Photo

December 21, 2012

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#101 Is30akc

Is30akc
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:55 PM

More days doesn't mean more accurate and their calender was marginally more accurate than ours

Actually it does mean more accurate, with seasons and such at least. And I was wrong, they had two calendar systems, one being 260 days more for ritualistic purposes, and the other being exactly 365 days (with no leap year). The no leap year meant in a couple centuries the seasons would no longer align with their calendar system, thus enabling it inaccurate.. hence, our system being superior.. I don't see how theirs is more accurate.

#102 vendetta.inc

vendetta.inc
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:01 PM

It's all a big joke. That's my opinion.

#103 Is30akc

Is30akc
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:03 PM

It's all a big joke. That's my opinion.

It's true, that's essentially what it all boils down to. :)

#104 queen

queen
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:39 PM

nah! i will see that movie and laugh in 2012

#105 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:42 PM

Actually it does mean more accurate, with seasons and such at least. And I was wrong, they had two calendar systems, one being 260 days more for ritualistic purposes, and the other being exactly 365 days (with no leap year). The no leap year meant in a couple centuries the seasons would no longer align with their calendar system, thus enabling it inaccurate.. hence, our system being superior.. I don't see how theirs is more accurate.

We can therefore derive a value for the Mayan estimate of the year by dividing 1,101,600 by 365, subtracting 2, and taking that number and dividing 1,101,600 by the result, which gives us an answer of 365.242036 days, which is slightly more accurate than the 365.2425 days of the Gregorian calendar.

#106 zpoy

zpoy
  • 538 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:39 PM

I really could care less what happens that day. If nothing happens then I've lost nothing. If we all die then I won't be able to care so it doesn't matter. Why does the event have to be the end of the world anyway? Why can't it just be the sun aligning with something and that being a rare yet cool event?

#107 vin

vin
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

I think there is going to be like mass suicide on that day.

Everyone is going to go crazy thinking the world is going to end, but it really won't.
So they will all just like go kill themselves or loot some stores. MASS CHAOS. O.o

#108 zenkai

zenkai
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:11 AM

i dont believe in this because i dont understand how a group of people can see into the future and say that the end of the world is going to happen. Only god can end the world that is what i believe

#109 DarkVision

DarkVision
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:36 AM

Its a made up event so they can make some quick cheap souvenirs which they get stupid profit for.

Its all about the money these days not peoples sanity D:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
In a nut shell. Its a loads of bullsh*t

#110 Philly

Philly
  • 402 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:17 AM

I doubt anything will happen, but ya can never know for sure of course. Anyway, if anything is about to happen and we can see it coming, I'll make sure I'm with my Gf as it happens.

#111 DarkVision

DarkVision
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:57 AM

I doubt anything will happen, but ya can never know for sure of course. Anyway, if anything is about to happen and we can see it coming, I'll make sure I'm with my Gf as it happens.

True dat. lol

Were usually together around that time anyway tho cause of christmas

#112 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:59 AM

There will be totally people thinking "THIS WILL HAVE TO COME TRUE" and they'll commit suicide :/

And a few orgies here and there... and chaos will be intermittent.

#113 Zoolu4

Zoolu4
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:01 AM

well with nostradamus its odd, if i remember right he predicetd the day of his death, but got the year wrong, he also predicted htilers rise and called him hister; if he did truly predict the end of the world like this i dont think it is going to be on that particular day

#114 Tigerzz

Tigerzz
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:27 AM

" A part of me thinks that if this was going to be a major issue that the scientists of today would have figured it out and we would have started preparing for this for quite awhile, but then apart of me wonders how many different civilaztions could come up with one unform date (to my knowledge they were all pretty far apart in time and distance) Could people from long ago know something like this is going to happen?"

First of all my prediction is it is real and it's not going to start on december first but it has already started with the recent new updates of birds falling to their death from the skies, millions of dead fish and crabs all over the place, even bigger more dangerous and terrifying tilde waves, floods, storms, earth quakes, happening more often and getting bigger each time is really a obvious sign that the earth is fucking pissed off about something.
But why would the scientists, government or anyone in power want to tell people that this is actually real?
The amount of panic and chaos that will flood every country in the world, millions of people will die before it's even near the predicted time date. We'll more than likely end up destroying the world completely before earths actually got a chance of a fresh start. I also believe that they know a lot more about it than their letting off, the way they cover for it in the news like 'nothings happening' it's really amazing. and i didn't read everyone comments obviously, but i'd like to hear peoples opinions that have actually accepted this is going to happen on what i've said, cause i'm really interested in this topic and would always love to hear other peoples theories and opinions.

and for the people that don't believe in it, shouldn't it just be best to do a bit of re search on both nostradamus, chaos predictions and go actually look at the news over the passed year and then tell us you don't believe in it. and don't you think it would be best anyway just to know where to be? to stay safe, would you go to the highest place you can find, go underground, in the air, in the middle of the ocean or in a rocket? Cause i don't know about you but when ever one else is shitting them selves running around frantically not knowing what to do and trampling over their own wives and children just to save their own life, i want to know where to be.

i dont believe in this because i dont understand how a group of people can see into the future and say that the end of the world is going to happen. Only god can end the world that is what i believe

That's... totally not what it's about D:
and aint you ever had a passive dream before?
Maybe it's because you believe in religion you find it so hard to believe in the power of people.
I believe god is a energy, and he's the energy that's moving and giving the earth a fresh start because we fucked up and got greedy.
But we all believe in different things.

I really could care less what happens that day. If nothing happens then I've lost nothing. If we all die then I won't be able to care so it doesn't matter. Why does the event have to be the end of the world anyway? Why can't it just be the sun aligning with something and that being a rare yet cool event?

We're not ALL going to die, just the majority of the population.
And apparently it wont be cool because half the world is either going to complete freeze like an ice age, or burn to death if we're to close to the sun. Havn't really researched on this part myself yet - i'm to paranoid to find out what's actually suppose to happen.

Wait... how exactly does a cataclysm prove the existence of an omnipotent being? Unless you consider the universe an omnipotent being... and if THAT is the case... then there would be no "Heaven" to go to. I look forward to seeing how destroying mankind falls into the plans of a caring "God"

LOL i had to give you rep for this post :)
but yeah, i'll leave this thread alone now i've read it xD

THE MOVIE
Is a load of shit. It's basically saying some of us will survive it, some of us wont.
Stop basing what's actually going to happen by that film and do your research. The films a load of shit to make money on it yeah, i agree. But i believe this has relevance to something real and The world is NOT coming to a end! it's a chance to rebuild it's self, like after the last ice age. Oh and for all you 'film watchers' and not researchers, i went searching for a film last night to find something that explains it all and this basically explains everything. 2012: Mayan Prophecy and the Shift of the Ages watch that then leave a comment, it's not all correct but it basically explains a better picture for you.

Edited by Tigerzz, 15 January 2011 - 09:17 AM.

#115 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

they're missing a digit from the mayan calendar; it would continue to work for hundreds of millions more years

but of course the mayans have no more idea about the end of the world than you do

it could end tomorrow

or today

#116 leurz

leurz
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

This thread is giving me whiplash from all the time travelling.

Before 2012 there was 2000. before 2000 was what, 1997?

http://www.abhota.info/end6.htm

Found that site^
I think it's pretty good-- especially some of the ancient ones.
I don't think we'll ever run out of apocalypses.

#117 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:52 PM

i say whether or not its true, you should live life to its fullest. live for happiness. live so if the world does end, you'll ahve no rergrets

#118 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

I really doubt we will pressence the end of the world.
The most probably is that the humanity won't last enough to watch the end of the world.
Let's only do the best that we can as long as we are alive c:

#119 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

Nothing will happen. Not even mass suicides or looting.

Unfortunately.

#120 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:05 AM

nothing is going to happen youd have to be a fool to beileve it :)
people thought the world was going to end in 2000 and did it?
and from what ive read on some other sites related to this date is that the guy who invented the calender many melleniums ago stopped writing the date at 21/12/2012 and then since then people thought the world was going to end then (also he died when he wrote that date on the same day) but then again he was feeling sick so nothings going to happen
the worst is that the mass media will find hooligans and extremest and exaggerate...

#121 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:07 AM

nothing is going to happen youd have to be a fool to beileve it :)
people thought the world was going to end in 2000 and did it?

Yes it did O.o Where have you been?

Dead, just like the rest of us clearly ^_^

#122 rizler

rizler
  • 637 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:10 AM

lol so we are all dead people? but wouldnt we be zombies then? or if we are ghosts how come i cant walk through walls?

#123 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

lol so we are all dead people? but wouldnt we be zombies then? or if we are ghosts how come i cant walk through walls?

Who ever said ghost can walk through walls? How do you know you're alive then? o.O What if we're all lying to you and you're really dead? Maybe we're in a dream... Like the Matrixxxxxx

Edited by zlpqlz, 15 February 2011 - 07:41 PM.

#124 Vivendio

Vivendio
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:49 PM

I don't believe in the Mayan calendar or its predictions.

+ I doubt anything apocalyptic will happen on December 21, 2012.

#125 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:52 PM

Who ever said ghost can walk through walls? How do you know you're alive then? o.O What if we're all lying to you and you're really dead? Maybe we're in a dream... Like the Matrixxxxxx

I do frequent reality checks ^_^, so I get to know when I am dreaming and when I'm not.
At least on this world we can be sure we are alive (or something similar), if there was something before, or there is anything after it, it doesn't matter right now.
Just let's live while we are alive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users