• This topic is locked This topic is locked
303 replies to this topic

#51 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:44 PM

It's supposed to detect the silver5 die and make a log file with the source code though. :( I wonder why it's not working. :(

I would really like to make it detect the amount of the jackpot. Does it normally tell you this, or does it just say you won the jackpot?

Been so long since I did it legit, I don't know...

If it does NOT... then you could add another variable to pull it off the "Start New Game" page when you get game over, but that might slow down overall performance.

I'll watch it closely until you get the appropriate data, but if you add the option I'll do it even easier :p

If you have about 5-10 people doing this for you, you should get the Lotto winning within a day or two and one of us HAS to win the jackpot within a 7-day period, I'd hope.

#52 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:47 PM

Well, this game would be easier if I didn't end up rolling a game over every freaking time I start a game, but I doubt I'll call it a night before I manage to at least get a lotto win.

#53 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:12 AM

Well, this game would be easier if I didn't end up rolling a game over every freaking time I start a game, but I doubt I'll call it a night before I manage to at least get a lotto win.

It's not so much about YOU calling it a night as much as it is your pet calling it a night. Let's see if we can't SL at least SOME of the required data.

#54 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:16 AM

Well, I got a side account if I have to switch, but I want to get some data, so I don't leave with just a bunch of food in my inventory.

Oh, I also got a Faerie Queen Quest which I completed and got a nice +1 to my pets level along with a great +3 strength bonus, which was nice when I got it on a "You Lose" roll. :D

Even better, I got a lotto ticket not 5 minutes later, which I already got the data for and sent to SL. (hopefully it all sent)

Edited by Elindoril, 24 June 2009 - 12:25 AM.

#55 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:32 AM

Dame. Just got it too. I'll throw mine in as a second source for verification.

#56 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:33 AM

I was hoping to win the jackpot, I need to make back the money I spent on that faerie quest. xD

Lame, my lottery win turned into a Pant Devil attack. :(

Edited by Elindoril, 24 June 2009 - 12:38 AM.

#57 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:40 AM

Alright, lottery ticket is done. :p I just need the source for the jackpot now. :( Also, do Faeries show up just like the other random items do?

I'll add the Pant Devil thing for the lulz. It's something that should be reported I think. :p

And I hope the avatar detection is working. :p

#58 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:40 AM

Nah, the faerie showing up was completely different, it was just a normal Faerie quest event.

#59 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:46 AM

I'll add the Pant Devil thing for the lulz. It's something that should be reported I think. :p

Maybe at some point in the future we can be spoiled enough to have the option to "quickstock on silver"?

I know that's a complicated mo-fo of a function, but I figured it couldn't hurt to suggest it. Posible just a "pause on silver" option to keep our items from disappearing

Nah, the faerie showing up was completely different, it was just a normal Faerie quest event.

Yeah, but this being a HTTP game, a "Something has happened" log could be SWEET as well. That way we know what took place (rare items, faerie quests, etc)

I know I'm distracting with all these ideas, but I'm no implementer... just a really lazy end-user

#60 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:50 AM

Yeah, but this being a HTTP game, a "Something has happened" log could be SWEET as well. That way we know what took place (rare items, faerie quests, etc)

I know I'm distracting with all these ideas, but I'm no implementer... just a really lazy end-user

The log would be a nice little add on, seeing as I got the tooth faerie avatar and never noticed I had it until several hours later, though it could get a little crowded with all the useless events being logged.

#61 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:58 AM

The log would be a nice little add on, seeing as I got the tooth faerie avatar and never noticed I had it until several hours later, though it could get a little crowded with all the useless events being logged.

I would assume that SL's trying to make the log as useful as possible...

So if we break it down to just-game events we're probably looking at (in the near future)

-Items
-Mystic Wind eliminated because it does nothing
-Lottery Tickets (I actually won the lottery one tome because of Dice-a-Roo! o.0)
-Pant Devil thefts
-Jackpot and/or Avatar notification (possibly with payout amount)

If he ends up adding a "Something Happened" logger, I could see how that could get annoying what with "A Spider Crawled Across the Page" and other bullsh like that. So yeah... it has its positives and negatives.

#62 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:10 AM

I would assume that SL's trying to make the log as useful as possible...

So if we break it down to just-game events we're probably looking at (in the near future)

-Items
-Mystic Wind eliminated because it does nothing
-Lottery Tickets (I actually won the lottery one tome because of Dice-a-Roo! o.0)
-Pant Devil thefts
-Jackpot and/or Avatar notification (possibly with payout amount)

If he ends up adding a "Something Happened" logger, I could see how that could get annoying what with "A Spider Crawled Across the Page" and other bullsh like that. So yeah... it has its positives and negatives.

The elimination of the Mystic Wind would be a plus, since it shaves a few seconds off your games, which is more productive. Though, in the event not possible to be told our exact amount when we win the jackpot, would telling us if we won with the 10x multiplier suffice? (though, I don't know which would require more work to code.)

With the logger, if it at least tells us if we received an item from the random event, that could be good enough.

Blast, I can never get past the blue die before losing. <_< Stupid game of chance.

Edited by Elindoril, 24 June 2009 - 01:22 AM.

#63 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:36 AM

2 Accounts, no hint of Silver. Maybe tomorrow. I'll check back when I actually have data.

#64 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:00 AM

I don't suppose it would be too much to ask to get the activity log to flash when you've won an item or something, would it?

Some of us like to throw items in our shops or SDBs as soon as we get them to avoid them being stolen, and as it stands unless we do nothing but watch the log (defeats the purpose, may as well play legit that way :p) we risk losing stuff. xD

#65 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:48 AM

SL, it seems like these things come up often. Programmers ask for source all the time. Perhaps there should be a library where it will check your html for random events and other non-application specific events that take place on Neopets. You can pass in a reference to your log control and it will log for you.

Just something to think about. We can program it later.

#66 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:24 AM

I don't suppose it would be too much to ask to get the activity log to flash when you've won an item or something, would it?

Some of us like to throw items in our shops or SDBs as soon as we get them to avoid them being stolen, and as it stands unless we do nothing but watch the log (defeats the purpose, may as well play legit that way :p ) we risk losing stuff. xD

Automatic SDB feature will be a part of the next version. The flashing might be a bit tricky. :p

#67 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

Automatic SDB feature will be a part of the next version. The flashing might be a bit tricky. :p

Oh, well then, completely disregard what I just said then.

Automatic SDB dumping >>>>>>> flashing windows.

#68 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:44 AM

Alright, so these are the new features I have in 1.3 so far:

- Toggle the logging of Jackpots, Lottery Tickets, Pant Devils, Items, NP Collections, Avatar, etc..
- Option to put items won into SDB
- Option to put all items in SDB when Start Game button pressed.
- Updated NPLogin module to 1.0.3, which means: Proxy Support, and Custom User-Agents
- Wait times randomized using milliseconds now, so it's not round numbers which may look suspicious.
- Activity Log now on main page, so you don't need to load a separate form to see the logs.

I still need to program the SDB thing though and fix up NPLogin 1.0.3. Everything else is done.

Also, depending on how quick the anonymous usage statistics module is completed, I will add that to 1.3 also. It will basically, with your permission, submit usage statistics of the program to Neocodex so we can graph them and make nice charts for you guys. Hydro's making this.

Basically we're not pissing around this time and are coming up with some impressive features. :p

#69 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

Kudos all around then. Can't wait to get my grubby paws on it.

#70 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

Alright, thanks to Leonor for sending me the Jackpot source. :D

#71 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:16 PM

Heh, at last someone got lucky, I went through 3 accounts worth of playing and got to the silver die like once. >_>

#72 Ranteur

Ranteur
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:54 PM

I was about to put it up, xD I won the jackpot twice in 5 minutes in the morning. Talk about luck. Sadly, even though I got 21k from the first one, it wasn't a 10k multiplier... That would have been a really nice win.

#73 Leonor

Leonor
  • 592 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:38 AM

SL, You're Welcome. Thanks to you for your hard work and continuing efforts on this program. Luv ya man! :wub:

I have always loved this prog. I got the avatar, the jackpot multiple times, the 'Third place at Dice-A-Roo' bronze trophy and a lottery ticket win for a Neopian Lottery bronze trophy (don't remember the amount) with the old prog. :D

#74 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:32 AM

Version 1.3 now up. I didn't add SDB in this time around because I was busy getting the other projects distributed with Hydro.

Report any odd things to the bug tracker. :D

#75 stirlingL

stirlingL
  • 424 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:52 PM

when i try to download version 1.3, only 1.0 is available?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users