[Neopets Programs] Kad Feeder

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
868 replies to this topic

#26 Wolfette

Wolfette
  • 126 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:45 PM

*scritches her head* Umm. I tried to download this, but when I went to unzip it it said there were no files inside. O_o *is confuzzled* Sorry to be a bother, just thought I'd give this program a whirl.

#27 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

It's not released yet, as it says in the first line of the main body of the first post.

#28 Wolfette

Wolfette
  • 126 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:18 PM

It's not released yet, as it says in the first line of the main body of the first post.

*blush* Sorry, somehow I missed that part. *coughs* :p

#29 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:25 PM

*blush* Sorry, somehow I missed that part. *coughs* :p

It probably ought to be a little more obvious, to be honest xD

#30 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:05 PM

If your using IE as your main browser. I feel sorry for you.

If I was using IE as my main browser, I wouldn't be having these cookie issues.

DUDE, BRO. You know she HAD to make the switch to the best browser around.

NETSCAPE NAVIGATOR!

1. Google Chrome is my main browser (Netscape Navigator is my second alternate, now first)
2. How did you get she? Last I checked, I'm a he.

It probably ought to be a little more obvious, to be honest xD

You would think people might notice a 22 byte zip file is empty. Otherwise it is the best compression ratio in existence (~0%).

EDIT: Even though I did download Abrosia thinking it would be the beta but ended up being an empty zip file.

Edited by Neoology, 30 September 2009 - 05:07 PM.

#31 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:32 PM

Agreed. Almost 150 downloads. Apparently people click download without reading. This has been fixed.

#32 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:44 PM

Agreed. Almost 150 downloads. Apparently people click download without reading. This has been fixed.

Just shows how many people don't care about anything but the programs before downloading, we could easily insert a virus into the program, and warn them in the description that it's a VIRUS, and they'd end up infesting themselves anyways.

Yup, then I would laugh.

#33 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:50 PM

Just shows how many people don't care about anything but the programs before downloading, we could easily insert a virus into the program, and warn them in the description that it's a VIRUS, and they'd end up infesting themselves anyways.

Yup, then I would laugh.

This is why Windows computers go so many virus's. I mean with Virus, it basically Asks you. Do you want to install this virus. And they click Continue

#34 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:55 PM

This is why Windows computers go so many virus's. I mean with Virus, it basically Asks you. Do you want to install this virus. And they click Continue

People always hope Antivirus #38745623 will keep them safe so they can go and mess things up and not have anything to worry about. *sigh*

#35 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:06 PM

People always hope Antivirus #38745623 will keep them safe so they can go and mess things up and not have anything to worry about. *sigh*

Put the same people on Linux, and they will do the same thing.

#36 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

1. Google Chrome is my main browser (Netscape Navigator is my second alternate, now first)
2. How did you get she? Last I checked, I'm a he.

1. I thought Navigator was dead and gone? o.0
2. I have NO IDEA! Where the hell did I get a gender?

#37 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:19 PM

1. I thought Navigator was dead and gone? o.0

I think it was discontinued in 2008, and they helped people migrate to other browsers, like Firefox, but I guess people find a way to use it still. Though, it's weird if you do, since it's almost 2 years without any update to anything.

Put the same people on Linux, and they will do the same thing.

I'd say throw them some Macs, but they'd find a way to screw those up too. <_<

#38 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:12 PM

I think it was discontinued in 2008, and they helped people migrate to other browsers, like Firefox, but I guess people find a way to use it still. Though, it's weird if you do, since it's almost 2 years without any update to anything.

I'd say throw them some Macs, but they'd find a way to screw those up too. <_<

Do macs have the dont run as administrator thingy going?

#39 Wolfette

Wolfette
  • 126 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

You would think people might notice a 22 byte zip file is empty. Otherwise it is the best compression ratio in existence (~0%).

Honestly I didn't even look to see what the file size was when I was looking at the downloads area. And I missed the one line above the program description stating that it's not released. *shrugs* Didn't occur to me that a program not released would have the option to download it.

Yup, then I would laugh.

Good lord, see the above comments. I read the description I just didn't see that it was not released. :rolleyes:

#40 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:13 PM

No idea, I don't know how to use a Mac or how it operates. :D

Good lord, see the above comments. I read the description I just didn't see that it was not released. :rolleyes:

Oh I know, but it would be hilarious anyways, too many people skip reading the forum posts before using a program, and it get's a tad annoying coming in just to see more people asking the same question that was already answered before.

#41 xZel

xZel
  • 463 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:15 PM

Macs make it really difficult for programs to execute on root level. Based on how the operating system was written. i'm pretty sure its the same way with some linux builds but i cannot remember right now.

#42 Wolfette

Wolfette
  • 126 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:19 PM

Oh I know, but it would be hilarious anyways, too many people skip reading the forum posts before using a program, and it get's a tad annoying coming in just to see more people asking the same question that was already answered before.

I actually came to this thread to see if anyone had posted this particular problem and hadn't seen anything. Granted I didn't troll down further to see if other threads had been started since I try to keep from having multiple threads about one thing going on. Like I said ... I simply didn't think a program would have a download link if it wasn't actually there to download. Who knew? :sarcasm: Well, now I do and won't be making the same mistake.

By the way, the GIGANTIC lettering there now is a touch overboard, don't you think? Simply bolding it would have drawn enough attention. :rolleyes:

#43 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:31 AM

Macs make it really difficult for programs to execute on root level. Based on how the operating system was written. i'm pretty sure its the same way with some linux builds but i cannot remember right now.

So, its really difficult to install programs?

Interesting. I thought it was supposed to be easier to use.

More on topic. Anyone have any feature suggestions?

Okay! Its up.

#44 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:49 AM

GO DOWNLOAD NAO!

Also, there's no apply button in settings. Get used to that. It's pretty awesome.

I can verify that this runs well (and has gotten me 15 feeds thus far)

Oh, and I figured you all should know. Don't post buy logs here. Or else you'll get the following:

Posted Image

Edited by jcrboy, 01 October 2009 - 12:32 AM.

#45 fruityone

fruityone
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:04 AM

W00t! Am very glad I decided to stay on instead of calling it a night. Let's see if I can get a shiny kad trophy with this.

Edit: had it running for 2 or 3 hours and it hasn't done a thing. All the log says is '[10:41:24 PM] Successfully loaded food list!' Ummm, help?

Edited by fruityone, 01 October 2009 - 03:56 AM.

#46 Waterloo

Waterloo
  • 388 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:46 AM

Cant wait to doanload and give this beast a try. :D Really love the Kad avvie.. I SUCK at feeding though. >_< Tried for ages and got zilch. :p

#47 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:47 AM

It took me a week just feeding one by myself for getting the trophy ^^ But would love to have the avi too.

#48 DiLeMa

DiLeMa
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:46 AM

Is it possible to get iced using this?
How long should it be left running and how often?

#49 Waterloo

Waterloo
  • 388 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:54 AM

WOOOT! Sucessfully fed a kad. My first one ever. XD

#50 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:08 AM

Congrats Waterloo *yay*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users