• 513 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:27 AM

Lol, don't they have other fish to fry? 0o

#3 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:33 AM

Zomg. Its going to move the moon :(. Soon we wont have any tides. The world is going to end!

They come up with interesting ways of doing things at NASA :p

#4 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:45 AM

Sheesh so if there is ice there then what?

#5 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:54 AM

The size of the hole will be about 29 meters in diameter and 5 meters deep. It is, quite frankly, something that is laughed upon by most people I've spoken to about the subject. To be honest, we've kind of strayed away from the moon since 1969, because we haven't been able to go there again. Much of the resources that I've seen NASA use is in regards to Mars and the rover.

The Moon has no atmosphere and we're merely taking a guess that there is water in these places as there is excess amount of Hydrogen. It's a stupid experiment and we have more important things to do in my opinion.

Edited by Bryan, 08 October 2009 - 12:01 PM.

#6 Qwerty54

Qwerty54
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:47 PM

Nasa! Your supposed to put a secret moon base on the moon so you can shoot the earth! Not the other way around....

Silly Geniouses :D

In all seriousness, this is one of the dumbest "experiments" i've heard of in a while.

#7 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:24 PM

WTF, this is doomsday come early. Don't they realise it could shift the moon's orbit and cause even more tidal waves?

*shakes head at NASA*

Einstien would be shaking his fist at them!

#8 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:27 PM

WTF, this is doomsday come early. Don't they realise it could shift the moon's orbit and cause even more tidal waves?

*shakes head at NASA*

Einstien would be shaking his fist at them!

Nah. Meteors hit it all the time. Granted they dont Explode...

#9 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:59 PM

The moon gets hit by space rocks traveling at those speeds all of the time, it poses no risk. The only reason we're doing it is so we can hit a specific crater at a specific angle.

Why are we wasting our time on the moon? :( We should be trying to get some astronauts on Mars.

#10 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:05 PM

The moon gets hit by space rocks traveling at those speeds all of the time, it poses no risk. The only reason we're doing it is so we can hit a specific crater at a specific angle.

Why are we wasting our time on the moon? :( We should be trying to get some astronauts on Mars.

Pfft. Nasa has the commercial deadline set at 2020...

But, they live plenty of rovers all over mars right now... Its just the time issue we are working on

And Fucking Obama fails to understand the billions of dollars we can save by going to mars :( So. He cuts funding like a retard.

Edited by iargue, 08 October 2009 - 04:06 PM.

#11 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:26 PM

Pfft. Nasa has the commercial deadline set at 2020...

But, they live plenty of rovers all over mars right now... Its just the time issue we are working on

And Fucking Obama fails to understand the billions of dollars we can save by going to mars :( So. He cuts funding like a retard.

You're clearly misinformed. There is no commercial deadline set for the moon. The top scientists right now cannot figure out how to get back to the moon. In fact, the only 'deadline' we have is to attempt to GET BACK to the moon by 2020, which is what the budget that Obama approved will attempt to do.

We don't have plenty of rovers all over Mars right now. We have two rovers, that have been on the planet for about 5 years and traveled about 10 miles.

#12 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:02 PM

You're clearly misinformed. There is no commercial deadline set for the moon. The top scientists right now cannot figure out how to get back to the moon. In fact, the only 'deadline' we have is to attempt to GET BACK to the moon by 2020, which is what the budget that Obama approved will attempt to do.

We don't have plenty of rovers all over Mars right now. We have two rovers, that have been on the planet for about 5 years and traveled about 10 miles.

Maybe I am misinformed about sending Humans to the moon, even though that is NASA's plan, but I know for a Fact that Obama is slashing NASA's budget, and plans to do so in the future. Its a great source of income to fund is National Healthcare. Instead of cutting the ATV improvement department.

And, I consider 2 rovers plenty... Its more then anyone else has. 10 miles for a thing that tiny is great movement, and its sent in shitload of data.

The issue they are having it not getting to the moon (Though, we havent devoloped the New space shuttle that we designed to take us their. We could still get their in the old one. It just sucks).

Were not getting back to the moon. We are planning on landing their and staying. We have everything, including a mini nuclear reactor setup. Really its beta testing. For a space mission, thats 5-10 years. NOTHING can go wrong.

#13 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:11 PM

Maybe I am misinformed about sending Humans to the moon, even though that is NASA's plan, but I know for a Fact that Obama is slashing NASA's budget, and plans to do so in the future. Its a great source of income to fund is National Healthcare. Instead of cutting the ATV improvement department.

And, I consider 2 rovers plenty... Its more then anyone else has. 10 miles for a thing that tiny is great movement, and its sent in shitload of data.

The issue they are having it not getting to the moon (Though, we havent devoloped the New space shuttle that we designed to take us their. We could still get their in the old one. It just sucks).

Were not getting back to the moon. We are planning on landing their and staying. We have everything, including a mini nuclear reactor setup. Really its beta testing. For a space mission, thats 5-10 years. NOTHING can go wrong.

Obama just approved funding for NASA to launch to the moon in 2020.

2 rovers that have been there and done less than THEMIS.

We're not planning on landing there and staying, we can't even figure out how to land on the moon safely. It's not BETA testing, our tools are too accurate to the point where we cannot definitely say it's safe to land on the moon. We know that the moon landing in 1969 was a fluke and even duplicating everything that they did would give a fail for launch.

You're not going to argue with me about this. I'm working on my Senior thesis right now for creating a viable landing situation for the space shuttle. Anything you say is going to be random shit spewed out from Google trying to make you sound intelligent. I strongly urge you to give up speaking about anything on this topic. I don't care if you argue anything else. This is something that I know for a fact you will NEVER have more knowledge about than me.

#14 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:19 PM

Obama just approved funding for NASA to launch to the moon in 2020.

2 rovers that have been there and done less than THEMIS.

We're not planning on landing there and staying, we can't even figure out how to land on the moon safely. It's not BETA testing, our tools are too accurate to the point where we cannot definitely say it's safe to land on the moon. We know that the moon landing in 1969 was a fluke and even duplicating everything that they did would give a fail for launch.

You're not going to argue with me about this. I'm working on my Senior thesis right now for creating a viable landing situation for the space shuttle. Anything you say is going to be random shit spewed out from Google trying to make you sound intelligent. I strongly urge you to give up speaking about anything on this topic. I don't care if you argue anything else. This is something that I know for a fact you will NEVER have more knowledge about than me.

Whats your major?

And, I'm not sure what THEMIS

http://www.nasa.gov/...main/index.html

Has anything to do with Mars? We are not looking at space weather.

Edited by iargue, 08 October 2009 - 10:26 PM.

#15 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:01 AM

Whats your major?

And, I'm not sure what THEMIS

http://www.nasa.gov/...main/index.html

Has anything to do with Mars? We are not looking at space weather.

Aerospace Engineering, the same as Cam I believe.

http://themis.asu.edu/

I do believe the THEMIS camera was able to determine that there was indeed visible Water Ice on the Mars surface.

Again I say not to try and Google things to sound intelligent.

Edited by Bryan, 09 October 2009 - 12:03 AM.

#16 Eskimo

Eskimo
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:27 AM

That's pimp!

#17 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:30 AM

Cam's doing electronic engineering I thought. I tend to remember since that's John's degree.

He may be, I just remember him asking about some internship I did.

#18 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:00 AM

Cam's doing electronic engineering I thought. I tend to remember since that's John's degree.

SL? Yeah. Hes electrical engineer.

I was wondering about Bryan

#19 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:49 AM

Dang I missed the bombing of the moon :( Could you see an explosion?
Can you still see the dust?

#20 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:51 AM

Dang I missed the bombing of the moon :( Could you see an explosion?
Can you still see the dust?

Newp

Here you can have some picture.

http://www.nasa.gov/...edia/index.html

#21 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:56 AM

I wouldnt have been able to see it anywho - FAR to many clouds!! But if anyonefinds any good pics please link! Im allways facinated by all things Lunar O.O

#22 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:08 AM

Watch their coverage here

It was kinda lame :|

Edited by iargue, 09 October 2009 - 09:09 AM.

#23 Xcisor

Xcisor
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:51 PM

Why are human's retarded?

#24 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2009 - 02:58 PM

Why are human's retarded?

You mean like the ones that put apostrophes in plurals instead of possessives?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users