Is this a good shield for defence?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Aurora

Aurora
  • 231 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:26 PM

Well, I was browsing around and found this weapon: Faerie shield
Apparently, it blocks 2 of every icon except physical.
So, if a pet had 700 strength, it would defend 15 x 2 = 30 of every icon except physical.
If a super attack pea is used, the 20 earth and 12 air would both be negated.
If a seasonal attack pea is used, both the 20 earth and 8 light would be negated as well.
And so on and on and on...
So why do neopians prefer the ghostkershield/tabard over this when you can be almost invincible if you use this? :o

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:32 PM

Hmm that's a good point. Well I think it's considering the enemy has the 700 strength boost and are doing 15* the 12 icons.

#3 Shinigami88

Shinigami88
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:00 PM

ummm its prolly cuz this is only good against people that use alot of diff icons otherwise even leaf sheild is better, and u need high enough str/def for it, i'd expect it to be very expensive aye prolly more expensive than ghostkersheild and tabard.
well to answer ur question... mayb most of neopian dun kno bout this weapon? =) and its rarer than both da sheild and tabard

#4 Aurora

Aurora
  • 231 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:13 PM

ummm its prolly cuz this is only good against people that use alot of diff icons otherwise even leaf sheild is better, and u need high enough str/def for it, i'd expect it to be very expensive aye prolly more expensive than ghostkersheild and tabard.
well to answer ur question... mayb most of neopian dun kno bout this weapon? =) and its rarer than both da sheild and tabard

Okay, so now we know about this weapon.
And seeing its ability to be so resistant to almost all icons, its a great shield to have. :)
Pair this with a yooyuball sling and every round just keep using sling + faerie shield, you're emerge victorious soon enough! :o

#5 saif

saif
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:24 PM

Okay, so now we know about this weapon.
And seeing its ability to be so resistant to almost all icons, its a great shield to have. :)
Pair this with a yooyuball sling and every round just keep using sling + faerie shield, you're emerge victorious soon enough! :o

That is pretty impressive :o

#6 Aurora

Aurora
  • 231 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:36 PM

That is pretty impressive :o

Yeah thats what I was wondering...
If its that good why isn't it popular among the Bder's?

#7 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:40 PM

Yeah thats what I was wondering...
If its that good why isn't it popular among the Bder's?

Because most people focus on offense...

#8 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:47 PM

Oh and the fact that gshield negates sos which so many people have.

#9 saif

saif
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:49 PM

SoS is too common, what is one level up or equivalent of that?

#10 Aurora

Aurora
  • 231 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:52 PM

The faerie shield would be able to negate SoS too, if the pet has a high defence.
Besides, Gshield cannot negatee the trident whereas the faerie shield can cut down the mass water.
It can also stop the portable kiln.

#11 BellaBleu

BellaBleu
  • 501 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:54 PM

SoS is too common, what is one level up or equivalent of that?

pirate captain's cutlass, more of an alternative though

#12 Aurora

Aurora
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:32 AM

pirate captain's cutlass, more of an alternative though

Kelpbeards' trident would work well too. Its mass water and can push its way through Gshield. :)

#13 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:37 AM

The faerie shield would be able to negate SoS too, if the pet has a high defence.
Besides, Gshield cannot negatee the trident whereas the faerie shield can cut down the mass water.
It can also stop the portable kiln.

I dont get how this could negate unless the defence boost with this shield is 700 and the str boost with the sos is like 200.

If the str boost is 700 on sos and the def boost is 700 on shield im sure another shiled would do better right?

#14 Aurora

Aurora
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:16 AM

I dont get how this could negate unless the defence boost with this shield is 700 and the str boost with the sos is like 200.

If the str boost is 700 on sos and the def boost is 700 on shield im sure another shiled would do better right?

So the SoS would deal a lot more icons that the shield can block? :o
Oh right, I forgot. :o
I thought it would be just 15 dark icons from the sword and just a 700 defence pet with that faerie shield could stop it.
I didn't know you had to multiply the strength boost too...
15 dark icons x 15 strength boost would 100s of icons.
Guess you're right after all, the shield isn't that good...

#15 waitwait

waitwait
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:58 PM

I remember 2-3 years ago, tanks were the "thing" to have since the league calc was skewed towards favoring Str + Hp.

Tower Shield x2 + Species attack = lol

But yeah; too easy to overwhelm with mass icons.

#16 Rita

Rita
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:43 AM

I think you guys are forgetting that this shield is one of the rarest items in neopia.

Even if you do find one, with the nps it would cost you, you'd be better off sticking to your gshield.

#17 Phee

Phee
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:04 PM

And only 2 icons of each type? Sorry, but I personally think this is pretty useless. Any higher-level weapons- SoS, PCC, even GC or Trident or a nine iconer, this will block only a small portion of. Definitely not a negligible portion, but not something that you want to use one your weapon slots on. Also, the BD level at which this would be useful, nine-iconers and down, is much more aided by Leaf Shield, and physical at that level is very common. And like Rita said, this is really, really rare and expensive.

#18 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:23 PM

2 icons of each type is still very little. Took care of your little accident pee. I hate those 500 errors trying to get rid of them :x3:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users