Quantcast

Photo

Should we change Iargue?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we change Iargue? (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we change Iargue?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 madelined

madelined
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:01 PM

If you've ever been in chat, you've run into the occasional noob. As i am now more active in chat than on site, i see more and more of these so called newbie figures.. They ask questions, they spam and for once.. One was really really annoying.... Now a few of the regulars were in the chatroom and so was Iargue.

The torture continued and when i couldn't handle it anymore...i begged Iargue in the form of "make it stop, please make it stop".. in a PM and was disturbed by the response.

"I cant :( Admins wont let me be mean anymore "

and i was sad... We really really needed him and he couldn't even be himself..We had to sit through the torture and the spam simply because nothing could be done about it, It was laughable but was ruining all of our chat sessions..If i didn't feel they needed me to have at least a little intelligent conversation with them, i know i would of left.. we really only had each other.... So i pose the question.. Should we change Iargue or just let him do what he does best?

The choice is up to you.......

#2 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:03 PM

Once you get used to him, he's really not that bad... and all nubcakes need a tiny bit of bashing. Once they get past that first little bit and get some knowledge, they'll be fine.

He can be the Bad Cop to my Good Cop :3

#3 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:04 PM

He can be the Bad Cop to my Good Cop :3

Sounds hot.

#4 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:05 PM

Sounds hot.

Please video tape and send me.

#5 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:15 PM

What happens when Argue is nice?

This (it's long):

Spoiler

#6 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:23 PM

Yep, we need change we can believe in...

#7 Ellcrys

Ellcrys
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:23 PM

I've had occasional situations where iargue didn't seem the nicest person on the site, but that's who he is. And even if he may be somewhat •mean• that's who he is, and he stills gets the helpful information across to the noob. I think he should be left how he is. He will make people *un-noob* faster. :)

#8 madelined

madelined
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

i thank you all for stating your honest opinions in this very serious pressing issue.

Please don't make the chat users suffer anymore.. Find it in your hearts to leave Iargue as he is.

#9 CraigChrist

CraigChrist
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

LEAVE HIM BE! I want the old iargue back!

#10 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

i thank you all for stating your honest opinions in this very serious pressing issue.

Please don't make the chat users suffer anymore.. Find it in your hearts to leave Iargue as he is.

There is no guarantee that this will do something :p. They are the law here, and if they say I am nice. I am nice.

If anything, I will put a disclaimer in my sig stating that JCR is the good cop. :thumbsup:

#11 madelined

madelined
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:34 PM

There is no guarantee that this will do something :p. They are the law here, and if they say I am nice. I am nice.

If anything, I will put a disclaimer in my sig stating that JCR is the good cop. :thumbsup:

But its worth a shot right?

i mean this COULD possibly change something so we dont ever have to go through that again?

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:39 AM

The problem is that if we let iargue be his own person and unleash him on new members then we won't have many new members left. :p And of the new members who would stay they'd be the kind of ones which just run the programs and don't use the actual forum.

Not to mention that there were complaints, so yeah... :p

#13 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:46 AM

The problem is that if we let iargue be his own person and unleash him on new members then we won't have many new members left. :p And of the new members who would stay they'd be the kind of ones which just run the programs and don't use the actual forum.

^^^

And apparently OVER NINE THOUSAND users want him to be nice.
How did that happen? ... :p

#14 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:48 AM

^^^

Santa's opinion is worth 9000 votes so I think we know exactly how that happened...

#15 geovnx

geovnx
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:44 AM

i guess we need the new iargue for now :)

when the members start rolling in.

He can start being himself again and do the quality control on them leaving only the best behind

#16 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:49 AM

^^^

Abuse of power...

No one I have yelled at left. Sure they might bitch, but we do have the programs, and they do want the programs. In fact, several people I yelled at voted for keeping me like I am, because it taught them to not be a noob. As far as I have seen, me being nice has changed nothing.

#17 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:56 AM

Abuse of power...

Oh do be serious...

No one I have yelled at left. Sure they might bitch, but we do have the programs, and they do want the programs. In fact, several people I yelled at voted for keeping me like I am, because it taught them to not be a noob. As far as I have seen, me being nice has changed nothing.

We have rules for a reason. The badgering, harassment and the way you treated some of the members you did was unacceptable - that's it.
Feel free to carry on the way you were, but you know what'll happen if you do - no-one is exempt from the consequences of their actions.

Play nice now, kids.

#18 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:52 AM

Oh do be serious...

We have rules for a reason. The badgering, harassment and the way you treated some of the members you did was unacceptable - that's it.
Feel free to carry on the way you were, but you know what'll happen if you do - no-one is exempt from the consequences of their actions.

Play nice now, kids.

Regardless of if I will never be allowed to do what I used to do, and I already said its the admins choice and I dont think they will change their mind (Btw. I never harassed members. Thank you very much). Your affecting a serious poll that a member created, and alot of other members have put in real responses to it. Your not above the laws either...

#19 madelined

madelined
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:54 PM

Wow poll is rigged....

we cant win

#20 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:17 PM

Regardless of if I will never be allowed to do what I used to do, and I already said its the admins choice and I dont think they will change their mind (Btw. I never harassed members. Thank you very much). Your affecting a serious poll that a member created, and alot of other members have put in real responses to it. Your not above the laws either...

Oh be realistic. It is the staff's choice - not just the admins.
This poll was going nowhere.

I'll revert it back to the votes it had, but no poll is going to make a difference on the staff's rule-book - thank you very much.

If you want to talk to me any more regarding your previous attitude issues then I suggest you bring it up in a PM

#21 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:36 PM

I LOVE ARGUE!!! :'(

#22 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:36 PM

Oh be realistic. It is the staff's choice - not just the admins.
This poll was going nowhere.

I'll revert it back to the votes it had, but no poll is going to make a difference on the staff's rule-book - thank you very much.

If you want to talk to me any more regarding your previous attitude issues then I suggest you bring it up in a PM

I already said it wouldnt do anything. This isnt my topic, and I didnt play a hand in its creation. This was done by a member of the forum, and if they want to voice something, let them. If anything, it will be interesting to see what people vote for.

#23 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

I already said it wouldnt do anything. This isnt my topic, and I didnt play a hand in its creation. This was done by a member of the forum, and if they want to voice something, let them. If anything, it will be interesting to see what people vote for.

I'll give you a guess as to what I voted for. Posted Image

#24 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:48 PM

There's no option for ripping his fingers off so I don't ever have to read another post of his? Damn.

#25 Jweave

Jweave
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:08 AM

While going through that IRC chat log I was laughing at first....

but I kept going and I just couldn't take it anymore. Ultimately I couldn't finish reading through the entire log.

Do what you want, but I feel as though something should be done to stop spamming in IRC. There is a difference between a spamming noob and someone who just needs help and (as you provided) a link to FAQ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users