Photo

Abrosia User Manual

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:02 AM

I wrote an in-depth Abrosia User Manual for you guys to use, this is not a guide, rather than a guide, its a manual with explanations about certain features in the current release.

Attached Files

#2 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:27 AM

Hey its really nice :) thankyou! +rep!

#3 unigirl

unigirl
  • 513 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:32 AM

Thanks for that =) Sounds really helpfull.

#4 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:33 AM

Hey its really nice :) thankyou! +rep!

Thank you :) my first rep :)

I'm gonna frame this on my wall XD

Notes for next version:
  • Fix page 7 Double 3's
  • Mention more limitations of non advanced users
  • Waser Lave's laserwave beneith my post.
  • -reserved for suggestions-

Edited by ArticTheTiger, 20 October 2009 - 05:57 AM.

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:50 AM

Just a few little things I noticed when glancing through it, Neopets and Abrosia should be capitalised throughout, there's a few instances of using "its" rather than "it's" (and some others with unnecessary apostrophes) and on page 6 you've missed the n on "own" and page 10 "immediately" is spelled wrong. Also, the database is updated thousands of times a day rather than hundreds. :p

You might also want to mention how people gain V.I.P status too since I'd imagine that is one of the most common question people might ask.

Good job.

#6 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:58 AM

Just a few little things I noticed when glancing through it, Neopets and Abrosia should be capitalised throughout, there's a few instances of using "its" rather than "it's" (and some others with unnecessary apostrophes) and on page 6 you've missed the n on "own" and page 10 "immediately" is spelled wrong. Also, the database is updated thousands of times a day rather than hundreds. :p

You might also want to mention how people gain V.I.P status too since I'd imagine that is one of the most common question people might ask.

Good job.

Thanks alot for your comment, I will update it along with the other updates.

#7 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:16 AM

Thanks for reminding me. That should probably go in the FAQ as well. I forgot that VIP is demi-live?

#8 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:26 AM

Thanks for reminding me. That should probably go in the FAQ as well. I forgot that VIP is demi-live?

Well it looks like somebody has already paid for V.I.P access so all the elements of it are live it just hasn't been announced or anything yet and at the moment I think only the Abrosia part is really set up to go.

#9 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:59 AM

Well it looks like somebody has already paid for V.I.P access so all the elements of it are live it just hasn't been announced or anything yet and at the moment I think only the Abrosia part is really set up to go.

What exactly are the profits of VIP besides Abrosia? any advantages to vip compared to advanced posters?

#10 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:07 AM

What exactly are the profits of VIP besides Abrosia? any advantages to vip compared to advanced posters?

It hasn't been fully decided on yet, at the moment I think it'll be something like full Abrosia, NeoLogs and access to the restock list generator in the item db along with access to additional functions on some projects which are scheduled for release soon.

#11 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:21 AM

Thank you :) my first rep :)

I'm gonna frame this on my wall XD

Now you got five. XD

#12 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:45 AM

Now you got five. XD

Woot, I feel appreciated and part of a greater good known as NeoCodex :D

#13 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:20 PM

It says file damaged when I try to click on it.. O_o

jk, got it to work.

glad you got it to work :) be sure to leave some feedback if you have any :)

#14 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:26 PM

Last night I magically got abrosia to cycle through the shop ID's I had set... now it just chills in one shop and I can't get it to switch unless I just set one shop ID in the box... any idea why it's doing this?

Also, what shops are the best to AB in for a new account? I have plenty of np... but I haven't played neo since like '99... damn.. that was ten years ago... woah. Anyways... things have changed quite a bit... any tips for a newbie ABer with plenty of np?

+1 on the guide. :)

Have you set the "minutes to spend in each shop" higher? check the guide page 7, number 4

I am no expert in new accounts unfortunately, so I can't help on that one.

#15 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

I set it lower! Down to 20 minutes in fact.

Hmm, weird, in that case I'd submit a bug report.

#16 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:47 PM

I may have to do that.. on a side to anyone... don't set that refresh shop rate below 2.0-4.0 or expect RS ban. I have been tweaking the times and that seems to be a threshold.... but at 2.0-4.0 I haven't gotten RS banned yet. *knocks on wood*

Lol, well good luck with your problem :p

#17 shesamessx

shesamessx
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:53 PM

Very nice guide so far. Still checking it out, though I think the whole thing will be nice xD

#18 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:55 PM

Very nice guide so far. Still checking it out, though I think the whole thing will be nice xD

thanks alot :) your avi is awesome btw XD

#19 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

Last night I magically got abrosia to cycle through the shop ID's I had set... now it just chills in one shop and I can't get it to switch unless I just set one shop ID in the box... any idea why it's doing this?

Also, what shops are the best to AB in for a new account? I have plenty of np... but I haven't played neo since like '99... damn.. that was ten years ago... woah. Anyways... things have changed quite a bit... any tips for a newbie ABer with plenty of np?

+1 on the guide. :)

Did you use your faerie to sprinkle more magic on your computer? Its a common issue. Sometimes you use up all the magic. Just add some more, and your good to go!

#20 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:19 PM

Did you use your faerie to sprinkle more magic on your computer? Its a common issue. Sometimes you use up all the magic. Just add some more, and your good to go!

best.answer.ever.coming.from.a.programmer.

#21 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

Yeah... where do I RS magic to make this thing work?

P.S. You know you play neo too much when you spell fairy as 'faerie'.

I dont play neo. I just read this board way to much :(

#22 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:51 PM

I'll be having some free time today; which program should I tackle next?

#23 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:13 PM

I'll be having some free time today; which program should I tackle next?

I wish you where a Jr. Programmer :(. I see great potential in you!

Do the Kad Feeder. That the second biggest program we have :p

Edited by iargue, 21 October 2009 - 11:15 PM.

#24 shesamessx

shesamessx
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:12 AM

thanks alot :) your avi is awesome btw XD

Haha thanks xD.

That made me lol xD

#25 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:40 AM

I wish you where a Jr. Programmer :(. I see great potential in you!

Do the Kad Feeder. That the second biggest program we have :p

I know mate... I wish so too, but we'll see how that turns out.

I will do the kad feeder next by request. I have no internet atm though cause i needed the cable for a pc I am currently fixing (I'm on my phone right now)

I know mate... I wish so too, but we'll see how that turns out.

I will do the kad feeder next by request. I have no internet atm though cause i needed the cable for a pc I am currently fixing (I'm on my phone right now)

sorry that I ended up not doing it today, DEFINATELY tomorrow if nothing important pops up, I am generally bored at work, but this time I lost internet cause someone needed a service pack installed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users