9 replies to this topic

#1 113

• 1190 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:41 AM

http://www.nme.com/news/109703.htm

50 Cent Booed Off Stage

by Josh Grossberg
Aug 31, 2004, 2:15 PM PT

Right about now, we're thinking 50 Cent would have rather been in da club than on da stage.

The chart-topping hip-hopster cut short his set at Britain's Reading Festival over the weekend after getting booed and pelted with plastic bottles by a hostile audience just minutes after he began performing.

Accompanied by his G-Unit crew, 50 Cent hadn't even taken the stage at the legendary U.K. music bash on Sunday evening when the cranky crowd of 55,000 began yelling insults at the former crack peddler and hurling plastic cups.

Things got even worse when the lights came up on 50 Cent and he began performing tracks off his 2003 breakthrough, Get Rich or Die Tryin', according to NME.com. Fiddy's attempts to chill out the audience went nowhere--the boos got louder and the deluge of bottles intensified.

"We're just all here to have fun," said the rapper, whose real name Curtis Jackson.

The audience was having so much fun at that point that they began chanting "50 Cent is a wanker." One angry festivalgoer even lobbed a folding chair on stage. A frustrated Fiddy fought back, throwing bottles back at the crowd and flipping the bird. But after 25 minutes, he decided to throw in the towel and make an early exit.

He wasn't the only one to receive such a poor reception. The Rasmus barely made it through its first song when the fun-loving Brits on hand began lobbing mud at the Finnish rockers, who quickly exited stage right, according to NME.com.

Fiddy was one of the few hip-hop acts on display at Reading, the Streets and Goldie Lookin' Chain being the others. Traditionally a bastion for rock 'n' rollers, the fest's weekend roster included such name-brand acts as the White Stripes, the Darkness, Morrissey, Franz Ferdinand and Green Day, which closed out Sunday's lineup.

http://www.jonsmith...._reading04.mpeg lol

#2 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:54 AM

Thank god, I've always hated 50 cent, the only concerts that he'd be a good singer at is where the audience are all common trampy 13 hyper girls and their 18 year old boyfreinds.

#3 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:57 AM

I like the rasmus, but being booed off did make me laugh, I read it in The Sun.

#4 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 07:40 PM

that is some bs booing 50 off stage when they get shot nine ti'mes and live then they can boo hi'm off

#5 jillian

jillian
  • 1160 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 07:46 PM

I LOVE YOU, ENGLAND. <3

MS - dude, si'mmer, just because he got shot (which I'm sure he did :eyeroll:) doesn't mean he doesn't suck. :)

#6 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 09:53 AM

well everyone has their own opinion so ok ,but I'm in the whole gangsta genre as yyou can see

Edited by Master Shake, 11 September 2004 - 09:55 AM.

#7 Mason

Mason
  • 950 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 05:07 PM

Yes, he did get shot nine ti'mes, but that isn't why he's a great rapper, although it sure helped hi'm take off.

50 Cent was only booed off stage because the concert-goers don't like rap. I happen to love rap and 50 Cent. That's my opinion.

#8 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle
  • 1044 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 05:31 PM

I have to agree with you on this one

#9 Funnlecake

Funnlecake
  • 2076 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 05:47 PM

if they didnt like rap then whyed they go

#10 Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle