[Neopets Programs] Kad Feeder

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
868 replies to this topic

#51 DiLeMa

DiLeMa
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:18 AM

Is everyone using default settings?

OMG first kad fed and I was wondering where that crazy beeping noise came from :p.

#52 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:23 AM

So, its really difficult to install programs?

Interesting. I thought it was supposed to be easier to use.

More on topic. Anyone have any feature suggestions?

Okay! Its up.

Mac OS X is based on FreeBSD and is the *nix family of operating systems, as is Linux. These operating systems generally don't allow regular users the ability to touch any system file. Users can touch only the files they create in their home directory and in some other places like /tmp. Some files can't even be read by regular users like /etc/shadow. The all powerful user that is able to do all of these things is usually root. In order to make any major changes to the system like installing programs or starting/stopping daemons, you must have access to the root account, or at least sudo privileges.

It's not that it is difficult to install programs on Mac OS X (you just click and drag the application icon into the applications folder - not sure how it could be easier actually O_o), or on Linux (you usually just use a package manager like yum or apt, but sometimes must compile from source which can be a bit scary to new users). The installation process is just a bit different than it is in Windows. There is usually never a Wizard to guide you through the install process, though some Mac OS X programs break this rule like Growl or MacTex :p.

Is everyone using default settings?

OMG first kad fed and I was wondering where that crazy beeping noise came from :p.

If it's a major issue to have that beep, we might want to remove it :p. Don't want to annoy the users now :p.

#53 DiLeMa

DiLeMa
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:25 AM

If it's a major issue to have that beep, we might want to remove it :p. Don't want to annoy the users now :p.

I personally found the beep hilarious. I think an option to turn off the beep would be a good idea. :p.

#54 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:32 AM

:o Oh man...I can't wait to hear said beep then if it's going to be this hilarious :p

#55 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:36 AM

W00t! Am very glad I decided to stay on instead of calling it a night. Let's see if I can get a shiny kad trophy with this.

Edit: had it running for 2 or 3 hours and it hasn't done a thing. All the log says is '[10:41:24 PM] Successfully loaded food list!' Ummm, help?

Try exiting and see if you get an error? And go again? After it loads the food list, it loads the items from the database. This could have failed for an unknown reason (Timeouts and such. Or config error)

#56 DiLeMa

DiLeMa
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:11 AM

I cant seem to locate the screenshots following the instructions in the first post.

#57 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:13 AM

I cant seem to locate the screenshots following the instructions in the first post.

http://www.neocodex....enshots-folder/

Here you go.

#58 bobbycat123

bobbycat123
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:20 PM

Is it set to wait 3500 seconds after a buy? That's 58.3 minutes, not 35 (the first page says you have to wait at least 35 minutes for the feedings). The kads "stock" every 30-45 minutes apparently so if you meant 35 minutes, it's 2100 seconds... sorry if you know that but something I noticed.

#59 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:29 PM

The beep knocked me out of my chair XD

Two feeds today though! Tis where I'm stopping so I don't drum up drama X3

#60 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:11 PM

Thanks Iargue for making this... *hands a super big cookie*

Can't wait to get the shiny Kad trophy and avvie. I giggle whenever I see males wearing such a bright pink avatar :p

#61 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:38 PM

Is it set to wait 3500 seconds after a buy? That's 58.3 minutes, not 35 (the first page says you have to wait at least 35 minutes for the feedings). The kads "stock" every 30-45 minutes apparently so if you meant 35 minutes, it's 2100 seconds... sorry if you know that but something I noticed.

It should not be waiting 3500 seconds. If it is, something whent wrong. Simply restart the program. The next version will have checks against this happening. We are not even sure why it is happening.

#62 fruityone

fruityone
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

<br />Try exiting and see if you get an error? And go again? After it loads the food list, it loads the items from the database. This could have failed for an unknown reason (Timeouts and such. Or config error)<br />

<br /><br /><br />

I did that a couple of times, but it seems to do the 'Successfully loaded food list!' and stop after that. What SHOULD it be doing? Maybe there's just no kads..?

#63 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:32 PM

<br /><br /><br />

I did that a couple of times, but it seems to do the 'Successfully loaded food list!' and stop after that. What SHOULD it be doing? Maybe there's just no kads..?

After Successfully loaded food list! It will load from the database. You should give it up to 10 minutes atleast. For slow networks/computer this can take a long time.

#64 Khalid

Khalid
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:42 PM

Gathering your items, means that it waiting for the next time to feed them?

#65 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:48 PM

Gathering your items, means that it waiting for the next time to feed them?

Well... you always have to wait for the next time... but once it analyzes your SDB and inventory... THEN you will see a "waiting x time for refresh"

THAT means you're waiting for the next refresh.

#66 Khalid

Khalid
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:02 PM

Hum, well having more items must not really help them? I really have a lot of items in SDB, maybe like 1300 different items, hope it wont take much time because has been 45min since I open the Kad Feeder.

Will I need to go through this process each time I open the program?

#67 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:23 PM

Hum, well having more items must not really help them? I really have a lot of items in SDB, maybe like 1300 different items, hope it wont take much time because has been 45min since I open the Kad Feeder.

And yes... having more items DEFINITELY helps. You can withdraw and feed faster than someone can buy and feed.

It just takes longer to boot the program.

And it analyzes your SDB every time you load the program, yes

#68 Khalid

Khalid
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:27 PM

Alright thanks.
Does it analyze food only? Does Kad eat other stuff than food?

#69 yanks

yanks
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:30 PM

How's the freeze rate on this bad boy?

#70 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:38 PM

Alright thanks.
Does it analyze food only? Does Kad eat other stuff than food?

It checks everything in your SDB

How's the freeze rate on this bad boy?

Not enough data yet. If the account that's been running this non-stop for 3 days now (with a max price of 1) gets frozen, I'll let you know.

#71 xZel

xZel
  • 463 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:48 PM

So, its really difficult to install programs?

Interesting. I thought it was supposed to be easier to use.

More on topic. Anyone have any feature suggestions?

Okay! Its up.

If you don't have the right access, then yes, but most accounts have root. Although, macs make it so the programs don't execute there or have the root privileges or something like that. I can't fully remember.

#72 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:00 PM

Okay, with 1300 items, it wouldnt take 45 minutes. Basically, look at the number of pages you have in your SDB, that number * 2 is the maximum second it will wait.

If its taking 45 mins. Create a tracker thread please.

#73 Khalid

Khalid
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

Alright I am going to test again to see how much time it takes, I usually give up, so if it take more than 15 min I will make a thread in the tracker. I kinda underestimated how many item I had, it was more like 2400 different items, 6000 in quantity, 80 pages.

Right now it at 9 minutes since I press start.

Edit: Alright, I will make a tracker thread tomorrow. Going to go sleep.

In the log:

Exception in thread Thread-3:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyo", line 486, in __bootstrap_inner
File "kad.py", line 384, in run
File "kad.py", line 111, in Getboxitems
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '2,379 '

ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '2,384 '

Exception in thread Thread-2:
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '2,386 '

There is more but those are just an example.

Edited by Khalid, 04 October 2009 - 07:28 PM.

#74 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:12 PM

Alright I am going to test again to see how much time it takes, I usually give up, so if it take more than 15 min I will make a thread in the tracker. I kinda underestimated how many item I had, it was more like 2400 different items, 6000 in quantity, 80 pages.

Right now it at 9 minutes since I press start.

Edit: Alright, I will make a tracker thread tomorrow. Going to go sleep.

In the log:

ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '2,379 '

ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '2,384 '

Exception in thread Thread-2:
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '2,386 '

There is more but those are just an example.

So....You where getting errors, but you didnt bother to inform us of that? I thought it was running fine, and just taking some time. I see the bug, and its fixed. Will release a new version shortly.

#75 DiLeMa

DiLeMa
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:34 PM

iargue i cant seem to find the screenshots anywhere.

Nevermind, Solved my problem. Ive only fed 1 kad and it was before it was updated and im using vista and did not run as admin. But now you changed it to run as admin upon startup.

Edited by DiLeMa, 04 October 2009 - 09:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users