State religions?

#103 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 28 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ITT: People forgetting state religions.

Well, the USA doesn't have one, and the UK's was invented to fundamentally alter the definition of marriage by legalising divorce.

And who gives a fuck about anywhere else?

#104 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Sunscorch @ Apr 29 2009, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the USA doesn't have one, and the UK's was invented to fundamentally alter the definition of marriage by legalising divorce.

And who gives a fuck about anywhere else?

Doesn't change the fact now though does it? I very doubt the topic of antidisestablishmentarism comes into it.

#105 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:44 PM

CRACK OUT THE BIG WORDS BOYS, IT'S INTELLECTUAL DEBATIN' TIME

#106 brandonxan

brandonxan
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 28 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn't change the fact now though does it? I very doubt the topic of antidisestablishmentarism comes into it.

Fact? What fact? That doesn't mean anything...

#107 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (Euphoria @ Apr 29 2009, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CRACK OUT THE BIG WORDS BOYS, IT'S INTELLECTUAL DEBATIN' TIME

Yeah it may seem like that, but it's actually the correct term to use. Originally defined around the ear of the 1600's/Henry VIII time.

#108 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 30 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah it may seem like that, but it's actually the correct term to use. Originally defined around the ear of the 1600's/Henry VIII time.

Technically it should be antidisestablishmentarianism if we want to be pedantic. wink.gif

Disestablishmentarianism ftw!

#109 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:27 AM

I swear I said that..

#110 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (Frizzle @ Apr 30 2009, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I swear I said that..

antidisestablishmentarism
antidisestablishmentarianism

You missed a bit.

#111 Kisarou

Kisarou
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:13 PM

Well, I'm not against gay marriages in any way. But I feel quite sad for them, since they can't have their own kid. ohmy.gif

#112 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (Kisarou @ May 4 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I'm not against gay marriages in any way. But I feel quite sad for them, since they can't have their own kid. ohmy.gif

Adoption?

#113 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Bryan @ May 5 2009, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Adoption?

Sadly some people are against gays adopting children yet they don't discriminate against single parents. I don't get it.

#114 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (Tetiel @ May 5 2009, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sadly some people are against gays adopting children yet they don't discriminate against single parents. I don't get it.

I know, I was referencing the post that said it was sad that gays can't have children.

#115 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (Tetiel @ May 5 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same difference in my opinion. But don't offer the basic essientals to offer a decent upbringing.

#116 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:05 AM

if geys get adopt kids then kids grow up 2 be ghey!!!

or if this is supposed 2 be plans to reduce over popletion den i dnt now mby is good idk lol

#117 MaidenOfMercy

MaidenOfMercy
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:46 PM

Once the anti- crowd can kick their divorce rate over 50% in the US maybe they'll have a right to talk. Unfortunately for this country, the fine tradition of pure and sacred Christian marriage is somewhat less than what it claims. brb, gonna go watch The Bachelor on DVD. One solid hour of purity

#118 joe77

joe77
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:49 PM

my opinion on the matter for what it is worth is that people have free choice, if they dont bother me with what their doing then i really dont care. if it makes them happy then its fine, the only thing that bugs me is what being gay has become. from what ive seen if you want to have anything to do with fashion or designing you have to appear gay. many of the new shows are including gay people as its the in thing to do. my biggest concern though is the gay pride parades, if you have ever accidentally ventured into part of the city where this is going on it is atrocious. I should not have to look at other people in the nude or inappropriate clothing. if it was any other time other then the gay pride parade these people would be charged. i believe alot of the parade has become almost a sexual exhibition, which i dont believe has anything to do with being gay. I have also seen homosexuals running around my school yelling and chanting waving their flags, once again i dont think this has anything to do with being gay, and more likely these people are attention seekers and are seeking an avenue. So to summarize i dont really care what you do as long as your not infringing on my rights, or opportunities, and keep it to yourself or people that share your beliefs, because i dont care if your gay so you dont need to tell me.

#119 darkmagegurl

darkmagegurl
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:40 PM

I have to agree about the free choice part. Besides, being homosexual isn't a disease, it's a characteristic. It's a choice, and the same one people make when they choose their life partners. The only thing they do that some argue against is that it is not 'natural', as man-man or woman-woman cannot copulate. The adoption part too, may be seen by some to be unfair to the children, who deserve an equal chance at having both a mother and a father. Yet, a father can be as good as a mother, given the chance. It is only the stigma of society that prevents people from seeing it as such.

#120 Amour

Amour
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:47 AM

People should be allowed to do whatever they want.

I hope they legalize weed and gay marriage in my lifetime just so I get to belong to that generation. Though I doubt they will, at least the weed thing..

#121 nitza

nitza
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:02 AM

seeing as i'm gay... yes, i'm totally up for gay marriage XD

#122 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:09 AM

I have to agree about the free choice part. Besides, being homosexual isn't a disease, it's a characteristic. It's a choice, and the same one people make when they choose their life partners. The only thing they do that some argue against is that it is not 'natural', as man-man or woman-woman cannot copulate. The adoption part too, may be seen by some to be unfair to the children, who deserve an equal chance at having both a mother and a father. Yet, a father can be as good as a mother, given the chance. It is only the stigma of society that prevents people from seeing it as such.

I totaly agree to that.
Btw in the past homosexuality was meantioned as psychological disease in leading medical books for diagnosis.

#123 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:48 PM

I have also seen homosexuals running around my school yelling and chanting waving their flags, once again i dont think this has anything to do with being gay, and more likely these people are attention seekers and are seeking an avenue. So to summarize i dont really care what you do as long as your not infringing on my rights, or opportunities, and keep it to yourself or people that share your beliefs, because i dont care if your gay so you dont need to tell me.

Same with Christians. They should keep it to themselves too, and stop waving their Bibles around schools and infecting our children with their non-gayness. And people who are black should keep their blackness to themselves. Everyone should just shut up, and hide who they are.
And women should cover their hair, because men might be tempted by... the sexiness of their... hair.

Simply put: It's a civil rights issue. Not a hundred years ago, women in the US were denied certain rights. Not 50 years ago, black people were denied certain rights. Hopefully someday people in charge will realize the parallels and make things right. Discrimination is America's favorite pastime.

#124 steve189

steve189
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:52 AM

its all good with me. i dont think anyone should be able to say no to what you like just because they dont like it. i hate mushrooms so im gonna make a law saying no one can eat them.

#125 LittleOne

LittleOne
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:43 PM

i think it should be accepted and respected everywhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users