Photo

December 21, 2012

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#26 iceberg2477

iceberg2477
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:21 PM

i dont really believe in this but it is really interesting. i wonder what will happen... maybe aliens will come back and do stuff. lol.

#27 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:17 PM

I hope something amazing and surreal happens. That would definitely make my day; to see aliens or some shit like that...

#28 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (iceberg2477 @ May 8 2009, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe aliens will come back

haha prove it there is aliens here befores dumboss!!

enivei i think this is bullshit how can mayens make up date like that if they just ancent civ wit no computers n stuff dey just sum random mexicans wit lots of golds

#29 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:37 AM

chief cyo, triumvir of the common sense conglomerate

#30 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:57 AM

this is all bullshit and if you honestly believe in it you are an idiot

#31 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:23 AM

After watching the movie it did seem a little creepy, but I don't believe it.. like someone else said, reminds me of the whole year 2000 hype for nothing.

#32 iceberg2477

iceberg2477
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Cyo @ May 11 2009, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha prove it there is aliens here befores dumboss!!

enivei i think this is bullshit how can mayens make up date like that if they just ancent civ wit no computers n stuff dey just sum random mexicans wit lots of golds

you really think that after all these years there aren't any aliens on earth? yea theres no proof that i can provide but if aliens could travel this far, id say they know how to blend in. there are some things in history that don't make sense and can't be explained... who knows if aliens are/were involved

#33 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (iceberg2477 @ May 12 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you really think that after all these years there aren't any aliens on earth? yea theres no proof that i can provide but if aliens could travel this far, id say they know how to blend in. there are some things in history that don't make sense and can't be explained... who knows if aliens are/were involved

Can you be more specific?

#34 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

Why does everyone assume that if there is alien life on other planets, and I'm sure there is somewhere, that they're more advanced than us to the point of spacetravel to go to other galaxies? Not only that, they'll find us and somehow find interest in landing on this planet, doing experiments and/or blending in with humans. At the same time they'll land inside the united states and participate in elaborate coverups. No, they won't land in other countries where governments do not have the capabilities to cover up an alien landing. Just ones that do.

#35 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE (Tetiel @ May 13 2009, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does everyone assume that if there is alien life on other planets, and I'm sure there is somewhere, that they're more advanced than us to the point of spacetravel to go to other galaxies? Not only that, they'll find us and somehow find interest in landing on this planet, doing experiments and/or blending in with humans. At the same time they'll land inside the united states and participate in elaborate coverups. No, they won't land in other countries where governments do not have the capabilities to cover up an alien landing. Just ones that do.

Because they're a) wishful-thinkers, and b) stupid.

#36 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (Tetiel @ May 13 2009, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But isn't assuming humans are the most advanced form of life in the universe kind of arrogant? Agree with the other shit though.

#37 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (iceberg2477 @ May 13 2009, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ur talking leik is nown fakt dat aleins have travel 2 this planet

#38 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (Sida @ May 13 2009, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But isn't assuming humans are the most advanced form of life in the universe kind of arrogant? Agree with the other shit though.

No, it's not really assuming that we are. I'm more discussing why in our culture that we always assume that aliens have the capabilities to travel through space. It's essentially the alien stereotype and I'm not sure people think that aliens could just be on the same level as we are in intelligence or even lower.

#39 Mialaca

Mialaca
  • 514 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:06 AM

What's been failed to mention already as that 1) this has happened before, quite a few times, 2) it will happen again, and finally 3) It's not a set date; the sun passes over the "line" for about 30 years. It's been passing over this "equator" since the like, 1970s.

While some disasters are associated with this "galactic alignment", (Nile receding and drying up from what it was) it's not the end all be all.

#40 MaidenOfMercy

MaidenOfMercy
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:44 PM

The world will end in 2015. Tea leaves and tarot cards told me so, and those are reliable sources.

#41 HateNeo

HateNeo
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:41 PM

i taught it was 23rd december 2012

#42 Sasha

Sasha
  • 633 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:10 PM

The world will end in 2015. Tea leaves and tarot cards told me so, and those are reliable sources.

Phew, 3 more years of playing neopets. I might make it to level 300 after all.
:p

#43 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:07 PM

Since you kinda ressurrected this topic, I was really tempted to reply

I was really interested by this theme and because of that I've been reading and searching a lot of stuff before I ended up in a forum where a history teacher explains everything about the mayan callender, he studies it for 30 years now and he's a really good teacher(I already saw him in the TV by the way, in debates)
A little bit about the mayas(is this plural right? Sorry my english sucks, if it is wrong just correct me and I'll fix) first:
"The origins of the Mayan people, which lived in middle of America(Mesoamerica), region that extends itself from Mexico to Central America, it was never preciselly determined. A few writters speak about 10 thousand years ago, while others even 70 thousand years ago(yea right ¬¬). The right thing is that the Mayan Civilization started to leave proof of it's presence more than two thousand years ago, but their come to that area probably happened around two thousand years ago.[...]Around the IV B.C Century, the mayan were already organized in cities, building pyramides and temples in stone. To survive they dedicated themselves to fishing in rivers and lakes[...] and had an intensive type of agriculture, cultivating corn. Their ceramic was evolved and they used to dress using leather and cotton.[...]" The Mayan civilization lived two different periods: The classic one, that existed until 950 A.D(The period where they made their callenders) and the Mayan-Toltec one, because they were captured by the Toltecs and their cultures mixed together.
They had at least three callenders, two followed by the people and the other one was the "Long Count", or the ciclic callender. "They divided the universe in four, in the same way there were the four cardial points. They believed to live in a fourth world, the world of men. The other three worlds that came before this ended in cataclisms,with floods, rains of fire and plagues. Then they believed that the world that was about to come, that escaped their division in four, where the number five had no place, was dangerous. And their prophecies, another important aspect in the mayan cosmology, indicated that world of the men was about to end with wars and the domination by other nations, comming from north. One of these prophecies predicted the comming of a conquerer, that would incorpore the Feathered Snake or Kukulkan. By them, Kukulkan would come back in the day 1 of the Redd month in the mayan callendar, which coincided with a holly friday(the one when Jesus died, don't know if it's spelled like this in your language, sorry) in the christian callender in 1519. This prophecy was made in the X century and was confirmed by another prophet in the XII century, who said that the snake would come in a date that coincided with the 1527 year in the christian callender. In this year the spanish explorer Cortez came to Iucatan and was recognized as being Kukulkan by the mayan-toltecs, which explains the little resistance from this people."

Damn it's a little bit long, I took most of it from the teacher, and wrote a little bit. My point is, the long count Mayan calendar has 5200 year, it was created by 3113 BC and ends on December's 21th of 2012, the beggining of the calendar is in the date when they believe that Venus was "born", and it's end is probably because of some cosmic event.
I just forgot to say about Hunabku, which the classic mayas believed it was the greater god, the biggest one, and it was the "sun" in the center of the galaxy. They also said that it sent some energy to our planet, in a very little way. And one of the facts that is going to happen in 2012 is the allignment of the milky way center, sun and earth =D
Also, one thing we just can't forget about the classic era is that they used to put wooden plates in the priests while they were only kids, which they believed it made them to have paranormal abilities, plus it left their heads like this:

Posted Image

Oh, and by the way, since the calendar is a cicle, once it ends it starts all over, so no real ending of the world, it was just a metaphore(did I write it right?) =D

---
Again, sorry for any grammar mistakes and weird stuff, I just translated a lot of words and it was kinda hard for me since the teacher used a few hard words in portuguese which I didn't know in english(so I looked over to use synonims most of times) pm me if it gets way to crazy.
Credits to Alberto Frederico Beautenmuller, History teacher who wrote a book called "2012 - The mayan calendar"

Edited by G3N3R4T10N, 14 September 2009 - 03:55 PM.

#44 yanks

yanks
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

I'd be worried, but considering the fact that I died on Y2K and 6/6/06, I can't possibly die /again/.

#45 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:15 PM

Always found this topic to be quite interesting.

I personally don't believe in the world ending at this time.

However I'm not going to fight with the people who do. It's what they believe...and they deserve to believe it :)

#46 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:18 PM

Oh noes! A winter solstice? One of those only happens... wait for it....

every year!

#47 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:42 AM

Oh noes! A winter solstice? One of those only happens... wait for it....

every year!

^^ Thats true. I don't believe in it too. But wouldnt be sad if I err.

#48 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:47 AM

Well, either it happens or it doesn't. I've been keeping track on what various well known spiritualists are saying in terms of messages from the beyond and things seem to be making sense and falling into place. They reckon it'll be like a pole shift... and I did read somewhere that confirmed every thousand years or so the earth shifts on its axis, and screws things up. As it is, the moon moves 3.2 cm away from the earth every year, so it's any wonder what could happen with this kind of gravitational force that the sun could expell when it aligns with the milky way.

I make no sense, but I suppose you gotta see it from a scientific point of view. To each their own :)

#49 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:56 AM

Well, either it happens or it doesn't. I've been keeping track on what various well known spiritualists are saying in terms of messages from the beyond and things seem to be making sense and falling into place. They reckon it'll be like a pole shift... and I did read somewhere that confirmed every thousand years or so the earth shifts on its axis, and screws things up. As it is, the moon moves 3.2 cm away from the earth every year, so it's any wonder what could happen with this kind of gravitational force that the sun could expell when it aligns with the milky way.

I make no sense, but I suppose you gotta see it from a scientific point of view. To each their own :)

But then again I guess scientists would already have figured that out and would have announced. But I heard about that pole shift and it makes sense to me.

#50 darkmagegurl

darkmagegurl
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:54 PM

According to Wikipedia, 'Maloof and Halverson found that the north pole shifted more than 50 degrees — about the current distance between Alaska and the equator — in less than 20 million years.'

In 3 years, it's going to shift so much that the world ends. :sarcasm:

I just don't buy it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users