Quantcast

Photo

Magma Color Released!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:56 PM

http://www.neopets.c...agma/pool.phtml

You can get the color at the Magma Pool.

So far, it seems like you can take a dip in by randomly catching the guard sleeping. AKA Refreshing like mad Posted Image

Seems like all the pets can be painted Magma.

Personally, I don't like the colors so I'm not gonna try for it.

#2 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:34 PM

what is the catch

#3 GKris

GKris
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:45 PM

Are you sure its just by luck?

#4 Core

Core
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:45 PM

Can you read unworthy? O_o

I think I'll take a chance on this if it doesn't take obscenely long. Do you need to have done the AotA plot?

EDIT: "I'm sorry, only those well-versed in the ways of Moltara are permitted to enter the Pool. Learn more and try again later."

Hmm...

Edited by Core, 14 December 2009 - 06:48 PM.

#5 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD

• 532 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:36 PM

The catch is lots of refreshing.

So far, it has been proven that you just need to be lucky. I guess you can call it an RE :)

Quote from JellyNeo:

"Update: You can now visit the Magma Pool in the Moltara Caves. You are only able to take your pets for a swim in the magma pool when the guard falls asleep. Guard sleeping times are unknown."

I was on a board for a while trying to help prove stuff. But that's all that's known

#6 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:17 PM

Has the guard fallen asleep yet? is this like a Turmy kind of thing or I wonder if it's like a Punching Bag Sid kind of thing :o

#7 Andy

Andy
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:24 PM

Nah anna, it's more like a cave chia / Haiku avatar sort of thing.

#8 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:25 PM

So just constant refreshing - does this mean people have already painted their pets magma? Is there a limitation?

#9 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD

• 532 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:27 PM

I'd suggest using ReloadEvery on Firefox, but KEEP AN EYE ON THE WINDOW AT ALL TIMES.

That way you don't kill yourself mashing the F5 button.

I'm slowly falling in love with the Magma Hissi, but I really don't want to get rid of any of my pets X3

EDIT:

It says after you paint, you must wait a week. However, there has been a possible glitch where some people have been able to paint a second pet.

There are a few Magma pets now. It's all everyone is talking about on ALL THE BOARDS D:

Edited by KRG, 14 December 2009 - 09:28 PM.

#10 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:37 PM

Aw cute. I will use Reload Every then, probably a steady 7 seconds to make sure I can disable reloadevery so I don't miss it -- I'm assuming if I refresh when the guard is sleeping, that means it's gone correct?

#11 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:44 PM

this is gonna be spammed so badly if the rate in which the guard is asleep is often enough..

#12 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:50 PM

I decided to jack Waser's source and refashion it to check if the guard fell asleep (more to check if he's not awake, but whatever).

http://www.mediafire.com/?u2zzmmamvmw

Edited by jcrboy, 01 April 2010 - 10:06 AM.

#13 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:52 PM

I decided to jack Waser's source and refashion it to check if the guard fell asleep (more to check if he's not awake, but whatever).

http://www.mediafire.com/?ytwzgwzyt51

PERFECT! I was just about to post something about this! Thanks JCR, does it do a pop-up and stops the script when the guard sleeps, letting us refresh like mad?

#14 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:54 PM

It will stop refreshing when the guard doesn't say "Learn more and try again later."

So I'm hoping that he doesn't say that when he's asleep.

I wouldn't suggest leaving this running for hours on end, but this is probably just as likely to get you frozen as reload every

#15 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:58 PM

Haha, just wanted to refresh at least for a bit, I'm not going to leave it on for hours :)

#16 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:00 PM

It doesn't. According to JN, it's supposed to say "Shhh... look! The guard is sleeping. Maybe you can sneak by him if you're very, very careful... Please select your Neopet to take a swim in the Magma Pool and be painted Magma"

#17 Map

Map
  • 861 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:16 PM

Just wanted to CONFIRM that JC's script works! Has a neat pop-up message notifying you the guard has fallen asleep.

Just painted my Jetsam Magma n_n!

#18 Kyuu

Kyuu
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:24 PM

Pardon my stupid, but how does one get this to run? I get a runtime error.

#19 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:29 PM

Install Greasemonkey in firefox, then download said file. Navigate to the magma pool and it will start refreshing until the guard goes to sleep

#20 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:53 AM

Thanks JC nice script +rep.

Also wow, loads of people now have magmas! If they keep releasing them like they have been theyll be worthless in a few weeks! I hope its just an opening thing or a limited numbers....

#21 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:49 AM

Install Greasemonkey in firefox, then download said file. Navigate to the magma pool and it will start refreshing until the guard goes to sleep

You should have changed the @name part too otherwise your pool one will overwrite the worm one since they have the same name. ;)

#22 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD

• 532 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:24 AM

I was thinking of this before I went to sleep last night. You are truly amazing.

*goes off to install and let refresh*

Edited by KRG, 15 December 2009 - 09:44 AM.

#23 jlovesa

jlovesa
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:48 AM

As far as I know/think right now is Guard is sleeping between 1pm and 2pm NST

#24 Neopian

Neopian
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:15 AM

I got my pet painted this morning at 8.10am Dutch Time, which is 11pm Neopian Time.
So I don't know if there is a set time, but this is what I got.

#25 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:21 AM

Blah too bad I don't like the color on any pets. I can't decide to try to get one anyway-- in case there's an avatar or if they stop letting people use the pool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users