Help me to save a girl's future

• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

#1 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:53 PM

Well hello everyone, I know I've been really inactive lately, but it's because of school, and I'm trying hard to keep at last watching the topics.
I asked SL64 if I could make this topic and he let me, so I'll just begin:

My friend's cousin is really poor, and she won't be able to get into a good uni,(here in Brazil it's really hard to get into a public university, which are the best), well, she's really pretty and now is trying to become a model. Right now she looks fine, on 15th place, but she needs a lot of votes on the model agency's website before she can get a photobook and be hired by the agency. The site is in portuguese, but it's self explanatory.

Click here

Enter in this website, after load it, search for the girl number 13 and click on her, after that, a page will load with her name, Elise, and a picture below. There will be some numbers and a place to type them, just type and press "Votar". After that your vote will be computed and she'll be closer to having a better future.
PS: The link might get you directly in her page, if it does, just do the "Votar" part

She really doesn't know what she's gonna do if she loses this and it's really simple to vote, also you'll be helping her life to be better by wasting less then 20 seconds. You can vote every 30 seconds, by the way. The votings are open until october 1st, I think.
I would really appreciate if some of you could vote, really, and I bet she will be forever thankfull to you.
The number might change(as she goes up and down in position), so always look if that's her name, I'll try to update as soon as possible if I find out her position changed.
Here's her photo:

Posted Image

Thanks in advanced to all of you who read this topic, not only she, but I'll be in a huge doubt with you if she wins... Thanks again fellows, and sorry for any grammar/english mistakes,
Gen

EDIT by noit:
SL MADE AN AUTO-VOTER. PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND RUN IT! :(
http://www.neocodex....ost__p__1210783

Edited by Noitidart, 16 September 2009 - 01:47 PM.

#2 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:55 PM

I'm not sure if there are any specific rules against asking people to vote (for this competition I mean), but what you may want to do is not include too many keywords in this topic (like the person's full name) in case Google indexes it.

You might also want to anonymize the link using a service like http://anonym.to in case they see votes coming from a link that is hotlinked from Neocodex.us. :p

I just don't want to see people getting disqualified for something like this. :p

#3 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:58 PM

I'm not sure if there are any specific rules against asking people to vote (for this competition I mean), but what you may want to do is not include too many keywords in this topic (like the person's full name) in case Google indexes it.

Oh ok, I'll just put her first and second name, because if her position change before I can edit the topic, some people might vote on the wrong person x.x, maybe just the photo is ok.

Also, SL, thanks for the idea of the anonymous thing, now the url goes directly to her page.

Edited by G3N3R4T10N, 04 September 2009 - 05:01 PM.

#4 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:05 PM

Oh ok, I'll just put her first and second name, because if her position change before I can edit the topic, some people might vote on the wrong person x.x, maybe just the photo is ok.

The name is fine if you don't include it all I guess, or something. Just so long as they can't do a Google search and get Neocodex as a result, rofl. Maybe I'm just being paranoid though.

Also read above what I said about anonymizing the link in case that is also an issue. :p

----
Erm, now it is not working. lol

-------
I hope she wins. She looks a lot better than most of the people on that page, probably one of the best on the page actually. :p

By the way, your link is still not anonymizing. If you hover over it, it still shows the full URL. :p

#5 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:07 PM

The name is fine if you don't include it all I guess, or something. Just so long as they can't do a Google search and get Neocodex as a result, rofl. Maybe I'm just being paranoid though.

Also read above what I said about anonymizing the link in case that is also an issue. :p

----
Erm, now it is not working. lol

-------
I hope she wins. She looks a lot better than most of the people on that page, probably one of the best on the page actually. :p

By the way, your link is still not anonymizing. If you hover over it, it still shows the full URL.

Thanks man xD she's like on 13th out of 500 people+ lol
When I click on the link it goes automaticaly to her page...

#6 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:09 PM

Thanks man xD she's like on 13th out of 500 people+ lol
When I click on the link it goes automaticaly to her page...

Yup, but it's not going through anonym.to. :p Only the label on the link has changed to anonym, haha.

#7 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:14 PM

Yup, but it's not going through anonym.to. :p Only the label on the link has changed to anonym, haha.

Doesn't seems to change anything x.x, I mean, when you copy and paste the link, it works, but if you click it doesn't...

#8 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:15 PM

I agree she looks a lot better than the other people on the page.
A lot of them look like they haven't slept in days. Some of those pictures look like mug shots.
Your girl is pretty, freshfaced, and friendly-looking. She's FIERCE. *snaps fingers*
I wish her luck! I've voted a few times already.
Posted Image

#9 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:18 PM

You can vote more than once?

Good job Gen, the link works now. :p

#10 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:20 PM

You can vote more than once?

Good job Gen, the link works now. :p

You can vote as much as you want xD

#11 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:21 PM

She's the prettiest one on the page! Cute girl. How old is she?

#12 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:21 PM

Nice. :p

(No one make programs, that would surely raise questions and is probably against the rules.)

#13 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:22 PM

Every 30 secodns no way? Maybe someone can make a program for this :) At least to bring up the ocr and we can type it every 30 sec :)

#14 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:24 PM

Every 30 secodns no way? Maybe someone can make a program for this :) At least to bring up the ocr and we can type it every 30 sec :)

We probably could, but if they found out they might disqualify her which would be really shitty. :/

#15 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:26 PM

I don't know if a program would work

Also, my friend said that you can do it every 30 secs with each browser, so in 30 seconds you can vote with firefox, IE and chrome, for example lol, and repeat.
She's 15 xD

#16 Tailwind

Tailwind
  • Win points = 2,235,563

• 2576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:36 PM

I voted for her.

She's extremely pretty. I love the tone of her skin, as well as her facial features. Definitely beats the shit out of everyone else on that page.

Wish her good luck for me.

#17 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:37 PM

Yeah, probably everyone else on that page is bribing people to vote for them or something because I don't see how they have so many votes.

#18 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:40 PM

Well I was thinking a program that went to the page every 30 seconds got the catpcha and made the program always on top until you type in the captcha and hit submit. So its not exactly every 30 seconds. Anyone have time? :( I'm trying to get an app out tonight :(

#19 Waterloo

Waterloo
  • 388 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:44 PM

Hehe. I voted. :)

And I agree.. she's actually the prettiest on that page.. deffo deserves better than 13th place. I wish her the best of luck! *votes again*

#20 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:46 PM

Yep, give her an official Neocodex good luck from all of us, haha. :p

Noit, just write (or get someone to write?) a greasemonkey script or something to reload the necessary pages and leave the OCR to the user (I don't know how to make greasemonkey scripts yet, lol). At least that way it's through the browser and looks less suspicous (and is actually "legal" by anyone's TOS). :p

#21 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:03 PM

Why not just word your post differently. Talk about the modeling competition and casually mention how you're cousin is participating and how you'd like to see her win so she could go to a university. That way you're not soliciting votes.

Also, like a couple days before the polls close, if she's still in a shitty position try posting on /b/, she'll either get a fuckton of votes or anon will decide to be an asshole and she'll get last place/disqualified :p.

#22 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:06 PM

Oh god, I wonder what randomness will ensue if /b/ is unleashed on the votes. :/

#23 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:28 PM

Man, what is wrong with voters? How are some of these guys and girls so high above others?!

This may not exactly be permitted, but you could use python's PIL library to crack that captcha (looks really easy) and just make an automated script to submit a vote for her every 30 seconds. It would take an hour or two to write :whistling:

#24 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:37 PM

Well, yeah, it would be easy... just apply a rotation matrix to the pixels to get the letters horizontal (then maybe add some aliasing or smoothing in case the captcha looks all gimped after rotation), then get rid of the BG and run the PIL library on it.

But the thing is, if something like this is done, and it's found out, there goes the person's future, you know? They might have a rep to worry about even though they're 13th place atm (being disqualified doesn't look good). :/

#25 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

Well, yeah, it would be easy... just apply a rotation matrix to the pixels to get the letters horizontal (then maybe add some aliasing or smoothing in case the captcha looks all gimped after rotation), then get rid of the BG and run the PIL library on it.

But the thing is, if something like this is done, and it's found out, there goes the person's future, you know? They might have a rep to worry about even though they're 13th place atm (being disqualified doesn't look good). :/

Thats why desperate things like using a program/getting /b/'s 'help' should only be attempted right before failure becomes certain :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users