• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#26 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:31 PM

All pizza you get will be the same thing with just a different flavor, so it is just a matter of opinion.

LIES!

Don't you dare tell me that your white pizza is anything like my super meaty pizza.

#27 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:04 PM

LIES!

Don't you dare tell me that your white pizza is anything like my super meaty pizza.

Crust and toppings...

#28 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

Crust and toppings...

Crust=Crust
Toppings =/= Toppings

Apples & Oranges

You try comparing Broccoli to Beef Sausage.

I would like to see you do a value comparison on those two to tell me which is the better pizza topping.

Edited by jcrboy, 05 October 2009 - 04:39 PM.

#29 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:13 PM

Crust=Crust
Toppings =/= Toppings

Apples & Oranges

You try comparing Broccoli to Beef Sausage.

I would like to see you do a value comparison on those two to tell me which is the better pizza topping.

Like I said. Same thing, different taste.

Owned.

#30 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:22 AM

Like I said. Same thing, different taste.

Owned.

If owned means retarded, then you are correct in this case. If you're missing my point, I'm taking it to pictures.

Posted Image =/= Posted Image

If you want to keep arguing this point, take it up with the vegetarians, because I'm tired of telling you you're wrong.

#31 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:06 PM

If owned means retarded, then you are correct in this case. If you're missing my point, I'm taking it to pictures.

Posted Image =/= Posted Image

If you want to keep arguing this point, take it up with the vegetarians, because I'm tired of telling you you're wrong.

If they where not close to the same thing, it wouldn't be the same fucking name

ALL PIZZAS HAVE THE SAME FUCKING ESSENTIAL FUCKING INGREDIENTS. ELSE ITS NOT FUCKING PIZZA.

#32 Eskimo

Eskimo
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:35 AM

<br />If they where not close to the same thing, it wouldn't be the same fucking name<br /><br />ALL PIZZAS HAVE THE SAME FUCKING ESSENTIAL FUCKING INGREDIENTS. ELSE ITS NOT FUCKING PIZZA.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Taco Pizza? Cheeseless Pizza? Buffalo Wing Pizza? The list goes on. =-P
How did this get so far OT?

#33 Qwerty54

Qwerty54
  • 221 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:48 AM

Nod32 protects the best. Use that.

#34 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:18 AM

I use Malwarebytes....better than Spybot anyway :p

#35 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:16 AM

Okay!. Avg is off the list....

#36 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:48 AM

Kaspersky ftw! Light and efficient. Period.

#37 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:00 AM

I don't use AntiVirus per se, but I have Avast! installed right now to learn it for work. We have to walk customers through scans so yeah. On my home machine I either use ClamWin (When scanning something form a torrent), but not much else. I mean, I never get viruses or spyware, just be smart about what you install and use firefox or chrome. And keep your Windows fairly up to date.

Or switch to Linux and quit worrying about viruses, lol. (Yes, I know there have been viruses for Linux, but please, they never really last long.)

#38 ((_Blade_))

((_Blade_))
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:43 PM

Nod32 lacks in the spyware/malware department currently...but its slowly catching up to Kaspersky in that respect. However, it does offer excellent virus detection rates with advanced heuristics turned on :)

If you're running vista/7, make sure UAC is on. It maybe annoying but it's your last line of defense against viruses/spyware/malware if your av fails to detect it

Current Tools of the Trade are:
HijackThis
SpyBot Search and Destroy
AV of your choice (Preferably Kav or Nod32; AVG if you're poor)

#39 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:49 PM

Nod32 lacks in the spyware/malware department currently...but its slowly catching up to Kaspersky in that respect. However, it does offer excellent virus detection rates with advanced heuristics turned on :)

If you're running vista/7, make sure UAC is on. It maybe annoying but it's your last line of defense against viruses/spyware/malware if your av fails to detect it

Current Tools of the Trade are:
HijackThis
SpyBot Search and Destroy
AV of your choice (Preferably Kav or Nod32; AVG if you're poor)

The tools of the trade are:
MalwayreBytes
Combofix
Avg of your choice

The following are optional:
Spybot SD
SuperAntiSpyware

Hijack this offers NO FUCKING PROTECTION. its designed for RECOVERY.

Kaspersky is nothing against spyware, and neither is Nod32. This is why they are called AV companies. The Malware module is just there to attract people.

I don't use AntiVirus per se, but I have Avast! installed right now to learn it for work. We have to walk customers through scans so yeah. On my home machine I either use ClamWin (When scanning something form a torrent), but not much else. I mean, I never get viruses or spyware, just be smart about what you install and use firefox or chrome. And keep your Windows fairly up to date.

Or switch to Linux and quit worrying about viruses, lol. (Yes, I know there have been viruses for Linux, but please, they never really last long.)

Rofl.... There are lots of unpatched vulnerabilities in linux. XD. And most "virus's" run like a normal program does.

#40 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:16 PM

Rofl.... There are lots of unpatched vulnerabilities in linux. XD. And most "virus's" run like a normal program does.

Yeah, but no one is worrying with them, lol. And tbh, I haven't found (like I could) or heard of many for a good little while now. And what do you mean most viruses run like a normal program? I mean, they are intrinsically programs (or DLLs/OCXs) themselves.

#41 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:20 PM

Yeah, but no one is worrying with them, lol. And tbh, I haven't found (like I could) or heard of many for a good little while now. And what do you mean most viruses run like a normal program? I mean, they are intrinsically programs (or DLLs/OCXs) themselves.

I mean, 90% of the "virus's" that infect a normal windows user are Rogue Anti-Virus's, which are just Programs that claim your infected (And download other virus's in the background) and try to get you to buy it. :p

Most virus's dont have to exploit things in Windows to work, They just do things from your Administrator account.....

#42 hahaman

hahaman
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:01 PM

for free ones,

i dumped avg a while back, it was getting bloated after 7.5

switched to avast. weird user interface, but works fine

as for firewall, ZA has given me more and more problems recently. just switched over to comodo last year

try avast + comodo or avg + comodo, and never forget spybot's update + immunisation

#43 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:53 PM

for free ones,

i dumped avg a while back, it was getting bloated after 7.5

switched to avast. weird user interface, but works fine

as for firewall, ZA has given me more and more problems recently. just switched over to comodo last year

try avast + comodo or avg + comodo, and never forget spybot's update + immunisation

Try Windows Firewall. Same EXACT thing, no issues. :)

#44 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:59 PM

Maybe true...but do you really trust windows for security?

#45 hahaman

hahaman
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:07 AM

nah i don't trust windows. comodo focuses on just that one job, and it does it great and is recognised as one of the best

windows.. jack of all trades.. master of any? no comments yet for me

maybe one day when more people comment positively i'll use it, but for now, nah

#46 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:24 AM

Maybe true...but do you really trust windows for security?

As a network security professional? Yes.

Netoworks are compromised by retarded users/administrators. Not by security flaws.

Windows Firewall works the same way, by every time an application requests network access, it asks you first. It denies all uninitiated incoming requests (Which your computer does anyways...it doesnt have anything to say, so it denies the request unless you have something running there to respond)

#47 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:36 PM

As a network security professional? Yes.

Netoworks are compromised by retarded users/administrators. Not by security flaws.

Windows Firewall works the same way, by every time an application requests network access, it asks you first. It denies all uninitiated incoming requests (Which your computer does anyways...it doesnt have anything to say, so it denies the request unless you have something running there to respond)

This is probably the only time I'm going to agree with you. Windows Firewall is most likely one of the few security programs Microsoft have done right. Windows Defender on the other hand can beg all it wants as I disable them through System Configuration (Security Center on Vista can go as well).

As for Anti-virus, I use Kaspersky and I'm very satisfied after dumping Norton when I got a new laptop. For freeware, AVG is the last one I'm going to try because I constantly hear about false-positives in their definitions but I guess you get what you pay for, right?

Adaware, I don't use it anymore and prefer Malwarebytes (Spybot is my alternative). I will admit that I haven't used any of them for almost a year since Google Chrome works well with a lining of Kaspersky to handle system threats that won't break out of Google Chrome anyways (nice to know what you get actually works regardless if the threat is isolated in a sandbox or open in the system).

Edited by Neoology, 13 November 2009 - 12:38 PM.

#48 Zala

Zala
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

NOD32 is probably one of the best for usage, it runs really smoothly on all my systems, from XP to 7 :)

You can download and find trial keys online too. All the best.

#49 am9

am9
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:35 PM

my friend introduced me to avira and i like it a lot. personally, i think it takes up much less space than avg. my computer does not lag as much.

#50 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:08 AM

I personally like bitdefender. It doesn't use that much cpu and it has a nifty game mode that doesn't bug me while I'm in games. I switched over from nod32 for some reason. I can't remember why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users