#53 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (warley30 @ Jan 30 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow

Usually one word posts that don't pertain to the topic are frowned upon. In the future, try to post a bit more. Usually a sentence will do tongue.gif

#54 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Athean @ Jan 30 2009, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look dude, I was a god-praising fag basher until about '02 or '03, and 7 some odd years later all of my friends are gay. That part of their lives I couldn't give two shits about because theyre my friends and i wouldnt be alive with out them.

Lets assume homosexuality is a choice or an acquired taste or some bullshit like that. Even in that case, are you gonna let a bro down because he fucks guys? That's kinda fucked up to disown a friend over something so minor as a technicality as to who sucks your prick. Either way, you need to get release and get laid, so who gives a shit if your friend likes it a bit differently? I'm sure if it were a lesbian you wouldn't give a shit but she has just as much right to disown you for having a dick and "thats just awkward, talking to someone with different equiment from what i like."

You friends really all turned out gay? Don't know what to say to that.

I agree with you here disowning friends like that, but it just wouldn't feel right. I never hear about gay guys have straight male friends, usually only chicks. So I don't understand why I'm the basher here, it's just a common sterotype that I sadly live up to. Like I said in my first post, I have nothing wrong with them, I just wouldn't want gay people as friends.

My whole friendship life is based around joking around and shit, we're never serious especially when we're getting wasted and fucked out of our minds. I couldn't tell if someone was being serious about being gay or not.

#55 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

Gay guys have straight friends all the time. It's about as common as a male having female friends or females having male friends. Honestly, that's all there is to it tongue.gif Think of a gay male as a female friend. There's a chance that he may end up having a crush on you, but it's as likely as a female having a crush on you. No idea the odds on that one. Every single person has their own preferences on who they like or dislike and what they're attracted to. Gays are no exception.

Anyways, it's unlikely even if they had a crush on you they would even admit it. Honestly, even in this day and age gays are scared to death to come out of the closet especially to their friends of the same sex because they're afraid of everyone rejecting them. It's really kinda sad. You might be afraid to have a guy hit on you, but honestly I wouldn't spread that opinion around. All it does is create more fear of coming out of the closet, you know?

#56 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Kitsune @ Jan 31 2009, 04:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why preach to the converted? Little redundant don't you think?

You just summed up the debate forum.

#57 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Jan 31 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You just summed up the debate forum.

People would rather be confirmed by their own opinions than to truly realize the power of truth. They tend to think its about rhetoric because truth is never ending, but who's to say you make no progress or enjoyment finding it? It's not a virtuous or noble thing as much as it is a really deeply enticing thing, that can't be understood without gray areas but it gets closer to black and white every day. I love being wrong for that reason, but that's a kinky, socratic kind of thing, not really meant for the colloqiual folk who just wants to fuck in the missionary position every other night.

#58 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (Athean @ Feb 2 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People would rather be confirmed by their own opinions than to truly realize the power of truth. They tend to think its about rhetoric because truth is never ending, but who's to say you make no progress or enjoyment finding it? It's not a virtuous or noble thing as much as it is a really deeply enticing thing, that can't be understood without gray areas but it gets closer to black and white every day. I love being wrong for that reason, but that's a kinky, socratic kind of thing, not really meant for the colloqiual folk who just wants to fuck in the missionary position every other night.

Lol kinky socrates. The search for truth has been called many things, but thats the first time I believe I've heard it called kinky.

#59 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (Athean @ Feb 3 2009, 04:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure you're not a politican? Because they are the only type of people who can talk for hours without actually saying anything.

#60 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Feb 4 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you sure you're not a politican? Because they are the only type of people who can talk for hours without actually saying anything.

Nah, otherwise i woulda said missionary position is really good.

I think you've got it wrong though. Philosophers talk for hours and say jack shit. Politicians say everything (to accomodate their sycophantic bullshit) and do jack shit. And unlike politicians, philosophers eventually stumble upon a good enough answer for it to become a science, so all the shit talk does end up being worth something in the long run.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 30 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You friends really all turned out gay? Don't know what to say to that.

I agree with you here disowning friends like that, but it just wouldn't feel right. I never hear about gay guys have straight male friends, usually only chicks. So I don't understand why I'm the basher here, it's just a common sterotype that I sadly live up to. Like I said in my first post, I have nothing wrong with them, I just wouldn't want gay people as friends.

My whole friendship life is based around joking around and shit, we're never serious especially when we're getting wasted and fucked out of our minds. I couldn't tell if someone was being serious about being gay or not.

So it's a standard of society. That's cool, but you seem like a bright guy, bright enough you could live above that kind of shit. That's really all I'm saying.

Edited by Athean, 07 February 2009 - 02:15 AM.

#61 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (pyke @ Jan 30 2009, 03:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How the hell do you hit your friends in the balls? (At least by accident)

I used to go to an all boys school and the lads used to do this thing called a 'Ball Riser'.

The idea being that when you least expected it one of your friends (or even a random person) would flick their hand into your nuts giving you one of those horrible stomach aches. It was eventually toned down into just pretending to hit you in the balls but it still made you do the instinctive curl into the 'upright fetal position'.

@ Jake. It seems to me that you are a little insecure in regards to your own sexuality. I used to play on my college football team and there were two openly gay guys on the team....granted, it was a little uncomfortable at first but I got used to it. Except for when one of the gay guys used to pull his shorts down and run around the changing rooms with his cock between his legs (silence of the lambs, buffalo bill style)....that again was a little uncomfortable but it was damn funny and we all had a laugh about it afterwards.

We used to make jokes about keeping our backs to the wall etc but it was all a way of the straight guys being comfortable with it and the two gay guys were never offended.

What you need to remember buddy is a gay guy is probably just as uncomfortable as you initially because he is (possibly) afraid of what people like you are thinking.

#62 Amour

Amour
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:14 PM

I think you're very shallow Jake. If you take enough time out of your day to be bothered by someone's sexual preference then your life doesn't have very much depth.

#63 brandonxan

brandonxan
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:18 PM

NO ONE ever, ever "chose" to be gay.
Yeah people choose to actually do gay actions, but people don't choose to have gay attraction.
If people chose to be gay then you straight people can choose to be gay too, right?
Of course you can't.

#64 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (brandonxan @ Apr 8 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NO ONE ever, ever "chose" to be gay.
Yeah people choose to actually do gay actions, but people don't choose to have gay attraction.
If people chose to be gay then you straight people can choose to be gay too, right?
Of course you can't.

If it's not a choice then it's either a biological, chemical or psychological reaction or innate ability that separates homosexuals and straight people. This hasn't been defined yet so which leads to the rational option dictated by science that homosexuality is a choice.

#65 brandonxan

brandonxan
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 8 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it's not a choice then it's either a biological, chemical or psychological reaction or innate ability that separates homosexuals and straight people. This hasn't been defined yet so which leads to the rational option dictated by science that homosexuality is a choice.

Like I said, if it's a choice then let's see you turn yourself gay. Can you force yourself to have sexual desires for the same sex if you don't already?

#66 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (brandonxan @ Apr 9 2009, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like I said, if it's a choice then let's see you turn yourself gay. Can you force yourself to have sexual desires for the same sex if you don't already?

I chose christianity over any other religion, I could do the same with homosexuality. If you force yourself to do something over and over, or grow up with something like that, you eventually learn to tolerate and even enjoy it, kinda like stockholm syndrome.

#67 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 10 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I chose christianity over any other religion, I could do the same with homosexuality. If you force yourself to do something over and over, or grow up with something like that, you eventually learn to tolerate and even enjoy it, kinda like stockholm syndrome.

Just because stockholm syndrome exists, doesn't mean it applies to gays. Really, I thought it was pretty much accepted that homosexuality isn't a choice. I mean sure, I always have the choice to be gay if i want to, because I live in a free society. But homosexuality exists in all cultures, regardless of if it is approved or not. Iran and Israel each have homosexual populations, whether or not they are open about it. I wouldn't be open about it in a place where I'd be stoned for it. You can't say that gays in Iran are suffering from stockholm syndrome, because they're actually persecuted for their tendencies.

Also, I know its been brought up before (ad nauseum) but the ancient peoples, especially the greeks, were very open with homosexuality. It wasn't considered a choice, but rather an innate definition of a person, like hair color or penis size. No persecution for being boy lovers in Athens.

#68 brandonxan

brandonxan
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 10 2009, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are completely confusing the issue.
Sexual attraction is completely different from a conscious decision to do something.
You can choose whether or not to fuck someone, yes. But you cannot choose who you WANT to fuck.
It's like going on a diet. You'll get hungry and no matter how much you tell yourself you're not going to eat, and no matter how much you DON'T eat, the craving will still be there.
You don't choose to desire the opposite sex: you just do.
I didn't choose to desire the same sex as me: I just do.
If we all "choose" our sexual desires then you're saying I can create a sexual desire for anything? I can make myself sexually attracted to...deer?

#69 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:16 PM

So where's your genetics or scientific proof to back up your claim?

I mean straight people are normal, we follow the sexual and biological path we were designed to do. Reproduction is the key perseverance of our race and therefore is essential in evolution. As homosexuality is a deviant from this form we must deride that is either a cancer-like disease that on a large scale would eventually do serious to the human race. Luckily as it is low-scale provides little threat and no harm.

What am I saying is, homosexuality is a choice unless you can prove otherwise.

#70 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 11 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I mean straight people are normal, we follow the sexual and biological path we were designed to do. Reproduction is the key perseverance of our race and therefore is essential in evolution. As homosexuality is a deviant from this form we must deride that is either a cancer-like disease that on a large scale would eventually do serious to the human race. Luckily as it is low-scale provides little threat and no harm.

Reproduction from every member of the race isn't necessary for the race to continue. Until there are no more strait people in the world, we'll still have someone to make the next generation. Your argument is one of extremes. If everyone were gay, we would cease to exist as a species, you are correct. But everyone isn't gay. You and I aren't.

Scientific proof isn't necessary if you can't put up a good argument.

#71 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (redlion @ Apr 12 2009, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reproduction from every member of the race isn't necessary for the race to continue. Until there are no more strait people in the world, we'll still have someone to make the next generation. Your argument is one of extremes. If everyone were gay, we would cease to exist as a species, you are correct. But everyone isn't gay. You and I aren't.

Scientific proof isn't necessary if you can't put up a good argument.

I pointed that out in my post. Re-read it.

#72 Ives

Ives
  • 4320 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:51 PM

Brandon, the catholics have stated for years homosexuality is not a choice, it is a test of God which should not be acted upon. Now, take into that idea without the dogma, suggesting it is something which is not productive for society. How do you respond to that? Where does the argument fail?

Edited by Athean, 11 April 2009 - 06:51 PM.

#73 brandonxan

brandonxan
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 11 2009, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Again, you are confused as to what the issue at hand is.
You deciding to go fuck your neighbor is your choice. Me deciding to go fuck my neighbor is a conscious choice.
HOWEVER what is NOT a choice is WHO you are sexually attracted to.
There need not be any scientific proof of statistics or numbers to back that up.
Do you make a conscious decision to have a crush on someone? NO.
Hell if that was a choice no one would long for people they couldn't have.
It all boils down the the very rudimentary fact that no one decides who they have sexual desire for.

Edited by brandonxan, 12 April 2009 - 01:31 PM.

#74 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:19 AM

What are you basing it on then? The ideas that you get when you dress up in women's clothing?

Seriously, you're just rambling now.

#75 brandonxan

brandonxan
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 13 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What are you basing it on then? The ideas that you get when you dress up in women's clothing?

Seriously, you're just rambling now.

Ok I'll try to break it down as simple as possible for you since you're running into trouble trying to understand it.
First of all this isn't a debate of whether or not it's moral, or acceptable, etc. You don't know if I think it's moral or not.
This is just explaining that gay or bi people do not choose to be attracted to someone.

Tell me one occasion where you consciously made a decision to feel attraction, or passion or lust for someone.
You decide what to wear, you decide what to watch on t.v., you decide what to eat for dinner.
You choose who you fuck, but you never get to decide who you WANT to fuck.

P.S. I don't dress up in girl clothes lol...that's like people who say they were born the wrong sex or something. You don't have to just throw out random insults when you can't come up with a profound argument tongue.gif

Edited by brandonxan, 13 April 2009 - 09:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users