Neopets Reselling Guide

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Ghostface

Ghostface
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:47 AM

Neopets Reselling Guide

Reselling is buying items at a discounted price from other users and selling them on at a higher price than you paid.
Usually the items commonly resold are rarity 99, morphing potions, transmogrification potions, and paintbrushes.

Beginner Reselling :

So you want to begin reselling to make a good amount of Neopoints, but you don't seem to have enough to start buying stuff in the first place?
Well I believe the best item to start with is a full set of Codestones. Go to the shop wizard and look for all of the them, buy them for as cheap as possible.
Once you have a few sets put them in trades for around 45k. You should not pay more then 30k for all the Codestones. The reason people buy them for 45k is well they are too lazy to go buy them separate for the avatar. (prices may differ on plot/war inflation)

Other items to look for are Neggs, only buy them for around 1250 Neopoints per token, so 2500 for a Purple Negg, and 7500 for a Ultra Icy Negg. So on and so on. Then know which Neggs to buy do you math, usually Cool Neggs, Ferocious Neggs, Sneggs, and Super Neggs provide consistent profit.

One other thing you can do is go on the shop wizard, look for commonly used stat increase-rs like, Bomberry Elixir, Essence of Drackonack, Energising Elixir, Silver Knight Negg, and Bubbling Fungus (Fungus is usually UB though). Then once you bought up all the cheap ones go on the trading post and toss them up for average price for a relatively simple profit.

Advanced Reselling :

So now you made a little bit of moola and want to get the ball rolling for some real profits. It is now time to become acquainted with the Trading / Auctions board. Start by looking for desperate sellers, they usually will be found on topics like "Reseller buying with pure" try to spot them out and send them a Neomail with the price you want to pay.

Now before you do that learn the prices of things you're going to be buying. Lets start with paintbrushes, ignore all buyable paint brushes, also ignore all basic colors. If the brushes are under 200k offer up 80-100k. Then move on to mid level paintbrushes like, Checkered, Shadow, Spotted, Skunk, Rainbow, Electric Blue, Disco Fever, and Strawberry Fields. Look up on the trading post for there current prices then Deduct 50k for every 100k under 500k. Keep in mind a few of these fluctuate often.

Moving on to the high end paintbrushes look out for Baby, Darigan, Royal, Fire, Usuki, Lutari, Halloween, Grey, Mystery Island, Maraquan, Pirate, Desert Pink, and Orange. The pricing on these differ by quite a bit from each other but generally try to offer 100k less then trading post price for anything around 800k, 200k less for anything around 1-1.2 mill, 400k less for anything around 2-2.4 mill, and the ones over 4 mill try to figure out a price yourself they are commonly not sold on reseller boards anyways.

Morphing Potions, same basic concept with these as paintbrushes. Ignore all basic colors or pay no more then 100k for them (does not apply to limited edition). Also make sure you check the shop wizard some Morphing Potions are buyable due to Tarla such as, Split Lenny, Green Uni, Orange Koi. When buying them remember that Morphing Potions are usually harder to sell then paintbrushes, so make sure you offers compensate for that. Always do extremely low offers on any potion not rarity 99, avoid un-priced ones as well. Any potion whose trading post price is over 2 mill offer no more then 1 mill (always try 800k first). Morphing Potions also take patience they can take over a week to sell sometimes, but you can generally make massive profits if done right.

If you items don't sell within about a week for full price or near it, go to boards and again and try to get at least what you paid for, but remember everyone takes losses some times. Also don't bother with Morphing Potions or mid level paintbrushes if you only have enough Neopoints for one item. Try to stay consistent and do selling rotations of at least 3 items. Always avoid any other type of items unless you are highly patient and highly confident. (Battledome items are an exception, along with some stamps and books.)

Edited by Ghostface, 17 October 2009 - 01:47 AM.

#2 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:13 AM

This is useful to me. I've been buying up MPs for the flip and have had a bit of trouble reselling, so I've been going the patient route.

I'll try heavy advertising on the boards once I get a good "stock"

#3 Daniel#1

Daniel#1
  • 550 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:46 AM

+ Rep
It's a very nice guide, I try and resell sometimes and this guide will definitely help out anybody who's trying to get into it. It's a very profitable thing to do especially if you don't have the connection to keep up with people rsing.

#4 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:48 AM

Man I always wanted to know how to resell. People get buys of like 50% then selling price called "resellers price" I don't get how the seller benefits from that at all :(

#5 Daniel#1

Daniel#1
  • 550 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:05 PM

Yea, people have no patience selling it themselves, so they sell it as fast as they can. If you ask me it's pretty dumb because they end up losing alot from that.

Edited by Daniel#1, 18 October 2009 - 01:06 PM.

#6 Ghostface

Ghostface
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:36 PM

Most of the people who sell for that usually end up restocking it and don't care as long as they get profit. Or they are just really impatient.

#7 Daniel#1

Daniel#1
  • 550 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:40 PM

Most of the people who sell for that usually end up restocking it and don't care as long as they get profit. Or they are just really impatient.

Yea, when I rs something I do usually just wanna sell it because I look at what I paid for and it's still a huge profit for me.

#8 sealonfire

sealonfire
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

+1 rep. Nice guide. Sometimes I'm leave with no choice because people undercut each other by a lot. Something that goes 200K. Person A undercuts 10k and so on, 5 people undercutting each other and the price becomes approx 160K. Well it is still a profit.

#9 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:58 PM

Nice guide!

Question, what would you suggest if we pick up an item that no one else is offering in the TP but has been priced in the item DB? Sit on it and wait for it to inflate? Offer it at a higher price than what it was in the item DB? None of the above?

#10 Ghostface

Ghostface
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:24 PM

Id suggest avoiding it unless it is R99 and there is very few in galleries. If you do buy it try to throw it up on TP and give it your own price maybe you'll get lucky.

#11 Amour

Amour
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

I get shit tons of r99 plushies that are worth millions but I'm too damned impatient to try and sell them for that much so I just put them in my shop for 99999. Any tips on how to make more than that from those stupid things?

#12 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:47 PM

Id suggest avoiding it unless it is R99 and there is very few in galleries. If you do buy it try to throw it up on TP and give it your own price maybe you'll get lucky.

Yes, it's R99 and a BD item, and its database price is like 1.5mil. It was something ABrosia grabbed for me. I was thinking about sticking it up for way more since there's no one there to argue the price.

I get shit tons of r99 plushies that are worth millions but I'm too damned impatient to try and sell them for that much so I just put them in my shop for 99999. Any tips on how to make more than that from those stupid things?

Not the OP, but I'd suggest auctioning them? if they're worth millions, you can stick them up for slightly less and people will have a bidding war over it. It'll get you at least half of what you deserve.

#13 Amour

Amour
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

Not the OP, but I'd suggest auctioning them? if they're worth millions, you can stick them up for slightly less and people will have a bidding war over it. It'll get you at least half of what you deserve.

Well I tried doing that actually. And no one ever bids. I leave it up for at least 48 hours and not a single bid. I can't even get 200k off of them. I don't know why plushies don't sell since so many people have plushie galleries.

I've even gotten one of those brand spankin new Lutari dolls from that new plot before it was even out. I think I was like the only one who had it. No one wanted it. Sold it for 99999. I guess I just suck at UB restocking. I imagine some people make a pretty nice profit off of me.

But thanks for the advise!

#14 Amour

Amour
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

Edit: Aww dude double posted on accident again. Does this ever happen to anyone else? I try to post and it gives me an error so I click the back button and send it again. Sorry!

Edited by Amour, 19 October 2009 - 05:02 PM.

#15 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:35 PM

I'd say post on the boards to see if there's any interest? I think a lot of stuff go ignored because there isn't.

I understand your pain though. AB snagged an UB and I had no interest from the TP. I stuck it in the shop for 99k and no one's bought it yet. It doesn't bother me that much since it was only going on the TP for 105k anyway and a 5k loss isn't significant in the face of the almighty Abrosia.

#16 Amour

Amour
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:24 PM

I'd say post on the boards to see if there's any interest? I think a lot of stuff go ignored because there isn't.

I understand your pain though. AB snagged an UB and I had no interest from the TP. I stuck it in the shop for 99k and no one's bought it yet. It doesn't bother me that much since it was only going on the TP for 105k anyway and a 5k loss isn't significant in the face of the almighty Abrosia.

Haha yeah. I actually do that a lot with UBs. Especially pinatas and lab map pieces.

#17 shesamessx

shesamessx
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

I price my items for a quick sale when I restock at the Igloo. Sometimes they don't sell right away, sometimes they do.

Usually, it's the former, though. Even when they are like 1k under the price xP. I'm talking about buyables, by the way haha.

Recently, I saw someone with a Green Ixi MP for 99,99 np in their shop and I was debating about grabbing it, but I waited for a while and no one seemed interested, so I backed out. I'm sure if someone had the patience, that'd be a great buy, but I didn't haha.

#18 Ghostface

Ghostface
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:31 PM

Plushies are generally really hard to sell they take about a week on average. Mainly because they provide no use other then sitting a gallery.

Recently, I saw someone with a Green Ixi MP for 99,99 np in their shop and I was debating about grabbing it, but I waited for a while and no one seemed interested, so I backed out. I'm sure if someone had the patience, that'd be a great buy, but I didn't haha.

Basic colored morphing potion almost never sell for the true price even most gallery owners wont buy them for full because they know no one wants them and they sell for 125k max to resellers. LE basic color morphing potion are different however. Koi and Tonu ones are pretty cheap though so be careful.

Kyuu PM me the name of the item? It be easier for me to help you out.

#19 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:37 PM

I was gonna say... you can usually get at least one nub to grab an item that's overpriced on the TP to pick up a shop item by posting a thread in the Trading Post saying "UB in my shop! Get it quick!"

It should be off your hands in about 10 minutes with a few bumps

#20 sealonfire

sealonfire
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:46 AM

I was gonna say... you can usually get at least one nub to grab an item that's overpriced on the TP to pick up a shop item by posting a thread in the Trading Post saying "UB in my shop! Get it quick!"

It should be off your hands in about 10 minutes with a few bumps

I'm gonna try it.

#21 draiktaer

draiktaer
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:22 PM

Great guide, I just have one question. How much money is enough to start advance reseling? I have 650,000 neopoints. should I stay with the codestones for a bit longer, or move on to something else???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users