Question about my ear

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

No idea wtf happened. Today I found out a chunk of my ear was missing. Not sure when it happened, last time I remember my ears being fine was like a week ago (dont exactly inspect my ears that often) so it must of happened sometime since then then. No scar/scab or anything, like a piece fucking dissapeared.

Current theory is I strained myself when working out but the thing is I work with really low weights and don't push myself and my ears got strained and split. (3x8@120 for deadlift, 3x5@110 for bench press, 3x12@120 squat ect.)

Heres the best way I can show it. Its like a chunk of my ear dissapeared

Posted Image

Anyone have any information?

I'm going to a doctor tommorow

what. the. fuck.

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

#2 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:57 PM

I can't tell from the image what your ear would look like now but lifting weights is unlikely to be the cause....unless you were lifting them with your ear :p.

Been shitfaced recently?

#3 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:58 PM

No man. Completely sober

what the fuckkkkkkkkkkk

Like imagine that beige shit was the piece of my ear thats missing.

Like i fucking strained my neck while deadlifting and my neck pulled on my ears causing a gradual split or something

#4 Silk

Silk
  • 6906 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

?!?!

Well...
if it was from physical excursion you'd probably have shat yourself first before vanishing the bridge of your ear?

#5 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

I see what you mean from the deadlifts but I'm pretty sure you would feel your ear split. I am WTFing as well :p as I can't think of any possible way in which you could do this without feeling something....

Is it possible you actually did it a while ago? Not that this would explain there being no wound and you not noticing...

#6 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:19 PM

No man, it happened fucking recently. I have pictures to confirm it. I didnt feel a isngle fucking thing

fuck.

Fuck. wonder if theres surgery to put a piece of plastic

what the fuck how the fuck does a piece of my fucking ear dissapear. fuck

http://wiki.bmezine....hp/Ear_Collapse

Is a possibility though I think I'd notice if I had an infection

#7 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:40 PM

Dude take a picture. It's probably fine.

#8 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:12 PM

Yeah man picture it I can't imagine it.
So you had a connected lobe and now you're detached?

#9 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:16 PM

No camera :S. Its like I've always been detached but now I'm super detached. Like if that curve/gap in the bottom left of your ear just got twice as big.

#10 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:36 PM

ROFL that's awesome but shitty for you dude. As you said go check out a doctor, I have no clue what happened and never have heard of this before, but is it really a big deal? I don't even look at my ears so something like this could of happened years ago to me.

#11 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:53 PM

Ya I don't look at my ears either but the second my mom looked at me she asked what happened to my ears. It's pretty noticeable and concerning. Man, I'm laughing at my earlier posts. I was really freaking out. Still what the fuck happened.

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:57 PM

Perhaps you've evolved rather suddenly?

#13 SomberSkies

SomberSkies
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:37 PM

damn man wtf you had me rubbing my ears making me think maybe I strained them too or whatever lol. i play sports so along with that heavy weight lifting but I never knew that could happen. so weird haha. how the hell would it split? If theyre the same on both sides then it couldnt be that case right? idk

#14 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:58 PM

Haha somber :p

Hobo what about your other ear? Is it like it was before?

#15 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

No. Both have the same problem :S

#16 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:33 PM

If it was only one ear, I'd say maybe somehow something either bit it while you were sleeping, or you tore it somehow.

But both? I have no clue. O_o

Edited by Tailwind, 31 July 2009 - 06:34 PM.

#17 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

What the hell? O_o
Ok, maybe Laser's right, you evolved suddenly. :p

(I guess that rules out an infection unless they're in both ears simultaneously...)

#18 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:33 PM

Clearly your ears are developing minds of their own. I think its time to amputate them before they cause any damage. O_o

#19 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:24 PM

Congrats. You've reached puberty.

#20 Black Flame

Black Flame
  • 6063 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

...Well...alright then. O_o

I can't say I've ever heard of anything like this, and I've no explanation other than what others have suggested. Yeah post what the doctor says about this. I'm...interested in knowing, definitely.

#21 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:27 AM

Congrats. You've reached puberty.

I lost

#22 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:26 AM

I cant see the difference :|

#23 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:29 AM

I cant see the difference :|

That'll be because it's the same picture twice, one with the difference only illustrated.

You have to use your imagination. Try not to strain yourself.

#24 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:43 AM

Over the course of the last month or so I've gained around 10 pounds of muscle and apparently my face has gotten more muscley (went from being superthin, capable of seeing most of my ribs to somewhat built), combine that with cheeks swelling due to braces my skin got like pushed outwards/forwards which streched by ears making that little gap stretched out and look like I'm missing a chunk of skin. :p. My ears have just reshapen. Really weird. And at the time my mom was panicking me by telling me my earlobes were attached and not detached and I believed her because she sees my ears more often then me. Let's never speak of this again :p

#25 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

Over the course of the last month or so I've gained around 10 pounds of muscle and apparently my face has gotten more muscley (went from being superthin, capable of seeing most of my ribs to somewhat built), combine that with cheeks swelling due to braces my skin got like pushed outwards/forwards which streched by ears making that little gap stretched out and look like I'm missing a chunk of skin. :p . My ears have just reshapen. Really weird. And at the time my mom was panicking me by telling me my earlobes were attached and not detached and I believed her because she sees my ears more often then me. Let's never speak of this again :p

Oh, I'll bring it up sometime. This whole crisis would be over if you just followed my advice earlier. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users