 AM

It really depends on who's in power now. After given alternatives, humans will not sacrifice their own kind no matter what. If rats are in power, they might sacrifice us. And who knows, maybe in years time when Aliens begin their reign they might sacrifice humans as test subjects :shrugs

Argument is null, we'll all be dead in 2012

:p

#136 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:14 AM

^ Noooooo. Stop being so pessimistic lol Posted Image

#137 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

"if rats are in power"?
I don't know what you're smoking, but I hope the comedown isn't too hard.

There's no real reason an alien race would need to test on humans, outside of purely investigative purposes. Chances are, a spacefaring race is going to be advanced enough to have progressed way past physiological medicine testing in the first place, and even if they hadn't, there would be so little similarity between our evolutionary history, and our genetic makeup, as to render us totally useless as test subjects.

#138 flashraven

flashraven
  • 552 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

By that I was just stating an example. Must be the result of non-fiction overdose :)

Edited by flashraven, 13 September 2010 - 10:29 AM.

#139 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:34 AM

By that I was just stating an example. Must be the result of non-fiction overdose :)

An example of what? How to contribute nothing to a discussion?

#140 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:34 AM

If you are so hell bent against animal testing, go take their place.

That. Plus I think anthropomorphizing is just darn bullshit if anyone plans on arguing that.

#141 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:58 AM

Because rats have a shorter lifespan, a shorter reproductive cycle, a simpler brain, a larger population, a smaller body size, a lower dietary requirement, a smaller space requirement and oh yeah, no sentience.

Being intentionally dense is unbecoming.

Then why can't we just test on Indian thens? Same difference.

#142 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:07 AM

Too brown.

#143 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:12 AM

How dare you.
Posted Image

Injuns are people too. Proud people in moccasins made from the skin of lab rats.

#144 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:30 AM

How dare you.
Posted Image

Injuns are people too. Proud people in moccasins made from the skin of lab rats.

Wrong indian.

#145 iloveorange

iloveorange
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:38 PM

It in my opinion it's good, because I consider humans to be dominant over animals. Would you rather an animal try a new medicine and die, or your grandma?

#146 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:43 PM

It in my opinion it's good, because I consider humans to be dominant over animals. Would you rather an animal try a new medicine and die, or your grandma?

Your conclusion may be accurate, but your reasoning is offensively flawed.

#147 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

I can hear the squirrels sharpening their knives.

#148 Naded

Naded
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

Its all in the individuals point of view. From a philosophical view, humans have almost always been considered being on top of animals. This started from the first page of the bible where it explains how God created the earth and so on, it says that God created humans that resembled to Him. This ideology being the fundament of christianity has been dominant for centuries and has been going downwards ever since Galileo Galilei proved that the earth was going around the sun and not the other way around. This was the beginning of a decline of anthropocentrism.

So to sum it up, religion has had is still has (to a certain degree) a pretentious view of the humans being the kings of the earth... When really we are just a very lucky outcome of millions of years of evolution.

To be honest I am neutral on this subject, yes it has it positive effects and can ultimately save human lives, but I don't think that its any better to test on animals. We are the specie that is ruining this earth, at the cost of all living beings.

#149 iloveorange

iloveorange
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:09 PM

I was in no way trying to be offensive, not to you, or animals. : ) I was just trying to give a good example of why I feel the way I do.

#150 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 October 2010 - 03:28 AM

I was in no way trying to be offensive, not to you, or animals. : ) I was just trying to give a good example of why I feel the way I do.

You failed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users