Photo

Gay Marriage

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#151 TheNovakGirl

TheNovakGirl
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:22 AM

Seriously, guys. Chill out. O_o Debating is not about insulting others while trying to prove your point; that usually does the opposite. If you're really so angry, go get a stuffed panda plushie and beat it up or something. Weed works too.

I think it's funny when people say that gay marriage - and gay people having kids - is against mother nature and evolution and all that crap. Blablabla every species on Earth has to reproduce and take care of their young and all that because we were made to reproduce.

I mean, honestly.

Has anyone looked around since you were born? Tried to compare the way humans work and the way animals work?

Example.

A lion male will kill the cubs of his female if they are not his own. A herd of horses won't wait for their sick and old to catch up before they move away. Etc etc I'm too lazy to google examples.

Humans build asylums for the insane, hospitals for the sick and crippled, pay old people so they can live in peace and all that, and offer help & support to those who cannot survive on their own.

Come on. All this goes against all basic instincts an animal has - to take care of the weak the way we do. A bunch of gay marriages won't hurt our chances of surviving lololol much, really.

In the end it all ends up in the fact that this is something different, something new and ergo, terrifying, doesn't it? The world changes. Get used to it~

Edited by TheNovakGirl, 22 November 2009 - 11:23 AM.

#152 hahaman

hahaman
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:15 AM

seriously, these people won't carry on with their gene pools anyway

they shouldn't exist, and nature made sure by having them not have the ability to reproduce

these people are anomalies and considerably nonexistant in the line of evolutionary history, evolution has just one path for them-->remove from gene pool

it's true

life only exists and persists because of reproduction. inability to do so makes u a dead end in the tree of evolution, and it's nothing to be proud of imho. legalising, then what? what do u prove with that? use that time and effort and save a tree, write a book, make a movie, start a donation drive, anything.

#153 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:09 AM

they shouldn't exist, and nature made sure by having them not have the ability to reproduce

these people are anomalies and considerably nonexistant in the line of evolutionary history, evolution has just one path for them-->remove from gene pool

it's true

life only exists and persists because of reproduction. inability to do so makes u a dead end in the tree of evolution, and it's nothing to be proud of imho. legalising, then what? what do u prove with that? use that time and effort and save a tree, write a book, make a movie, start a donation drive, anything.

Your knowledge of evolutionary biology is abhorrently limited, and I strongly suggest you avoid using it to justify your opinions, unless you want to look like an even bigger imbecile.

#154 Neopian

Neopian
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:41 PM

it's true

If this is true, why aren't gays extinct by now. Cause homosexuality runs back to Ancient Greece.

Edited by Neopian, 23 November 2009 - 01:42 PM.

#155 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:37 AM

If this is true, why aren't gays extinct by now. Cause homosexuality runs back to Ancient Greece.

Technically that was bisexuality.

#156 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:17 PM

I would also like to point out that, while a genetic factor may be present, homosexuality is primarily based on hormonal things happening during the pregnancy of said child.

#157 AjayC

AjayC
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:58 AM

Is it really anyone's business telling what people can do on their own time? In their own bedrooms?

I think that marriage is more of a religious thing than anything else and if a certain religion doesn't want their gay members to have the title of married, then whatever. If the government would create a civil union type thing, with no religions involved, everyone could be happy :)

#158 SillyInsaneLittleGirl

SillyInsaneLittleGirl
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:07 PM

it all depends on the definition of marriage.
on one hand it is a religious thing. and i believe that is generally where most of the christians are opposing gay marriage.
however from a government perspective regarding tax rights of married couples, i think that's what gay couples are fighting for.

if government is truly seperation of church and state then they should define marriage as the union of two people... just unfortunately i think the government is still just full of a mostly christian dominant population. therefore passing of gay rights laws is increasingly difficult because the majority of the people who actually vote are against it...

#159 vendetta.inc

vendetta.inc
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:03 PM

It's going to be legalized eventually, in North America at least. Give it time..

#160 crimsonsmile

crimsonsmile
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:04 AM

Gay marriage is abhorrent from the Christian viewpoint , however Christians conveniently forget that it is not their place to judge other ppl's sins. Therefore, why make a law against it? Voting against it (for religious reasons) is effectively sinning in a sense yourself (as a Christian). The US is also supposed to have a separation of church and state. That's a little tricky in a democracy where most voters are Christian, or part of another religion that condemns homosexuality, but when people go to a voting booth it would be nice if they were thinking about whether their vote was based on their religious bias. In the end, I don't see the problem personally. My only issue is this: I did know a gay couple who wanted to be married in the Catholic church. I thought that was a little silly. You shouldn't join a little league team if you don't want to play baseball. You shouldn't join boy scouts if you're going to refuse to tie knots. So don't join a Christian church if you're not interested in a marriage ceremony that can only be performed for heterosexual couples. I also couldn't wrap my brain around the fact that they both stated they were faithful Catholics, then again, there's many bible passages that are absolutely horrendous in regards to the female gender and that's not stopping women from being faithful Christians. *shrug*

#161 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2399 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:44 AM

it's an interesting concept for me. i'm a christian, so obviously my beliefs are against it. however, a few years ago, my father told me he was gay. i was dumbfounded. more so by the fact that i've met his partner many times, and he's a great guy. they get along so well. my father had been single since my parents divorced (almost 20 years ago), and i always felt bad for him, as he seemed so lonely. will they get married? i dunno, probably not. but i don't feel that it's my decision to make whether or not someone *else* should be denied the option to make a permanent commitment with their partner.

#162 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:22 AM

I am under the true neutral guise of thought:

It doesn't affect me, therefore I do not care about it.

You guys should try it sometime. Pretty cool stuff.

Besides, who am I to question the beliefs and practices of another individual? Let them do what they like so long as it doesn't interfere with what I wish to do with my life.

#163 crimsonsmile

crimsonsmile
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:13 AM

Besides, who am I to question the beliefs and practices of another individual? Let them do what they like so long as it doesn't interfere with what I wish to do with my life.

QFT.

#164 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:57 AM

But... But... It's guys kissing! They might be doing it in front of my kids and spreading their queerness... ewwwwwwww

If my son turns gay, I'm blaming the gays.

#165 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2009 - 08:22 AM

Posted Image

#166 Neopian

Neopian
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:38 AM

Posted Image

I actually lol'ed at that :)

#167 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:28 AM

Posted Image

So I should blame black people for making black babies?

#168 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2399 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:09 AM

So I should blame black people for making black babies?

BAHAHAHAHAHA! that may be the funniest thing i think you've ever said, friz

#169 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:08 PM

So I should blame black people for making black babies?<br />

Yes. Technically black people ARE to blame for black babies.
Some of them might be gay black babies as well.

#170 vendetta.inc

vendetta.inc
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:19 PM

But... But... It's guys kissing! They might be doing it in front of my kids and spreading their queerness... ewwwwwwww

If my son turns gay, I'm blaming the gays.

Hah, I love it.

#171 plookle

plookle
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:44 PM

God, this whole gay marriage debate is silly. Not this one in specific, but the whole big overall gay marriage debate. If two guys want to have a life together then that's their business. Same with two girls. You don't see people freaking about boy-girl marriages just because that's what we're all used to. It's not like it has anything to do with the strait community, and if two guys want to get married what skin is it of your nose?

#172 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:22 PM

God, this whole gay marriage debate is silly. Not this one in specific, but the whole big overall gay marriage debate. If two guys want to have a life together then that's their business. Same with two girls. You don't see people freaking about boy-girl marriages just because that's what we're all used to. It's not like it has anything to do with the strait community, and if two guys want to get married what skin is it of your nose?

Your ignorance is outstanding. Bravo.

#173 plookle

plookle
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:43 PM

Your ignorance is outstanding. Bravo.

thank you *bows* ;) and I do realize that this was intended as an insult, I am just choosing not to argue about it.

Edited by plookle, 16 December 2009 - 04:44 PM.

#174 vendetta.inc

vendetta.inc
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:55 PM

thank you *bows* ;) and I do realize that this was intended as an insult, I am just choosing not to argue about it.

Heh, I love it.

#175 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:18 AM

Are you actually going to make a reasonable reply or just dust it under your hat of ignorance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users