44 replies to this topic

#1 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:06 AM

Why, hello there. =D

May be coming back, who knows? I want to start programming again, and I have a lot of down time with my new job.

#2 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:11 AM

Cata!

Long time no see - how's things?

#3 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:14 AM

Cata!

Long time no see - how's things?

Well enough I guess. I got a job at an ISP doing technical support (gag), and I still work at the restraunt.

Me and Brooke broke up though. And I'm now living with my parents, but should be moving out in the next month.

How have things been here?

#4 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:16 AM

Rofl. Over the phone technical support. I hate that :(. All day you long just tell them, reset your router?

It sucks that you and brooke broke up :( You guys seemed to be really in love :(.

#5 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:18 AM

Well enough I guess. I got a job at an ISP doing technical support (gag), and I still work at the restraunt.

Me and Brooke broke up though. And I'm now living with my parents, but should be moving out in the next month.

How have things been here?

Things haven't been too bad here - As you can probably tell we've made some massive changes - mainly programming in Python, we have an items database and other mods now too... All going pretty well :)
Personally I got a job as a C# developer at a business travel company which is pretty awesome.

Sorry to hear you and Brooke broke up - that sucks!

#6 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:23 AM

Rofl. Over the phone technical support. I hate that :(. All day you long just tell them, reset your router?

It sucks that you and brooke broke up :( You guys seemed to be really in love :(.

We were. But it started feeling like things weren't working out. Then I caught her cheating on me, so..... Yeah.

But the tech support isn't that bad at all, lol. I sit here, reading or watching movies, and when I get a call all I really do is this:
1. Is it plugged in?
2. Make sure it's plugged in.
3. Internet Explorer>File>(untick)Work Offline.
4. Start>Run>CMD>ipconfig release/renew.

That's solves about 90% of the problems we get. So, it really isn't too bad. Just being in the South means I have to talk to a lot of idiots. I swear, if I hear one more person tell me they don't see their start button.... Actually had on lady turn the computer off because "Start button" and "Power button" are the same. :p

But really, I can't complain much. I did become an alcoholic after the break up though.

Things haven't been too bad here - As you can probably tell we've made some massive changes - mainly programming in Python, we have an items database and other mods now too... All going pretty well :)
Personally I got a job as a C# developer at a business travel company which is pretty awesome.

Sorry to hear you and Brooke broke up - that sucks!

Oh, very sexy. I likes me some Python, lol. We ever get permission to release programs in PERL? :p

#7 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:24 AM

Oh, very sexy. I likes me some Python, lol. We ever get permission to release programs in PERL? :p

Eugh. Perl :p

No, no we didn't :p

#8 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:27 AM

Eugh. Perl :p

No, no we didn't :p

:( I actually found the source code to the old PERL Score Sender me and sock wrote from raui's VB source. That's what made me think of coming back here, just seeing something that brought back memories of programming, lol.

When I do have to program something I've been doing it in PERL here lately. But I have been thinking about moving to Python. :p

Who wants more useless apps from Cata? Lol.

#9 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:32 AM

:( I actually found the source code to the old PERL Score Sender me and sock wrote from raui's VB source. That's what made me think of coming back here, just seeing something that brought back memories of programming, lol.

When I do have to program something I've been doing it in PERL here lately. But I have been thinking about moving to Python. :p

Haha. It's all C# over here. with me I help out where I can because Python is extremely simple, but I'm a true .NET evangelist at heart.

#10 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:35 AM

I'm new here, so I haven't had a chance to meet you before. But welcome back, hopefully things work out best for you.

And not EVERYONE from the south are idiots. :whistling: I personally like to think I'm not an idiot at least, other people might have different opinions about that though :p

#11 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:37 AM

But the tech support isn't that bad at all, lol. I sit here, reading or watching movies, and when I get a call all I really do is this:
1. Is it plugged in?
2. Make sure it's plugged in.
3. Internet Explorer>File>(untick)Work Offline.
4. Start>Run>CMD>ipconfig release/renew.

That's solves about 90% of the problems we get. So, it really isn't too bad. Just being in the South means I have to talk to a lot of idiots. I swear, if I hear one more person tell me they don't see their start button.... Actually had on lady turn the computer off because "Start button" and "Power button" are the same. :p

Oh, awesome. Bringing back memories of working for Comcast. I love it when people think you're lying about how to fix their internet, but then once they finally take the time to do what you're saying it's fixed.

*raises hand*

I'd say the more the merrier.

And, of course, welcome back

Edited by jcrboy, 30 October 2009 - 08:37 AM.

#12 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:48 AM

I'm new here, so I haven't had a chance to meet you before. But welcome back, hopefully things work out best for you.

And not EVERYONE from the south are idiots. :whistling: I personally like to think I'm not an idiot at least, other people might have different opinions about that though :p

Well, in the small towns I service, ignorance prevails. Sadly, I only know a very few people of any intellect at all. But, once in a while, we are blessed with an intelligent customer.

Oh, awesome. Bringing back memories of working for Comcast. I love it when people think you're lying about how to fix their internet, but then once they finally take the time to do what you're saying it's fixed.

Oh no, they don't think I'm lying about how to fix it. They want to know how and why I broke it...

*raises hand*

I'd say the more the merrier.

And, of course, welcome back

Maybe. If you are a good boy. Bring me candy.

#13 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:00 AM

Well, in the small towns I service, ignorance prevails. Sadly, I only know a very few people of any intellect at all. But, once in a while, we are blessed with an intelligent customer.

Yes small towns down here do tend to have contain large amounts of brain-deads. Then again, the main number of people who call would be calling because they are not intelligent enough to try and solve the issue themselves.

If I bring you candy may I get programs too? :drool:

#14 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:03 AM

Yes small towns down here do tend to have contain large amounts of brain-deads. Then again, the main number of people who call would be calling because they are not intelligent enough to try and solve the issue themselves.

If I bring you candy may I get programs too? :drool:

This is true. And you guys can't be hurting for programs. There's like 5 super awesome programmers here. :p

#15 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:07 AM

This is true. And you guys can't be hurting for programs. There's like 5 super awesome programmers here. :p

Figure I might as well of asked. I mean with Halloween being a day away I could persuade my nice neighbors to give me their left over candy and bribe you with it. But I guess that is a no go...:crybaby:

The programs here are awesome. There is no way I can complain. I mean they are free! So I just sit patiently, and I am thankful for the programs I get to use.

#16 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:12 AM

This is true. I just love the shininess of a new program... and the beta testing... and the fixing... I've been trying to sneak into programming as well.

#17 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:31 AM

So you and Brooke ended on bad terms? Sorry to hear

And welcome back

#18 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:01 AM

So Brooke is available?

:p

#19 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:08 AM

Thats just computer service in general :p

#20 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:32 AM

So Brooke is available?

:p

Lol. No. She's with my ex-best friend. You have fun with that though, lol.

#21 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:44 AM

Welcome back :D. I didn't think I would ever see you again :p. I'm glad you have returned :p.

#22 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:51 AM

Welcome back :D. I didn't think I would ever see you again :p. I'm glad you have returned :p.

Lol. I didn't know I would come back. I just got out of everything for a while. Especially after I left Brooke, I just kind of been drifting. Not really doing much other than work/sleep.

#23 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

Lol. I didn't know I would come back. I just got out of everything for a while. Especially after I left Brooke, I just kind of been drifting. Not really doing much other than work/sleep.

That life style sucks. We got plenty of girls around here now (Like georgina with huge boobs!)

Start again!

#24 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:03 AM

Very cool to see older members coming back. Welcome!

#25 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:23 PM

That life style sucks. We got plenty of girls around here now (Like georgina with huge boobs!)

Start again!

Girls? Where?

/squints

Lol. I'm not looking for a meaningful relationship right now. Just going to try fix my mistakes (like not going to a REAL college).

God damn you hind-sight.

Oh yeah guys, forgot to mention. I shaved all my hair off. :p And lost weight. I assume the weight loss was pretty much from my depression and alcoholism.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users