Restock Lists Guide

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#1 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:52 PM

POPULAR POST!

Ok, so you've downloaded Abrosia (or some other, less awesome ABer), and you want to start restocking. Well, luckily for you, Abrosia is ready right out of the box, just login and click start!

But maybe...just maybe you want a little more control. Perhaps you have a specific shop, like Toys or Grooming, or maybe you just want to target a certain shop. For that you will want to make a restock list. How do you make a restock list? Well, it's pretty simple!

First, head over to Neocodex's Item Database, and select the Restock Lists tab. Over on the right, select "Simple" mode. Now select a shop, such as the Grooming Parlor, and set to search by Profit. I set my profit margin at 5000 NP to lessen the chance of restocking something that loses me money, but use your own common sense.

Posted Image

Now, his search and you'll get a list of items that restock in Grooming that sell for at least 5000 NP than their restock price.

Posted Image

Select all the items with your mouse and copy them into a text file. I use Notepad, but you can use any word processig software, just be sure to save the list as a .txt file.

Posted Image

Then go into Abrosia and go to Settings > Program Settings > Main Shop Settings. Click "Load a Manual Shop List". Now, for "Shop ID", look at the link for the neopets shop you want to RS from. At the end is a number, that is the ID number. For grooming it is 5, so that's what I put. Next, hit "Import List" and select your text file. Your list should show up in the box on the left. Hit OK, and then start Abrosia! That's it!

Posted Image

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:14 PM

Absolutely love the tutorial man! Great effort in trying to make this a better place! :)

#3 DiLeMa

DiLeMa
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:22 PM

Thanks a million for this. Im not sure if I will use it though but im sure it will help alot of people.

#4 Mondo

Mondo
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:33 PM

well it made me go and check out the "item database" pretty cool.

#5 nonotjj

nonotjj
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

GREAT guide, thanks a ton. +rep too! :)

#6 Mondo

Mondo
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:43 PM

question on the "Active Users" is that stuff automatically tracked by Abrosia and price to show the profits

#7 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:21 PM

question on the "Active Users" is that stuff automatically tracked by Abrosia and price to show the profits

Honestly, I don't know how the active users works, or really understand the finer points of the Item Database.

I know that whenever Abrosia or Neon Autopricer prices an item that data gets added to the database. It's all automated, no human interaction whatsoever.

However, I've bee using the Autopricer for awhile but don't show up as pricing more than 25 items, which is odd O_o

#8 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:21 PM

accidental double post

Edited by ekluise, 08 September 2009 - 08:22 PM.

#9 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, when a user is running Abrosia, it is also automatically pricing items for the database, the more it's running, the more it prices, and the "Active Users" price shows how many items each user has priced.

#10 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:33 PM

OK, so I am apparently in the Active User Database. Much, much higher than I thought I was XD Ignore me.

#11 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:44 PM

Haha yeah its all tracked :D Pretty cool huh :D

#12 Dominatorx

Dominatorx
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:53 AM

Thanks Ekluise :) But one more question. Can you upload multiple lists at one time? Say...You want to restock the Grooming Parlour AND The Bakery? Do you add both lists and add both shop ID's? Or will that not work?

Please and thank you :)

Edited by Dominatorx, 09 September 2009 - 04:53 AM.

#13 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:41 AM

Thanks Ekluise :) But one more question. Can you upload multiple lists at one time? Say...You want to restock the Grooming Parlour AND The Bakery? Do you add both lists and add both shop ID's? Or will that not work?

Please and thank you :)

Well you can't choose your shops yet until you get to 500 posts. :p

#14 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:24 AM

Well you can't choose your shops yet until you get to 500 posts. :p

Actually, you can if you use lists. It's only if you want to use the Neocodex automatic database that you cannot choose your shops until 500 posts.

And Dominatorix, you can only do one shop at a time. There's no way around that.

#15 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:40 PM

Actually, you can if you use lists. It's only if you want to use the Neocodex automatic database that you cannot choose your shops until 500 posts.

And Dominatorix, you can only do one shop at a time. There's no way around that.

Ekluise, what Laser was saying was that if he wants to multi-shop and pick what shops to multi-shop with, he needs 500 posts xD

#16 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

I say load in a mega list. And just manually change the number every now and ten.

#17 Rebeca

Rebeca
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:34 PM

thanks dude! + rep for you! ^^

#18 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:00 PM

Ekluise, what Laser was saying was that if he wants to multi-shop and pick what shops to multi-shop with, he needs 500 posts xD

Ohoho, gotcha.

#19 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:25 PM

So why not just set the profit margin to 5k and let Abrosia do it's thing? That way your lists will be more accurate because the prices are constantly updated....

#20 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

So why not just set the profit margin to 5k and let Abrosia do it's thing? That way your lists will be more accurate because the prices are constantly updated....

Well, sometimes you want to target a specific shop. Like I have a toys shop, so I like to go for plushies a lot. This way, I can do that.

#21 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:47 PM

so you just enter only one shop in the Visit Specific Shop IDs settings. And if you can't do that because you haven't earned that privilege yet, you shouldn't be trying to find a way around that. You can't change the shops you AB in for a reason.

#22 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:55 PM

so you just enter only one shop in the Visit Specific Shop IDs settings. And if you can't do that because you haven't earned that privilege yet, you shouldn't be trying to find a way around that. You can't change the shops you AB in for a reason.

My point is that you *can* visit specific shops, by using lists. It's a built-in feature, not a workaround.

#23 nonotjj

nonotjj
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:49 PM

I must've missed this... when using the automatic shops/lists provided by neocodex's item database.... is it like randomly visiting all shops? Or is everyone with < 500 posts at the same shop ?

#24 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:59 PM

I must've missed this... when using the automatic shops/lists provided by neocodex's item database.... is it like randomly visiting all shops? Or is everyone with < 500 posts at the same shop ?

SL optimized the shop chooser to favor profitable shops... but the shop that each particular iteration of the program visits is up to each particular program... so everyone SHOULD be visiting different shops.

Hope I answered your question with more information than you needed

#25 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:11 PM

Said optimization is nice. Before it would visit Osiris Pottery and lame shops like that, now it does a lot more Books, Bakery, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users