#77 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:07 PM

'ey Hydrogen, grats on graduating.

have you found solid work yet?

Ah yeah, I work in San Francisco :p. The commute is pretty rough though (3 hours a day sitting on a train <_<) so I'm probably going to move into the city some time soon :p. I'm not really the commute type and it sucks being exhausted when you get home :p. The work is fun though so I'm not really complaining :p.

#78 arkridge

arkridge
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:25 PM

Ah yeah, I work in San Francisco :p. The commute is pretty rough though (3 hours a day sitting on a train <_<) so I'm probably going to move into the city some time soon :p. I'm not really the commute type and it sucks being exhausted when you get home :p. The work is fun though so I'm not really complaining :p.

:crybaby: boo on commute. Shack up at the office :rolleyes:

#79 bigtymerz05

bigtymerz05
  • 475 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

Congrats on HYDRO!!!!

#80 weke

weke
  • 456 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:30 AM

late gratz to you ^_^

#81 bruh

bruh
  • 611 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:32 AM

Congratulations hydrogen!!

#82 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:23 PM

congrats..hate to burst your bubble..but a Undergrad degree means nothing...got mine last year in poli sci and still no work..horrible horrible..USA sucks now.

Ouch be careful lol..Muni and Bart are killing everyone near SF and Oakland.

#83 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:30 PM

congrats..hate to burst your bubble..but a Undergrad degree means nothing...got mine last year in poli sci and still no work..horrible horrible..USA sucks now.

Policital Science = Fail. Pick a career with job growth plox.

I dont even have my Undergad degree and I am making 10 dollars an hour.

#84 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:36 PM

Policital Science = Fail. Pick a career with job growth plox.

I dont even have my Undergad degree and I am making 10 dollars an hour.

lol im making 14 and hour..but poli sci is a good degree..going to go to law school in september =D who knows in the bay area you might see me as political rising star =D

#85 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:42 PM

still no work

lol im making 14 and hour

Oh. My bad....

#86 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:54 PM

Oh. My bad....

well..I wouldnt call it work...Right now I am working security....nothing at all to do with my major..Thus I am a poli sci grad with nothing to show for it..I've been working security before I had my degree but stilll..Id rather make money working with my degree...as of now the only thing I can get is an internship which I have done many working for the Judges in Santa Clara county but alas no pay..

I guess now I got to go to graduate school...

#87 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

well..I wouldnt call it work...Right now I am working security....nothing at all to do with my major..Thus I am a poli sci grad with nothing to show for it..I've been working security before I had my degree but stilll..Id rather make money working with my degree...as of now the only thing I can get is an internship which I have done many working for the Judges in Santa Clara county but alas no pay..

I guess now I got to go to graduate school...

Or pick a career with growth?

Its not the USA's fault you cant find a job. The depression is global.

#88 Jake2

Jake2
  • 1185 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:10 PM

3 hours a day on a train.. that's crazy man. like 1/5th of your day is just on transport :(

Yeah, once you move into the city you'd have shitloads more time + more things to do 'cause cities are fun. :p

#89 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

Or pick a career with growth?

Its not the USA's fault you cant find a job. The depression is global.

I wouldnt say the depression is global..China/India/Russia are doing well..Its our fault and our bankings fault for trusting those fat cat whales with our money..

But yea..The career growth is quite limited with poli sci..Either become a teacher/lawyer/politician...all those jobs are in need but still..Kinda is the US fault though...Especially in CA where our school system is so screwed up were like a 3rd world country..In my area alone, were supposed to be one of the most prosperous but yet are our education systems suck..Lowest in the state.

Im not just labeling it to poli sci...all over its hard to find jobs..The only growth job out there is either law enforcement or hospitals..everyrthing else is hard..

#90 Jake2

Jake2
  • 1185 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

The australian dollar is actually better now than it was a year ago so the 'depression' seemed to benefit us.

#91 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:49 PM

I wouldnt say the depression is global..China/India/Russia are doing well..Its our fault and our bankings fault for trusting those fat cat whales with our money..

But yea..The career growth is quite limited with poli sci..Either become a teacher/lawyer/politician...all those jobs are in need but still..Kinda is the US fault though...Especially in CA where our school system is so screwed up were like a 3rd world country..In my area alone, were supposed to be one of the most prosperous but yet are our education systems suck..Lowest in the state.

Im not just labeling it to poli sci...all over its hard to find jobs..The only growth job out there is either law enforcement or hospitals..everyrthing else is hard..

Yeah... The Tech industry is still seeing growth...

No country is doing "fine" China relies on everyones trade to make any money at all. They are getting hit hard. Everywhere is getting hit hard.

California fucked themselves, its not the U.S's fault. You/your parents chose everyone who lead it, and votes on every bill (Or should have). So, either help fix it, or deal with it.

#92 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:41 PM

Killing everyone? O_o

lol im making 14 and hour..but poli sci is a good degree..going to go to law school in september =D who knows in the bay area you might see me as political rising star =D

I suppose it depends on your field. Some fields like psychology require quite a lot of schooling in order to get any positions. Other positions like engineering have positions available right after undergrad. That isn't to say that undergrad degrees aren't worthless. Pretty much everyone has them now. However, it's never been the degree that made the person. While a degree can get your foot in the door, engineering fields especially care more about your experience and what you can do.

#93 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:17 PM

I suppose it depends on your field. Some fields like psychology require quite a lot of schooling in order to get any positions. Other positions like engineering have positions available right after undergrad. That isn't to say that undergrad degrees aren't worthless. Pretty much everyone has them now. However, it's never been the degree that made the person. While a degree can get your foot in the door, engineering fields especially care more about your experience and what you can do.

QFE.

Especially in engineering, the name of the degree is really only a label. What the employer really cares about are the applicable skills that you have learned (from school and from prior experience), and how it benefits them. That's why I'm trying my best to augment my engineering degree with some practical experience. :p

#94 Warriors

Warriors
  • 985 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:56 PM

QFE.

Especially in engineering, the name of the degree is really only a label. What the employer really cares about are the applicable skills that you have learned (from school and from prior experience), and how it benefits them. That's why I'm trying my best to augment my engineering degree with some practical experience. :p

Trust me..one or two internships and your in the door with your degree.

#95 RaeveN

RaeveN
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

*pops open the yager* WOOT! congrats!!! I'll party with you !!!! :D

#96 queen

queen
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:48 PM

aww i didn't see this thread earlier, but i think isn't later to "write": CONGRATS HYDRO!!!!! :D

#97 DragonX

DragonX
  • 455 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:59 AM

Ah yeah, I work in San Francisco Posted Image. The commute is pretty rough though (3 hours a day sitting on a train Posted Image) so I'm probably going to move into the city some time soon Posted Image. I'm not really the commute type and it sucks being exhausted when you get home Posted Image. The work is fun though so I'm not really complaining Posted Image.

Oh wow, that's worse than my 2 hour commute to University everyday ):.
Gratz on the job though (:!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users