• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:48 PM

This is a place-holder. I'm working on this guide right now (actually my girlfriend and I are collaborating on this one). I'll be updating this as soon as the guide is complete, and creating a seperate "reward guide"

Check back if you're interested.

Also, feel free to PM me if you want to help with collecting prize data and I'll give you instructions on how you can be useful

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:50 PM

Oh wow this would be really nice!
Let me know if you need any vids :)

#3 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:52 PM

Vids shouldn't be a huge issue, but I may need examples of the mini-games

I'll get back to you on that one. Thanks for that, Noit.

And the girlfriend is considering joining up and becoming active in the GFX section. Should be fun ^^

#4 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:07 PM

That would be awesome but only if she feels like it. Anyone forced won't stick around :(

If they're attached from the heart then quality comes out of it :D (No clue where I heard that bull... LOL)

#5 ShiGeZhuZaiYiGe

ShiGeZhuZaiYiGe
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:34 AM

Oh if you need helps heres some tips(so that you might get more ideas to start your guide) for keyquest although i just started awhile ago...:

1) Always try to score the best in minigames when they are activated as it will enable you to have a chance to get a key of your choice :) Who knows it might be your last key and you will win from the minigames?

2) Try to get the treasure box as you will get a random power-up + a key of your choice.

3) Try to use misdirected compass on those who collected all the keys and try to make them go to another direction from the key portal.(or sometime like that i forgot what it's called... It will just make the person with all the keys the winner when they collected all the keys and reached there first) You are able to use it on yourself if you got misdirected by other players too.

4) If you see anyone winning and you have a Rainbow fountain key power-up then you should use it to swap one of the player's keys to any key that is furthest from that player so that they would have to go a big round to pick up the key again. Just hope that it won't happen to yourself if you were the one winning :p

5) Always use Boots of flight when necessary. What do i mean by that? Simple. Just use it when you are worried about not getting to a spot for the keys or the key portal. It will give you a privilege to spin the dice twice (or even thrice if you got the special power-up) and get a number that may be small or big. This will help especially when you need a power-up or something like that.

6) If a player wins when you are playing # of keys and # of players when you have all the keys and failed to get to the key portal before them, you MIGHT get the silver key unless someone else have MORE keys than you, that would make you ranked #3 in the current game which will get you a bronze key...

7) Its best to play in 5 keys and 2 players as it will increase the chances of getting gold/silver which will be confirmed as there is only 2 players. So even you lost the game you will get a silver key which is already a very good key.
--
Actually there are alot more tips but i could not bother to type them out lol this is actually a tip to help you start your guide :) hope it helps
-

#6 kiddX

kiddX
  • 606 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:48 AM

A couple of things I've seen which I felt are useful tips
  • For the fruit cutting mini game a-its better to be player 2 than player 1 since you have more fruits above you. b-if you are ahead in number of points just cut all of the spare fruits and let them fall to the ground = auto win Posted Image
  • For the water can game, there is a certain spot in between the seeds where u can water 2 seeds at once Posted Image. This gives you an edge since you can complete that mini game faster than anyone who doesn't know this- I have never lost on that mini game
  • Certain mini games don't seem to have the 3-2-1 countdown, such as the water hose with the cat. Therefore, be ready in advance
  • Using powerups on regular intervals is key. I've seen a lot of players replace a powerup with a new one. It's more efficient to have a spare slot unless maybe if its the duel powerup since that can benefit your opponent. Saving up power ups doesn't help you if you just replace them later
  • Count the number of squares from the portal to the treasure square. It's good to know that if you have to decide whether or not to take a portal based on your roll apart from just looking at where keys are placed.
  • If you have no chance at all of winning a certain round, just go for maximum np squares since at least you'll get money out of it Posted Image

#7 AlanI

AlanI
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for the tips, guys, I'll start playing keyquest since it appears to give some good prices :)

#8 devil669988

devil669988
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:06 AM

If you're still beginning its priceless but the prizes are to much about luck and with the tendency of most people quiting the game when you're winning its kinda tiring to play

#9 CyberDar

CyberDar
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:11 AM

I like to play a least a few rounds everyday if I can help out in any way please let me know.

#10 wtfints

wtfints
  • 518 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:02 PM

gogogo. i gotten my gold trophy. after 1 week of full time playing. lolx.

#11 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:50 PM

I've just started to play this game, so a guide would be a giant help. Great idea to make this! I'll be checking back soon.

#12 alphadark

alphadark
  • 277 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:48 PM

What are the best prizes you can get from this game? and can you play yourself with 2 browsers?

#13 SweetHoney

SweetHoney
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

What are the best prizes you can get from this game? and can you play yourself with 2 browsers?

You can get paintbrushes/codestones/secret lab pieces.

Paintbrushes (Gold Key Only):
Biscuit Paint Brush
Camouflage Paint Brush
Cloud Paint Brush
Ghost Paint Brush
Glowing Paint Brush
Snow Paint Brush
Speckled Paint Brush
Starry Paint Brush
Striped Paint Brush
Tyrannian Paint Brush

Codestones:

All normal 10 + 6 red ones

Lab Pieces:
All 9 (not at once though)

I don't think you can play yourself either even with two browsers sorry

#14 ppalgang

ppalgang
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

A couple of things I've seen which I felt are useful tips

• For the fruit cutting mini game a-its better to be player 2 than player 1 since you have more fruits above you. b-if you are ahead in number of points just cut all of the spare fruits and let them fall to the ground = auto win ../../public/style_emoticons/default/ninja.gif
  • For the water can game, there is a certain spot in between the seeds where u can water 2 seeds at once ../../public/style_emoticons/default/smile1.gif. This gives you an edge since you can complete that mini game faster than anyone who doesn't know this- I have never lost on that mini game
  • Certain mini games don't seem to have the 3-2-1 countdown, such as the water hose with the cat. Therefore, be ready in advance
  • Using powerups on regular intervals is key. I've seen a lot of players replace a powerup with a new one. It's more efficient to have a spare slot unless maybe if its the duel powerup since that can benefit your opponent. Saving up power ups doesn't help you if you just replace them later
  • Count the number of squares from the portal to the treasure square. It's good to know that if you have to decide whether or not to take a portal based on your roll apart from just looking at where keys are placed.
  • If you have no chance at all of winning a certain round, just go for maximum np squares since at least you'll get money out of it ../../public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif

nice tips..

I think all of the flashgames really had something to do with your connection..
I mean, the fast connection will get you more chance of winning a gold key..

so if you had a low connection always play 2 players only game and see the BOLD tip above :)
so you could have good NPs and get a silver key even if you loose.. it could give u codestones :)

I don't think you can play yourself either even with two browsers sorry

the idea is good..
what about playing it with your friends (neofriend, or someone you know) ???
on the first day you get the 10 gold key and the nextday your friend get it..
is it possible ??

Edited by ppalgang, 11 February 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#15 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

Best prizes would have to be the Lab map pieces and Paint Brushes, although the best paint brush Ive ever gotten from KQ was a speckled :/ But i have gotten some good lab pieces.
I dont think you can play yourself if you have only one computer, Ive tried it once.
If you're playing legit, key quest is probably the easiest way to make quick currency from all those ETS rewards (:

#16 marcheva

marcheva
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

this is actually really necessary for me, mostly because i always get frustrated in key quest because i never get any keys at the end so i just played 30 mins for 2k neopoints. not really worth it in any case so a guide will be much appreciated

#17 jspamax

jspamax
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:32 AM

I always flop at KQ, luckily I managed to join a Guild that offered a fair game. 5 Keys, 2 Players first to 5K is allowed the Gold Key.

Edited by jspamax, 27 February 2011 - 12:32 AM.

#18 Vizkiu

Vizkiu
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:04 AM

in the minigames you need to install a program?
works for me very slow KQ and sometimes does not work well and I have to restart the game (sorry for my bad english)

#19 angel412ster

angel412ster
  • 29 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

That's really cool and smart about the guild! I always thought that'd be the smartest way to play. Certainly get the most buck for your time. Thanks for the guide!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users