Photo

Just some observartions

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 laraboots

laraboots
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:02 PM

Just wondering how people out there transfer NPs from their shells to their main account. Personally I've been doing it in ETS items. But I think it's getting a little bit sus now. I know the shop method etc. But I was thinking about doing something overly creative, like starting a guild etc etc with 1np Auctions and what not. I have quite alot of shells (proxy btw) and adding them all to the guild. I dunno it might be alot of hassle.

Also just a general observation, baby PB? Is it like the international neopian currency for dirty cheat trading? They sell like so fast it's crazy. Maybe they are really popular or maybe everyone just uses them to smuggle NPs to their mains.

Also just another general observation, snowbunnies....why is noone ever online that sells them (like not online for days). Whats with that? Is their some fucking snowbunny hoarder? I really like them...and can never get them it just shits me.

I could of started different threads but meh I don't post much and don't won't to look like I'm post 'padding' (is that the right term?)

#2 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:15 PM

I believe that baby paint brushes are used for the trading post and trading larger values than 800k pure. If you sell something for 2.4 mill you can take 4 baby paint brushes for it instead of doing the auction house. Sure they lose like 20-30k in total but you could ask for 4 + the 30k. The point being is that baby pb dont inflate and dont really deflate much so they are a higher type of currency.

#3 laraboots

laraboots
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:25 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. Just wondered about them I've never traded anything above 800000.

Edited by Redrock, 17 December 2009 - 09:26 PM.

#4 Shinigami88

Shinigami88
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:33 AM

umm yea wat unworthy said cuz da most u can trade in nps in da tradin post is 800k so insted of auctionin da item ezier to trade ets items tat pretty much stay at the same price for it, n if ur lookin for snowbunnies click newest trades, most of da times dey're online more

#5 ColonelHayden

ColonelHayden
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:53 AM

Why do so many people buy baby paint brushes though? You can just buy the thing for 600k in the hidden tower right off. Why bother trading for one for the same exact price and have to wait for someone to accept it? What do people do with them afterwards? There can't be that big of a demand for painting your pet baby colored!

#6 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:57 AM

Why do so many people buy baby paint brushes though? You can just buy the thing for 600k in the hidden tower right off. Why bother trading for one for the same exact price and have to wait for someone to accept it? What do people do with them afterwards? There can't be that big of a demand for painting your pet baby colored!

Couple of reasons, there a very popular common colour for people to paint - and there easy to buy, allways available and under the TP limit so no need to go to auctions, so quick easy and popular basicly. People who play legit use them regulary as payments on trades, and collat for avs.

#7 laraboots

laraboots
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:46 AM

umm yea wat unworthy said cuz da most u can trade in nps in da tradin post is 800k so insted of auctionin da item ezier to trade ets items tat pretty much stay at the same price for it, n if ur lookin for snowbunnies click newest trades, most of da times dey're online more

I do search newest trades I offer asking price wait for like 2 days and they either come on online and don't accept or don't come online. I've waited 7 days for one and offered 300k (yeh i got it eventually). but i dunno.

yeh everyone has cleared up the baby pb query. thanks :).

#8 Vexage

Vexage
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:59 PM

I believe that baby paint brushes are used for the trading post and trading larger values than 800k pure. If you sell something for 2.4 mill you can take 4 baby paint brushes for it instead of doing the auction house. Sure they lose like 20-30k in total but you could ask for 4 + the 30k. The point being is that baby pb dont inflate and dont really deflate much so they are a higher type of currency.

That just made my face explode. Would have never thought of that.

So people really run around snagging baby pbs for like, 595k on the tp just to save that 5k? Seems almost pointless.

#9 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

I didn't really mean that people buy them because you can make profit on them. Basically because they are always available in the hidden tower they will never inflate. People are constantly buying the baby paint brushes o use them on their pets because they are not that crazy expensive for a cool pet.

wow well half the post just dissapeared. But anywho the price will not drop on them because they are used and people will not buy more from the hidden tower unless the baby paint brush is around 598 only because they do not want to wait to get one in a trade. The baby paint brushes only inflate/deflate within 5K during the day depending on the time so it is not really worth investing the 600k to make that much on it.

Edited by unworthy, 18 December 2009 - 09:08 PM.

#10 Shinigami88

Shinigami88
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:14 PM

and dont forget about the hidden tower avvie you get from buying the baby paint brush, most people get that cuz you dont reali lose too much money reselling it after u get the avvie, and its the cheapest thing in the tower you can sell for about the same price (correct me if i'm wrong)

#11 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:21 PM

and dont forget about the hidden tower avvie you get from buying the baby paint brush, most people get that cuz you dont reali lose too much money reselling it after u get the avvie, and its the cheapest thing in the tower you can sell for about the same price (correct me if i'm wrong)

Yeah I did forget about that. I'm going to have to buy one eventually because I didn't even know that you got an avatar from doing it until a little while ago. It took me forever to even know that the hidden tower actually existed in a place that anyone can get to easily. I used to think that you had to accomplish a bunch of things before even being able to go there.

The hidden tower probably plays a huge role in deflating the economy as well since all the points used there dissapear from the population. I think that neopets needs to introduce more shops like that one. I know that it would be a little late in the game for them to do something like that for codestones because there is already a market that would fail completely. Looking back on it though they should have made it so that codestones were obtained through a shop that always had a general price so that they could absorb a ton of neopoints daily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users