Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:50 PM

I get snowballs... that's it lol.

I think that's all you get :(.

#27 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:21 PM

Just lost 24 games in a row :p. Not a single win for me tonight.

#28 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

Erm... Hydro? :p Are you sure you're not off by a square or two? Haha.

#29 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

Erm... Hydro? :p Are you sure you're not off by a square or two? Haha.

I have to implement that every other square priority strategy. Hopefully success rates will be much higher then :p.

#30 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:13 AM

Yeah. The losses are outrageous... 60 mins playing, and only one win.

#31 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:54 AM

The earlier games are easier so we'll have to beef up the algorithm. I have yet to implent that every other square strategy. Will try tonight. There is also another bug where it doesn't do the queues properly. Will look into that tonight too.

#32 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:00 PM

I implemented the every other square strategy and so we'll see how the algorithm behaves now :) . It actually wasn't all that many lines of code :D .

Updates coming up soon :) .

#33 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:45 PM

Tell me something, when it hits one of the 'ships' does it detect what type of ship it is and what part of the ship has been hit?

Seriously, take a look at the guide I wrote, the method used will increase the chances of actually winning hugely.

Yep I did read the guide :). I use a moveQueue to determine which moves are more important to make at the moment over some others. If there is a hit on some part of a ship, I use a set of rules to determine which moves to add to the moveQueue so long as those moves aren't already in the moveQueue. This effectively does what you meant by "[detecting] what type of ship it is and what part of the ship has been hit."

#34 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:21 AM

When I try to start up the program, I get an error saying "This program requires the newest version of Python Required Files Package. Please get the current version from Neocodex.us!" I downloaded and installed the newest files, but I'm still getting this error. I don't have a problem running Scarab 21 AP. (Tyranu Evavu AP and Neon AP make it past login but then crash). Is this a Vista problem? Stupid Vista crashes so many programs--if it even lets me run a program at all.

#35 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:27 AM

When I try to start up the program, I get an error saying "This program requires the newest version of Python Required Files Package. Please get the current version from Neocodex.us!" I downloaded and installed the newest files, but I'm still getting this error. I don't have a problem running Scarab 21 AP. (Tyranu Evavu AP and Neon AP make it past login but then crash). Is this a Vista problem? Stupid Vista crashes so many programs--if it even lets me run a program at all.

Its not an issue with Windows Vista (Though, I recommend turning off UAC, or running it as administrator). Otherwise, you could be infected.

Try following this guide. http://www.bleepingc...to-use-combofix

#36 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:46 AM

"This program requires the newest version of Python Required Files Package. Please get the current version from Neocodex.us!"

This was a problem when the program was compiled. It has been recompiled and rereleased...

Try redownloading the Snow Wars AP...

I got the Gold trophy from the new version ^_^

And yes, Vista sucks sometimes

#37 bobbycat123

bobbycat123
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:03 AM

Just curious if you already do this, but when I played manually and eventually got to gold, when I got a HIT on anything other than the 1-hit snowmen, I would not continue the thing and continue searching for the rest of the missing items, i.e. when you see a part of the 4-part castle, you don't finish it until the very end when you've found everything and its parts. Saves you valuable turns against the crazy AI

#38 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:05 AM

Right now the auto player does stop and finish the four piece structure. We try every other square to find the large structures and once those are exhausted, we switch to random guesses. Does continuing the search really have that good winning chances?

#39 bobbycat123

bobbycat123
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:37 AM

Well probability wise it is an improvement, because you know where some pieces are already, so you can search for the smaller pieces and then at the end you will just have to finish in the bigger pieces instead of guessing for that last piece. Hard to explain but I'm pretty sure not finishing the multiple-hit pieces will increase your winning percentage.

#40 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:05 PM

Well probability wise it is an improvement, because you know where some pieces are already, so you can search for the smaller pieces and then at the end you will just have to finish in the bigger pieces instead of guessing for that last piece. Hard to explain but I'm pretty sure not finishing the multiple-hit pieces will increase your winning percentage.

There is no advantage at all to not finishing it first. There might even be a slight advantage to finishing it first. Not finishing it first only helps the manual player, and its only because of how the mind works.

#41 bobbycat123

bobbycat123
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:06 PM

Yeah after rethinking it, completing multi-hit pieces immediately or at the end does not affect the outcome; you have to make those clicks sometime. Also, the small pieces are going to have the same probability throughout the games. Meh, sorry :ninja:

#42 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:41 AM

Thanks for all the help. It turns out all I needed to do was restart my computer. Hah. Program runs perfectly now!

#43 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:53 AM

Yeah after rethinking it, completing multi-hit pieces immediately or at the end does not affect the outcome; you have to make those clicks sometime. Also, the small pieces are going to have the same probability throughout the games. Meh, sorry :ninja:

No! Don't be sorry :p. Please keep the suggestions coming :). If you think of something and want it implemented, please don't hesitate to let us know :).

Thanks for all the help. It turns out all I needed to do was restart my computer. Hah. Program runs perfectly now!

Glad you got it working :D.

#44 souske88

souske88
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:04 PM

Umm.. same questions as I had in Cheat AP - When I login into my neopet account (not the neocodex login), it says error. I checked and everything about my account was correctly entered; help please?
I will try to restart my computer and see what that does...

EDIT - Works fine now, but only when I use IE7 to login to my neopet account, then login to the AP program, then close my neopets window. Still doesn't work if I try the same for Firefox though.

Edited by souske88, 27 August 2009 - 09:01 PM.

#45 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:05 PM

Umm.. same questions as I had in Cheat AP - When I login into my neopet account (not the neocodex login), it says error. I checked and everything about my account was correctly entered; help please?
I will try to restart my computer and see what that does...

EDIT - Works fine now, but only when I use IE7 to login to my neopet account, then login to the AP program, then close my neopets window. Still doesn't work if I try the same for Firefox though.

If your trying to login through the Settings window, then run the program using Debug=1 and post the results of HTTPWrapper_debug.

#46 fruityone

fruityone
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:29 AM

There is no advantage at all to not finishing it first. There might even be a slight advantage to finishing it first. Not finishing it first only helps the manual player, and its only because of how the mind works.

Hi. N00b with a suggestion here *waves*

I agree that finishing it first does give a slight advantage, but you have to find the single snowmen some time, and if you don't you're no more likely to find it at the end then at the start. So why not save some time by trying to find the single ones first, so at least you can lose it faster if you've got a doomed game anyway? It might decrease your chances of winning very slightly, but I'd think that would be pretty insignificant compared to the time that could be saved.

*runs off now*

#47 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:49 AM

Hi. N00b with a suggestion here *waves*

I agree that finishing it first does give a slight advantage, but you have to find the single snowmen some time, and if you don't you're no more likely to find it at the end then at the start. So why not save some time by trying to find the single ones first, so at least you can lose it faster if you've got a doomed game anyway? It might decrease your chances of winning very slightly, but I'd think that would be pretty insignificant compared to the time that could be saved.

*runs off now*

Hmm...doing it first or last... if you did it last, at least you know the ones it isn't in? I don't know :p. It seems to not make much of a difference and really is just based on luck...

#48 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:28 PM

Hmm...doing it first or last... if you did it last, at least you know the ones it isn't in? I don't know :p. It seems to not make much of a difference and really is just based on luck...

Its all damn luck. I've triple checked the algorithm. Its sound.

#49 Ubergoldz

Ubergoldz
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:27 PM

great program.
got the gold trophy with no problems.
:D

#50 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:28 PM

great program.
got the gold trophy with no problems.
:D

Good to know :). Iargue made some great improvements to the algorithm the program used. Prior to this, it would get to maybe level 4 and then lose all the time :p.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users