• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:00 PM

More generally, with great power comes great dEnergy/dt.

View the full article

#2 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:23 AM

Usually they walk a tight rope of nerdy/funny. This crossed into nerdy territory with a vague pop reference to try to make it funny.

Didn't do so well.

#3 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:50 AM

Usually they walk a tight rope of nerdy/funny. This crossed into nerdy territory with a vague pop reference to try to make it funny.

Didn't do so well.

Ya the last 5 or so have been pretty bad.
The one about cereal was extremely similar to a SMBC comic done a longggggg time ago

#4 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:38 AM

xkcd has its hits and misses. I personally like basketcase comics. They are usually always hits. Check this one out for example:

Posted Image

I also like http://ibroketheinter.net:
Posted Image

:rofl:

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:48 AM

I don't get either of those. :p I'm guessing the second one is a maths/physics one though, which is probably why I don't get it.

#6 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:56 AM

I don't get either of those. :p I'm guessing the second one is a maths/physics one though, which is probably why I don't get it.

The first one has the S.S. Minnow on it which is the boat that Gilligan, the Skipper, and the rest of the crew were on before they got marooned on the island that came to be known as Gilligan's Island. The second one has to do with Edsger Dijkstra, who is famous for his shortest path algorithm, among other things, commonly called Dijkstra's algorithm. The license plate has Dijkstra on it and the model of the car is a pathfinder :p.

#7 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:18 PM

The first one has the S.S. Minnow on it which is the boat that Gilligan, the Skipper, and the rest of the crew were on before they got marooned on the island that came to be known as Gilligan's Island. The second one has to do with Edsger Dijkstra, who is famous for his shortest path algorithm, among other things, commonly called Dijkstra's algorithm. The license plate has Dijkstra on it and the model of the car is a pathfinder :p.

That'll be why I didn't get either of them then. :p I've never seen Gilligan's Island or heard of a pathfinder car or that guy's algorithm. :p

#8 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:19 PM

That'll be why I didn't get either of them then. :p I've never seen Gilligan's Island or heard of a pathfinder car or that guy's algorithm. :p

Poor Britain, so deprived!

Posted Image

Oct 24 07

Posted Image

Like a week ago

dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn

#9 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:28 AM

*tries to imagine life without understanding Gilligan's Island references. Cannot.*
Posted Image

#10 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:57 AM

*tries to imagine life without understanding Gilligan's Island references. Cannot.*
Posted Image

Its a really cool life actually. Rather then laughing when people make those references. You just slowly shake your head and sigh. It has a profound effect.

#11 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:01 AM

Its a really cool life actually. Rather then laughing when people make those references. You just slowly shake your head and sigh. It has a profound effect.

But in order to shake your head and sigh, you must have understood the reference :p.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users