Photo

[Guide]changing your pets gender![done]

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 favredriver

favredriver
  • 932 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 06:07 PM

There are currently 5 ways to change the gender of your pet. Each one works both ways; no male only or female only changing methods :)

1. Strange Potions have been around a long ti'me, but are still very rare due to the fact that it is rarity 99 (less than 5 appear in the Magic Shop every month).

2. The Lab Ray can randomly change your pet's gender, amoungst many other things. The Lab Ray can change gender, color, species, Strength, Defence, Hitpoints, Level, and Movement. At the moment, the lab ray is very expensive; 500k or more for the map that lets you access it.

3. Witchy Neggs can, according to the Neopian Ti'mes Editorial (Week 118), 'Changes your pets gender, turn them into a Lenny, Tuskaninny or Moehog, boost their intelligence, raise their hit points or cure any disease your pet may have'. I have no proof of this and the price of the negg at the neggery, 48 Negg Points, is a bit high for testing purposes. And seeing how random it (supposedly) is, I don't recommend it :) .

4. Kaleideoneggs have some of the effects of the Lab Ray. Not sure which, but not all, though definitely gender and color change. Costs 52 Negg points at the Neopian Neggery.

5. Fight the lab ray scientist in the battledone. He has a strange potion equipped as a weapon.

Note: Changing a pet's gender will not change its' look if you have a gender specific painted pet (i.e. royal)

Edited by Warlord, 14 June 2007 - 01:20 AM.
Added 5th method + note

#2 Hazard

Hazard
  • 3424 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:25 AM

what are strange potions is that the name of the potion or what?

#3 Janice

Janice
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:30 PM

Wow.
Why such a big gravedig?
Anyways, he isn't going to reply, he is banned.

Here is your answer:
http://home.neopets....pet_name=Twovee

A Strange Potion is the name of a potion that changes your pet's gender.
Please search Google first.

-Janice biggrin.gif

#4 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(Kitsune @ May 13 2007, 03:20 AM) View Post
There's a way cheaper option - you just need to get the lab guy as a bdome challenger and fight him - he changes your gender when you fight him (you don't have to win).

he doesn't always change your gender. i think it can happen when he uses the strange potion on you. it might talk about it on that pet page. i think i've read it before

#5 J03

J03
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:05 AM

Wow thank you so much! My Royal Lupe was zapped and turned into female by the lab. I couldnt use the Scorchio lab guy in the BD because it would only change the gender status, not the pic tongue.gif I got a Strange Potion and my pets all fixed, thanks a lot biggrin.gif

#6 Cerie

Cerie
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 02:48 PM

The Cape of the Sun also works to turn your pet into a female, just equip it to your pet and fight in the Battledome.

For more information on fixing your pet's gender, check out the following page:

Hope this helps! =)

~Cerie

#7 nox

nox
  • 6707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(Cerie @ May 27 2007, 05:48 PM) View Post
The Cape of the Sun also works to turn your pet into a female, just equip it to your pet and fight in the Battledome.

For more information on fixing your pet's gender, check out the following page:

Hope this helps! =)

~Cerie

thanks for posting that cerie, pretty cool that you can change a pet's gender without that lab ray

in addition to that..i want to thank you for being such a great new member, codex needs more people like you smile.gif. keep it up

Edited by nox, 27 May 2007 - 05:55 PM.

#8 Cerie

Cerie
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:48 PM

No problem, happy to help where I can. =)

And thanks so much, I'm really flattered!

~Cerie happy.gif

#9 serina

serina
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:54 PM

cool am off to try this right now tyvm xx

#10 aoh2

aoh2
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:37 PM

If you use your petpet laboratory can you actually change you pet into a draik or a krawk?

#11 phalkon

phalkon
  • 2399 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE(aoh2 @ Oct 15 2007, 01:37 AM) View Post
If you use your petpet laboratory can you actually change you pet into a draik or a krawk?

please post lab ray questions in the lab ray topic here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users