[Guide] Best Single-store Restocking Locations

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:16 PM

POPULAR POST!

So if you could only restock in one place, where would it be?

Abrosia gives you the option to let it jump around and import from the database or to create your own restock list, which can be generated from the Item DB. Why would you want to restock in one location/use this guide? Here are a few good reasons:

• Abrosia does not predict restocks, only catches them and buys items. You can potentially make a greater profit in one store than if you let it jump around randomly.
  • It seems more plausible for a restocker to memorize profitable items for one store than for many, especially if they are a first time restocker. So if you restock in only one store, it adds a layer of believability to ABing.
  • When you get to become an advanced member, you can specify which shops to restock at. This is the list of the places with the most number of profitable items.
Here's the list :)

Posted Image

Column 1: store ID
Column 2: approx. number of items that'll get >5k in profit according to the item DB
Column 3: approx. number of items that'll get >10k in profit according to the item DB
Column 4: approx. number of items that'll get >50k in profit according to the item DB
Column 5: approx. number of UB restocked in shop*
* - only contains UBs already priced in item DB

>_> It's an image because the formatting wouldn't agree with me.

Forthcoming info:
1) Frequency of items >5k profit appear in the shop per duration of time
2) Frequency of successful buys of those items
3) Approx. profit margin
4) Profit margin compared to letting Abrosia run on its own.

...this will take some time.

Enjoy!

#2 DataTraveler

DataTraveler
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:18 AM

Nice guide Kyuu,

I personally think that restock at random store will make a better profit. May be because my account is still new XD

I compare my restock with my bro account,
He set it random and he get item that cost 300k ( mutant negg) and some other stuff that cost 90k np (3 of them)

and my account which restock at only fixed store,only get 4 +10k profit item = (
*maybe it is due to the age of my account*

But I do agreed with the layer of AB-ing,it make more sence for a normal human to be able to memorise the profitable item in 1 or 2 store

#3 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:09 AM

Abrosia's random shop selection already prioritises shops by the amount of profitable items which restock in them.

#4 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:36 AM

Abrosia's random shop selection already prioritises shops by the amount of profitable items which restock in them.

I believe this is a guide for people who became advanced to get the most out of the random selection by excluding unprofitable shops.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

#5 DataTraveler

DataTraveler
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:27 AM

I dont see any answer that stating im wrong or right = )
but I did hope that I'm wrong

#6 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:33 AM

Of course, restocking in one store for hours at a time ups your chance of getting frozen, especially in places like magic or stamps. As far as I know, nobody has been frozen using Ambrosia in random shop mode. They have been frozen for using their own lists or sitting in one shop for more than a couple hours.

#7 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

I believe this is a guide for people who became advanced to get the most out of the random selection by excluding unprofitable shops.

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Yeah, that's pretty much it. And plus, there are people who still insist on restocking in one store, so it kind of gives them an idea of what stores are best.

I'm aware that Abrosia tends to prioritize high-profit stores. :<

I personally think that restock at random store will make a better profit. May be because my account is still new XD

I compare my restock with my bro account,
He set it random and he get item that cost 300k ( mutant negg) and some other stuff that cost 90k np (3 of them)

and my account which restock at only fixed store,only get 4 +10k profit item = (
*maybe it is due to the age of my account*

In statistics, that's called experience sampling. XD

The age of the account does matter, but also in terms of the frequency of the restock of profitable items. For example, the magic shop restocks 400+ items that'll make >5k in profit and 397 that will make more than >50k. However, MPs aren't restocked as frequently in the magic shop. I left it in there for a few hours and like, there were 5 MPs that popped up, but Abrosia didn't manage to grab any of them. If it had for just one, then I might've been able to make a profit of 500k+. If I left it in the Food Store, there's a higher frequency that profitable food items are restocked, so I might've been able to make like 100k profit restocking in there. However, if I caught on MP then it would've been greater still right?

So it's partially luck and partially knowing the shop. Thus why more info about restock and profit margins is to come. :)

#8 DataTraveler

DataTraveler
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:00 AM

so,with and by your opinion..restock in a store is better or restocking at different store wield the best result?

#9 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:11 AM

I don't know? That's why I'm going to do the tests and restock at each store to see. It's more a list of which stores are better to restock at for people who are already advanced members.

Though if I were to venture a guess, it'd depend on the store. I'd say restocking in Plushies might be more profitable, but don't hold me to that until I test it.

They have been frozen for using their own lists or sitting in one shop for more than a couple hours.

Well, you probably shouldn't be running Abrosia for more than a couple of hours anyway.

#10 DataTraveler

DataTraveler
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

maybe i needed to wait my account to be on 1 month old or 3 month old so that I could get higher rarity stuff from the store

#11 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:54 PM

Wow love the stats discussion traveler and kyuu. Interesting topic +1 :)

#12 Guest_MissMurder_*

Guest_MissMurder_*

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:12 PM

Also depends on the time of day and how many rows are in the shop at the given time... Late night, shops tend to restock less, there are less players online willing to buy the crappy negative profit store items = store has 4 full rows of items (or close to it) and can't restock until some items are sold. Whereas during more busy times of day, stores have less rows- but it's harder to grab an item against more people... :p

#13 DataTraveler

DataTraveler
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:48 PM

Wow love the stats discussion traveler and kyuu. Interesting topic +1 Posted Image

Thanks Noitidart = )
we are just trying to make max profit from auto buyer.
trying out with restocking randomly or staying in 1 store

#14 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:43 PM

I'd say restocking in Plushies might be more profitable, but don't hold me to that until I test it.

Maybe if you want overall value, but UB plushies are a BITCH to sell

#15 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:53 PM

The plushie shop still restocks a number of somewhat-ETS plushies though. I mean, about half of the ones that make >5k profit also make <50k in profit, so you can at least put them in your shop.

But yeah, no, I don't have that much patience either. XD;;

#16 akira4444

akira4444
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

Nice guide, I definately noticed that the clothing shop, fresh foods, and toy shop seems to restock quite frequently.

#17 CodeName

CodeName
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:39 PM

The plushie shop still restocks a number of somewhat-ETS plushies though. I mean, about half of the ones that make >5k profit also make <50k in profit, so you can at least put them in your shop.

But yeah, no, I don't have that much patience either. XD;;

Same here..I don't have that much patience either. XD
that makes me wonder which are shop that will provide us the highest earning? xD

#18 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:42 PM

I am planning on doing testing but right now I'm 1) impatient to make ~monies and 2) sofa king busy and I want to try out different times because that accounts for profit as well.

Another thing I didn't account for is how easy it is to get rid of the items...

#19 Rebeca

Rebeca
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:09 PM

You could do a guide like this for a < 3month account usage :)

#20 draiktaer

draiktaer
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:33 AM

I think jumping from random shops wil make you more money, but I still need 500 posts because th reason I bought an AB in the first place was to try to get a krawk petpet at the Tyranian petpet shop, but I can never get it because I can't go lower than 8.0 seconds, and the only way I'd be able to get a krawk is if I got the restock almost exactly as it restocked a krawk, since they go pretty fast

#21 lueykang

lueykang
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:35 PM

I DO ALL OF THEM. IDK ABOUT ONE. I ONLY SIT IN ONE ON MY REAL ACCOUNT AND TRY TO GET RARE ITEMS. LEGIT THO NO AB WITH RARE ITEMS FOR ME ATLEAST

#22 stirlingL

stirlingL
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:48 PM

from ur stats it looks like you dont rate pharmacy at all? I know theres less rare items, but the ones which do stock, stock in high numbers?

#23 generalgsus

generalgsus
  • 422 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:36 PM

Nice guide, I definately noticed that the clothing shop, fresh foods, and toy shop seems to restock quite frequently.

I don't know about you guys, but when I run the ABer in Food for 2 hours straight I caught no refreshes...

#24 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:25 AM

This guide makes a lot of sense, regular people tend to memorize the profitable items of a certain shop they like, especially those new to restocking. People new to restocking my try many stores but most tend to stick to one or two once they know what they are buying.

I personally like to use 2-3 different stores, that way I can keep my profits stable and varied. 5 hours of abing, spread throughout 3 different shops looks more legit then 5 hours straight in one shop.

#25 StefanKai

StefanKai
  • 375 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:05 PM

Nice guide, but like others said I would just leave it at random.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users