Photo

Neocodex Upgraded

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#51 Kail

Kail
  • 1109 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:21 PM

Very nice job guys, well done! Looks really cool.

#52 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:46 PM

Hmm, maybe in a week or so? Hydro still has to finish constructing the CodexChex also, but I can help him with that to expedite the process a bit. I personally have three programs completed (see my signature), but I'm waiting on those checks.

I should have the checks completed by the end of the weekend and then you can release your programs SL :). I think I'm going to start using my signature to update people on the progress of certain projects too. Hm. This is a good idea. Let's expand on that some more.

I've re-enabled performance mode for the time being as the server load was climbing extremely high.

You should see the board run a bit faster for the time being. I'll disable it again as soon as I get word from SL that we are done running the upgrade scripts.

#53 Alex

Alex
  • 6640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:49 PM

I dont like it. Bloated and unnecesary. Who knows, maybe it will grow on me but initial impression is [insert image of that dog with a face that says do not want]

Edited by Alex, 02 June 2009 - 04:50 PM.

#54 sarah.

sarah.
  • 5392 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:21 PM

Looking good guys :)

Think of this from a development perspective. IPB 3.0's source code has been out for a whole two weeks, so no one in the outside world has even had a chance to make skins for it yet. :p

I know of a couple of places that are already supposed to be working on skins for IPB 3, as well as there being that contest on the IPS forums. I haven't personally had a chance to look at how the skins work yet, but I do have a copy of IPB 3 to play around with :D

#55 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:24 PM

Looking good guys :)

I know of a couple of places that are already supposed to be working on skins for IPB 3, as well as there being that contest on the IPS forums. I haven't personally had a chance to look at how the skins work yet, but I do have a copy of IPB 3 to play around with :D

Cool. :D I think June 15th is when the IPS contest is over, so I guess I'll wait until then. :p

The skins are supposed to be way easier to create this time around I heard. Not sure though. :p

#56 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:25 PM

Cool. :D I think June 15th is when the IPS contest is over, so I guess I'll wait until then. :p

The skins are supposed to be way easier to create this time around I heard. Not sure though. :p

We can add 1 skin :p.

#57 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:25 PM

We can add 1 skin :p .

Or more since we have hooks? :p

#58 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:29 PM

Or more since we have hooks? :p

A few skins are fine but I don't want to be another 3volutionize here :p.

#59 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:29 PM

A few skins are fine but I don't want to be another 3volutionize here :p .

Nah, I'm just saying that because hooks make things easier, we shouldn't really need to worry about the ease of installation anymore. :p We'll only add really good ones of course. :p

#60 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:45 PM

very awesome :D

I'm trying to force myself to learn C++ so I'll make a program eventually

#61 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

very awesome :D

I'm trying to force myself to learn C++ so I'll make a program eventually

C++ is a great language to learn. It was my first language and it teaches you about many object oriented concepts very well. There is a steep learning curve though so don't get disheartened when things become tough. Just make sure to ask for help when you need it. I love C++ :D.

#62 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:00 PM

C++ is a great language to learn. It was my first language and it teaches you about many object oriented concepts very well. There is a steep learning curve though so don't get disheartened when things become tough. Just make sure to ask for help when you need it. I love C++ :D .

Yeah, I'm sure there are some way to incorporate the checks into a C++ program. If not, we can always waive the checks or something. :/

We really need to publish our policy on program submissions soon. :/ I would like to talk to Mumei about this also. :p

#63 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:30 AM

Yeah, I'm sure there are some way to incorporate the checks into a C++ program. If not, we can always waive the checks or something. :/

We really need to publish our policy on program submissions soon. :/ I would like to talk to Mumei about this also. :p

For sure. If you want to use C++ to do the programming, fine by us, but other languages may be easier to use for rapid application development :p.

#64 Alex

Alex
  • 6640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:40 PM

Site is so fucking slow after the upgrade.

Takes 49.8372 sec to get new content. Why does get new content have ?There are 47353 new entries?
no wonder its slow

Edited by Alex, 09 June 2009 - 09:42 PM.

#65 iceberg2477

iceberg2477
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:25 PM

i go away for a couple of weeks and you guys up and change on me?! lol. nah this is a cool upgrade.

..feels so fresh n clean :thumbsup:

#66 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:40 PM

I think it's got a few bug that need to be fixed :( I'm hoping iPB fixes it and releases a .1 or something :(
This version is a RC 1

#67 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:56 AM

Site is so fucking slow after the upgrade.

Takes 49.8372 sec to get new content. Why does get new content have ?There are 47353 new entries?
no wonder its slow

See this bug tracker entry.

This is most likely because the board upgrade thinks you have not read any posts. We have a new way of handling new posts on IPB 3. The content shown in the view new content page is anything you haven't seen yet. So if you just posted a new topic, you've already seen it and so there is no reason to post it in new content. Same with replying and going to a topic (viewing it). However, since the upgrade, you haven't gone to any of those topics and so it shows them. The lag is most likely in the software trying to get all those topics for you.

To fix this, simply go to the bottom of the board index page and click the link that says "Mark Board As Read" and the problem should go away.

#68 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:19 PM

Neocodex has just been upgraded to IPB 3.0 RC2. Hopefully some of those bugs have disappeared. :p

#69 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:33 PM

Is there a list of the changes? :)

#70 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:44 PM

Is there a list of the changes? :)

Check out this page on Invision Power's site.

#71 33724

• 976 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:36 PM

Looks great. Very aesthetically pleasing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users