• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#1 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:37 AM

This document is a must-read for all new ABrosia users and should tackle the most frequently asked questions about ABrosia

Q: I can't log in! I put my Neopets username and password into the gray box and it won't let me log in...

A: The gray box that says "Mumei's Codex Checker" is designed to make sure that the people using ABrosia are indeed members of Neocodex. Enter your Neocodex into that box and you'll be on your way to using ABrosia

Q: Why can't I lower my buy times/decrease pause between refreshes/select a shop/decrease amount of time spent in a shop?

A: This is a reward set aside for the members who have stuck around and contributed. In order to change these settings, you need to reach a ranking of Advanced or VIP.

Q: How do I become an Advanced member?

A: You can pay $5 for a month of Advanced status, $13.50 for three months of Advanced status (10% off) or $24.00 for six months of Advanced status (20% off) here. You can also contribute to the forum and be nominated by existing Advanced+ members (making around 400-500 posts is a rough guideline)

Q: Can I load a list of items and operate in a single shop?

A: Absolutely... BUT the dynamic and accurate nature of the item database makes the networked mode much more reliable.

Q: Can I browse the Neopets site/use another autoplayer while running ABrosia?

A: NO! This is a really bad plan for the following reasons:
1. Neopets only allows you to have 1 browser on Neopets at a time, and all Neocodex's programs are treated as separate browsers. Either ABrosia, the autoplayer, or your actual browser will actually get logged out.
2. Doing too many things at once sends up red flags on TNT's end. If you're getting good buy times at the same time as you're playing flash games, it looks illegitimate, and has a decent chance of getting you frozen.

Q: What are networked restock lists?

A: While in shops, ABrosia is constantly updating its list of items to buy based on the Item Database. This means that you will have the freshest buy list of any other autobuyer user. With none of the work.

Q: It's been X minutes/hours, why haven't I got anything yet?

A: There's a few possibilities for this one, so I'll list them as appropriate
1. You've gotten logged out... see the above question
2. You haven't caught a good restock yet. ABrosia is an excellent program, but cannot predict when a shop will restock. It's possible that you just haven't caught any profitable items when you refreshed in a shop.
3. ABrosia saw a restock, but none of the items met your buying preferences... thus nothing was bought.
Patience is a virtue... remember that you'll have good days and bad days restocking and you'll be fine.

Q: What is a restock(RS) ban?

A: An RS ban is when TNT decides to let you know that you will not be doing any more item buying for the day. You will no longer see items in any of the main shops.

Q: How can I avoid an RS ban?

A: Restock bans are unavoidable. If you're refreshing in shops long enough, you'll be RS banned. It can happen as quickly as a few minutes, and take as long as several hours to take effect.

Q: How long does an RS ban last?

A: It's variable. The most common times are 12 hours, 24 hours, and 48 hours.

Q: How long should I run ABrosia?

A: This comes down to a judgment call, really, but there's one thing we can all agree on: It is NOT a good idea to leave ABrosia buying non-stop 24/7. When you're making this decision, think about how much time you (or a normal person) could spend actually parked in front of the computer refreshing shops. For many users, that's only a few hours, for others, it's a couple 2-hour sessions. Play around with the scheduler and find a schedule that doesn't leave you on all the time, but fulfills your autobuying needs.

Final note - if you have to err, err on the side of caution and AB less.

Q: I have checked off to automatically put the items in my shop and price them. But its not doing that. Any help?

A: ABrosia is only programmed to run a deposit/pricing/till withdraw cycle after about 45-60 minutes. If you haven't run it that long, then it won't stock/price.

Q: If I buy a UB item with ABrosia and I have it sending everything to my shop, what will it do with it?

A: If ABrosia attempts to price an item that cannot be found on the shopwiz, the price will default to 0. You just need to go into your shop, remove it, then do with it as you please.

Q: If something worth buying is more expensive than what you have on hand, will Abrosia withdraw money from the bank to buy it?

A: ABrosia only withdraws money from till. You need to make sure that you have enough money on hand/in till to cover your daily spending

Q: When I close ABrosia, it tells me there's an error. What does that mean?

A: It means exactly what it sounds like! ABrosia encountered an error, and that little dialogue is telling you to tell us there's a problem. Your first step will be to find the error log, which will be located in your install folder and be named ABrosia.exe.txt . Take that and open it up, then head to ABrosia's Tracker Thread and see if anyone else is having the same problem as you. If noone else displays the same problem, then please post that log plus any additional information you can give us on what went wrong, and we'll do our best to resolve the problem.

If you want to be really helpful and expedite your problem getting solved, then create a debug log (XP Instructions Vista Instructions)

Q: Will my Neopets themes interfere with my ability to use this program?

A: Yes. For now, Abrosia can only handle the basic themes. Please change your theme to basic before running the program.

***I'm going to go browse around the ABrosia thread looking for more FAQ's... I'll be updating this as I find them... I just wanted to get a Beta out there***

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:34 AM

Love the work. So amour put out so you had to match him huh :p
Nice its useful stuff.

#3 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:08 AM

Love the work. So amour put out so you had to match him huh :p
Nice its useful stuff.

I've seen Dro and SLink request this many times... it should HOPEFULLY cut down on the amount of repeat questions in the ABrosia thread (I can only hope)

Not to mention that I've been meaning to do this for a while.

#4 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:37 AM

great job on the faq, if theres anything you need help on concerning this, testing of things or whatever, you know how to reach me :)

#5 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:27 AM

Just a suggestion but try putting each set of Q+A into a code box or something as it's pretty fugly as a wall of text :p.

I'm sure it will help out the nubs though.

#6 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:16 AM

Just a suggestion but try putting each set of Q+A into a code box or something as it's pretty fugly as a wall of text :p.

I'm sure it will help out the nubs though.

I tried code boxes

It's hideous.

I'll toy with formatting once I get all the questions I'm including.

#7 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:23 AM

Try a different text colour every line like this

Question
Answer

Question
Answer

#8 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:32 AM

Putting questions in bold and answers in italics looks ok I think. Just tried it :p....and you're right, the code boxes were a bad idea.

#9 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:08 AM

Putting questions in bold and answers in italics looks ok I think. Just tried it :p....and you're right, the code boxes were a bad idea.

lol what a fierce discussion over something without any importance XD

colours get my pick :p or the answers underlined so they seperate between the other questions

#10 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:15 AM

I prefer this as well. Avoid colors as much as possible. It makes things look childish.

#11 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:26 AM

Perhaps we could simply make an html page containing this information with anchors?

#12 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:50 PM

thanks. I didn't know the the theme on the site would affect it at all. Now I put it on basic.

#13 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

thanks. I didn't know the the theme on the site would affect it at all. Now I put it on basic.

what I did; I set the theme to basic, and then used a GM script that allows me to use whatever theme, but doesnt actually applies it to your settings :) that way you can use your fav theme, AND get the ABer to recognise it as basic :)

#14 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:17 PM

what I did; I set the theme to basic, and then used a GM script that allows me to use whatever theme, but doesnt actually applies it to your settings :) that way you can use your fav theme, AND get the ABer to recognise it as basic :)

Also if your account that had a badass theme got frozen, you can still have the theme ^_^

#15 Eliowns

Eliowns
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:59 PM

Hello could you please help me?
I downloaded Amrosia. But it seems it will only restock the plushie shop.
How do i set it to where i can restock different shops.
I have looked in setting and Found the button for Visit Specific Shops but
i cannot click it :(
Please help!

#16 JimmyRecard

JimmyRecard
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:34 PM

Kitsune it was an honest but stupid mistake by a newbie, no need to get angry... though truth be told it does annoy me (the newbie, not you).

JCR awesome FAQ btw. I know you said it is unwise to log into neopets and have abrosia running at the same time but can you use an autoplayer like snow wars and have abrosia running at the same time, or are they seperate browsers?

#17 Guest_MissMurder_*

Guest_MissMurder_*

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:41 PM

Nice FAQ Jemmy :)
You should probably add that running this 24/7 is a bad idea :D

#18 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:46 PM

Kitsune it was an honest but stupid mistake by a newbie, no need to get angry... though truth be told it does annoy me (the newbie, not you).

Honest mistake my ass, the FAQ was made for that exact reason, to stop questions from being repeatedly asked everyday. I would expect that question to pop up in the Abrosia topic, but coming to a topic in which it explains the question in detail and still ask anyways is just showing us that you just blindly post.

#19 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:55 PM

JCR awesome FAQ btw. I know you said it is unwise to log into neopets and have abrosia running at the same time but can you use an autoplayer like snow wars and have abrosia running at the same time, or are they seperate browsers?

All programs and browsers are treated as separate browsers... so yeah... you can try but one will get logged out

You should probably add that running this 24/7 is a bad idea :D

I'm debating this one, lol. I'm trying to keep people from asking dumb questions, not from being frozen ^_^

I think some people need to learn about program abuse leading to icing first-hand just like I have...

#20 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

Read the fucking FAQ and your answer is right there in the second question down with the answer that you need to be an advanced member to be able to change certain settings, including the setting which controls what shop you're restocking in.

Don't post in a damn FAQ topic without actually reading the FAQ. Reason being - you'll look like a moron.

<3

#21 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:11 PM

Phrase it as "How long should I run Abrosia for?"

That IS a common question. Just make sure to make a couple different suggestions depending on the circumstances of the user.

I added it.

Also clarified the Abrosia/APers/Browsers information

#22 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:33 PM

There are a few people who might get the .ocx file error and might come to ask about it not knowing what to do, adding something about it to the FAQ it would be a good idea, just in case.

#23 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:56 PM

There are a few people who might get the .ocx file error and might come to ask about it not knowing what to do, adding something about it to the FAQ it would be a good idea, just in case.

So you think I should add that advanced information to my scoresender guide?

And not the ABrosia FAQ?

#24 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:17 PM

So you think I should add that advanced information to my scoresender guide?

And not the ABrosia FAQ?

Eh I guess, seeing as the problem is mainly resonating there.

#25 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:08 AM

I think this should be closed and pinned or something, that will keep users from looking very silly :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users