Quantcast

Photo

How can people still think evolution is a myth?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#51 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:41 PM

Oh and yeah, "theory" is a scientific term where as "proof" is a mathematical term, be careful not to mix them up ^_^.

#52 Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:20 PM

What? Evolution? What the hell, that's obviously a lie :(

A magic man who created everyone and everything in seven days and that stuff, hey. That's real.

#53 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:23 PM

A magic man who created everyone and everything in seven days and that stuff, hey. That's real.

He pulled all of us out of his hat!

#54 Morrigan

Morrigan
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:11 PM

Ha! I went to Catholic school, and for a presentation on the creation of man I used a picture of The Fairy Godmother from Cinderella with the caption "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo." I can only imagine the beat down if the nuns still taught in schools.

#55 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:37 AM

Ha! I went to Catholic school, and for a presentation on the creation of man I used a picture of The Fairy Godmother from Cinderella with the caption "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo." I can only imagine the beat down if the nuns still taught in schools.

LMAO aw. I'm assuming you did poorly on that assignment, this reminds me of a quote from a youtube video about prayer

"and don't forget to say amen, it's like Abracadabra-- only Christian!"

Edited by kittycat161, 31 December 2009 - 07:38 AM.

#56 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:37 AM

It does seem more logical than coincidence. Well, at least more appealing.

#57 Darkmagi310

Darkmagi310
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:07 PM

Chobitz arguments for evolution, and against organized religion are kinda very very far off from fact, and extremely ignorant :(. But to stick to the topic.

There is no proof that evolution is actually real. We have no documented proof of an animal evolving to another species. We have proof of evolution within the same species (Better hoofs. Tails. Bigger Bumbs, Color change. etc). But we dont even have a partial change in a species to prove that evolution is real. All we have is perfectly functioning animals.

Furthure more, the way that we re-produce makes evolution seem even more impossible. During meiosis our cells repeatedly re-arrange the dna structure (so we can mutate easier I guess). But given the amount of time that it happens, the chances of two mutants in the same generation would seem impossible, and give that, how would the mutation continue on?

there is a theory that earth isnt solid and that under the crust is another earth (Living on the opposite side of the crust) and the core is a sun for them.

Actually speciation has been observed (albeit by artificial selection, not natural selection) in E. Coli using the presence of citric acid as a selective force.

http://www.associate..._evolution.html

#58 vin

vin
  • 314 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:42 PM

oh so now we are bunnys now?!! first monkeys, now bunnys, whats next... platypi?! (is it platypi.. or platypuses... platypuses looks weird) hmm

#59 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:49 PM

In the US is Creationism taught in science?

#60 Deviiouz

Deviiouz
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:47 PM

This thread is a lol.

LOL , ^ Agreed.

#61 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:49 AM

I think it's pretty difficult to refute evolution :p There's way too much evidence that Natural selection does occur, which is what evolution basically is on a long term scale. I think most people just don't believe that it started out as such. Even religious people must agree that ancient people are not the same as us by the process of evolution.

Edited by Bohgaurd, 29 January 2010 - 10:52 AM.

#62 Zoolu4

Zoolu4
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:01 PM

I believe humans were probably very different, but I do not believe we were ever a "monkey" , i know that there is evolution, but I believe humans were always humans, of course like I said we were probably a lot different but still very distinct from monkeys.

#63 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:04 PM

We were never monkeys. We had a common ancestor way back when and due to different phenotypic/genotypic advantages, we radiated into monkeys, gorillas, humans, etc. We're just extremely closely related to the monkey. We NEVER were a monkey

#64 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

In my opinion, any view other than evolution is caused by people's denial of believing we were all created by insane coincidence.

The first three words, read them.

#65 Shadowized

Shadowized
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

All this time debating when we could be building a time machine and get first-hand proof. :p

#66 elia

elia
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

taste buds have nothing to do with the truth

#67 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:38 PM

taste buds? dit quoi?

#68 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:45 AM

Not EVERYONE puts their faith (for lack of a better word) in science. There will always be people who don't believe in what you want them too. I don't believe in evolution stemming to the fact that I also don't believe in "the big bang theory". How the fuck did everything come together and then all of the sudden there was life. Living, breathing 'things' working together. Body parts working together to form a whole being. Of course every aspect of life has evolved going down the timeline of life to adapt to a certain situation, but a monkey? What. The. Fuck.

#69 grania

grania
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:12 AM

you guys are making my head hurt lol :p

#70 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:27 PM

Not EVERYONE puts their faith (for lack of a better word) in science. There will always be people who don't believe in what you want them too. I don't believe in evolution stemming to the fact that I also don't believe in "the big bang theory". How the fuck did everything come together and then all of the sudden there was life. Living, breathing 'things' working together. Body parts working together to form a whole being. Of course every aspect of life has evolved going down the timeline of life to adapt to a certain situation, but a monkey? What. The. Fuck.

I think you need to look up the components of the very simplest forms of life.

#71 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:04 AM

You are an ape. Deal with it.

#72 chobitz

chobitz
  • 988 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:40 AM

You are an ape. Deal with it.

Sweeney I wub you!

Seriously peeps what do you think Sapian means in Homo Sapians?

#73 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:02 PM

Not beliving in evolution because you don't believe in the big bang doesn't make any sense. It's like saying you don't believe in gravity because scientists don't know what causes it (and they dont!). Evolution doesn't try to explain how life originated. It is merely the change in inherited traits through successive generations. Therefore you can believe in evolution without believing anything specific about life's origins.

We can follow evolution in reverse to get to the most simple life forms, but scientists can't yet fully explain how life arose from non-life. But look at prions. Those things are just proteins (chains of amino acids with no DNA/genetic information) that can replicate like crazy and evolve. They seem to be something between life and non-life. Or the next step up, viroids and viruses. Still not life, but have simple genetic information. The understanding of life isn't so clear-cut because there are many things that fall between a rock and an amoeba.

#74 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:04 PM

I don't believe in science(Unless it's gravity), I'm not tom cruise.

" I think you need to look up the components of the very simplest forms of life. "
Carbon.

I don't care, the big bang theory is fucking retarted. A black hole appeared, got smaller then closed and the energy force made a *pow* and we had life. Fuck Darwin.
I love making no sense in debate topics :)

Edited by Adam, 25 February 2010 - 09:06 PM.

#75 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

I don't believe in science(Unless it's gravity), I'm not tom cruise.

" I think you need to look up the components of the very simplest forms of life. "
Carbon.

I don't care, the big bang theory is fucking retarted. A black hole appeared, got smaller then closed and the energy force made a *pow* and we had life. Fuck Darwin.
I love making no sense in debate topics :)

The big bang theory fails to explain where that molecule came from first.

Sweeney I wub you!

Seriously peeps what do you think Sapian means in Homo Sapians?

Its latin, and it means man. Your point is?

I think it's pretty difficult to refute evolution :p There's way too much evidence that Natural selection does occur, which is what evolution basically is on a long term scale. I think most people just don't believe that it started out as such. Even religious people must agree that ancient people are not the same as us by the process of evolution.

We have no evidence of human evolution, and Nature Selection isnt Evolution in any form. Evolution deals with a species adapting to better fit their environment. Nature Select means that the idiots that cant survive, dies out. (I love it when Common Sense is given scientific terms :p)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users