Photo

Modern Warfare 2

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 xZel

xZel
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:51 AM

Anyone else play this? I got it a couple of weeks ago and I'm finally starting to learn how to play this new version.

I loved CoD4 and I have to say that there's no way this game is better than CoD4. I mean I like it a lot and its fun as shit but I can't say its either as good or better.
The Killstreaks are ridiculous. The guns are crazy OP and ever assault rifle has near zero recoil. SMG's are useless pretty much imo. 1887's are way OP. So many fucking glitches that took them so long to fix.

I do love some of the new perks and a couple of the kill streaks, but the Nuke just takes all the fun out of it.

#2 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:05 AM

yeah i think thats what happens with the modern style of the game. the guns are tooo OP. personally i like the WW2 style of COD.

#3 Token

Token
  • 576 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:51 AM

The nuke does not take the fun out of the game, because obtaining a 25 (24) kill streak is very hard to do. Most people rely on the chopper gunner after 11(10) kills to get the rest of their kills, but the gunner can easily be taken down. It is the opposing team's fault if they are so easily picked off by enemy air support.

The game is great, as far as glitches, they patched those pretty fast. Ihave seen a few unimportant glitches since they patched the javelin glitch.

The akimbo 1887's are supposedly being taken care of with the next patch. Single 1887's suck, even with FMJ. If all the guns are OP then no guns are.

SMG's are actually pretty awesome, have you tried using the MP5k or UMP?

Killstreaks are fine. If you think they are overpowered then you are wrong. Sentry guns can be knifed in the side or back without cold-blooded, with coldblooded they are take out like nothing. Care packages are completely random. Predator missiles get 1 kill on average, sometimes two, my best was 5 because they were all camping together. Harrier takes one stinger. Chopper takes one stinger. Emergency airdrop is random. Pavelow takes 2 stingers (which is how many you spawn with). Chopper gunner is strong, but teams don't play smart half the time. AC-130 is slow and has to circle the map, so whatever side the AC-130 is on hide on the opposite side of a building, not to mention it fires slow and has a long reload (they have about 5 sets of flares, so you need 6 stingers or something like that to take them down.). EMP is cool, but mostly useless in my opinion. Nuke is hard to obtain, and just ends the game. So what? Just start a new game. Basically if you are like me and have cold blooded (pro) on half of your classes then the kill streaks do not even phase you.

All in all the game is a great game for me. I enjoyed the single player, and the multiplayer has so much stuff to unlock that you are always constantly working towards a goal. Unless you only like one weapon... The game seems really balanced, there is nothing too overpowered.

My only complaint is how lame the FAMAS and m16 are. One burst and dead. While all the other rifles take more than 3 shots to kill someone. The only other upsetting thing in multiplayer online is Team deathmatch. Everyone camps, it's not like WaW or 4, I cannot have fun in that mode at all. So I just stick to search and destroy. How long it takes to reach 70 is also rediculous. WaW had the right length in experience to be able to prestige, while 4 was too easy. Now it is so hard to prestige, that most people boost for their prestige. Hence why I am no longer prestiging (prestige 2 level 70 at the moment). I have 850k score by the time I reached where I am, and in WaW that would be like prestige 5 or 6 and 4 I would be 8-10. I cannot invest that much time to reach 10th. But that is just me.

I play on xbox live by the way.

Edited by behemoth, 25 December 2009 - 08:55 AM.

#4 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:03 AM

i like how COD is adding an rpg style to their gameplay. still, since it's a relatively new addition, it'll take awhile for them to tweak everything.

#5 xZel

xZel
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:24 AM

The nuke does not take the fun out of the game, because obtaining a 25 (24) kill streak is very hard to do. Most people rely on the chopper gunner after 11(10) kills to get the rest of their kills, but the gunner can easily be taken down. It is the opposing team's fault if they are so easily picked off by enemy air support.

For skilled players its very easy to get nukes. Just when I've been playing with a friend of mine hes gotten at least 15 of them. It's annoying.

The game is great, as far as glitches, they patched those pretty fast. Ihave seen a few unimportant glitches since they patched the javelin glitch.

So many random map glitches. There was the private match glitch that lasted for a long time. The jav glitch took forever to patch.

The akimbo 1887's are supposedly being taken care of with the next patch. Single 1887's suck, even with FMJ. If all the guns are OP then no guns are.

SMG's are actually pretty awesome, have you tried using the MP5k or UMP?

Killstreaks are fine. If you think they are overpowered then you are wrong. Sentry guns can be knifed in the side or back without cold-blooded, with coldblooded they are take out like nothing. Care packages are completely random. Predator missiles get 1 kill on average, sometimes two, my best was 5 because they were all camping together. Harrier takes one stinger. Chopper takes one stinger. Emergency airdrop is random. Pavelow takes 2 stingers (which is how many you spawn with). Chopper gunner is strong, but teams don't play smart half the time. AC-130 is slow and has to circle the map, so whatever side the AC-130 is on hide on the opposite side of a building, not to mention it fires slow and has a long reload (they have about 5 sets of flares, so you need 6 stingers or something like that to take them down.). EMP is cool, but mostly useless in my opinion. Nuke is hard to obtain, and just ends the game. So what? Just start a new game. Basically if you are like me and have cold blooded (pro) on half of your classes then the kill streaks do not even phase you.

All in all the game is a great game for me. I enjoyed the single player, and the multiplayer has so much stuff to unlock that you are always constantly working towards a goal. Unless you only like one weapon... The game seems really balanced, there is nothing too overpowered.

My only complaint is how lame the FAMAS and m16 are. One burst and dead. While all the other rifles take more than 3 shots to kill someone. The only other upsetting thing in multiplayer online is Team deathmatch. Everyone camps, it's not like WaW or 4, I cannot have fun in that mode at all. So I just stick to search and destroy. How long it takes to reach 70 is also rediculous. WaW had the right length in experience to be able to prestige, while 4 was too easy. Now it is so hard to prestige, that most people boost for their prestige. Hence why I am no longer prestiging (prestige 2 level 70 at the moment). I have 850k score by the time I reached where I am, and in WaW that would be like prestige 5 or 6 and 4 I would be 8-10. I cannot invest that much time to reach 10th. But that is just me.

I play xBox live too. That was one thing I forgot to mention. CoD4 you could play a much more fun running around style, while in this game you need to have your gun up and hidden somewhere otherwise 3 bullets and you're dead. Thats what I mean by the guns are Op (with stopping power). At least CoD4 had juggernaut. Instead infinity ward went the opposite way and made it easier to kill people than harder.

#6 bigtymerz05

bigtymerz05
  • 475 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:43 PM

i play the game! message me your gamertags and i will add you guys and we can all play hope you guys have a mic.

#7 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

I've played it at my cousin's a couple times, I liked it. The kill streaks were pretty fun and the AK47 was my favorite class =P But it's the only COD title I've played besides COD3 so I can't really compare it to any of the other games.

#8 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:02 PM

i played yesterday with my friend. (i don't own the game) i have to say...FPS is so much easier to play on PC than on console, i can't stand aiming with a analog stick, coupled by the fact that on split screen you are playing on a 10x10 inch screen, which is unbearable.

#9 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:47 AM

For skilled players its very easy to get nukes. Just when I've been playing with a friend of mine hes gotten at least 15 of them. It's annoying.

Thats funny, because I've never ever ever had a nuke used against me. Your friend must have been playing complete noobs. It only takes 1 bullet to end his killstreak, and you have like 10 lives to do it... With an automatic rifle this is a piece of cake.

#10 MaestroOD

MaestroOD
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:59 PM

Bit of a necropost, but does anyone play on steam? It'd be cool to have some more people to play with. I'm not too bad, about half way through sixth prestige. My SteamID is MaestroOD.

#11 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:21 PM

Thats funny, because I've never ever ever had a nuke used against me. Your friend must have been playing complete noobs. It only takes 1 bullet to end his killstreak, and you have like 10 lives to do it... With an automatic rifle this is a piece of cake.

It can't be that easy. I mean the highest killstreak I've had was 18. And just about everyone in the game uses automatic weapons.

#12 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:26 PM

It can't be that easy. I mean the highest killstreak I've had was 18. And just about everyone in the game uses automatic weapons.

-Everyone in the game uses automatic weapons-

This proves my point. In professional level games, its just a matter of who sees the other person first.

#13 MaestroOD

MaestroOD
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:13 PM

If you get nuked, it's because your team is horrible. It's not exceptionally hard to kill a guy before he hits 25 kills. Especially if you shoot down the air support.

#14 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:42 PM

-Everyone in the game uses automatic weapons-

This proves my point. In professional level games, its just a matter of who sees the other person first.

Yeh that's what I hate about COD. I mean there's still a certain level of strategy to it but in most cases there's no skill involved. Halo on the other hand is the complete opposite. Just because someone starts shooting at you first, doesn't mean they're gonna get that kill.

#15 Reddevil

Reddevil
  • 282 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:56 AM

i like MW and MW2 ALOT more then Cod WaW, seriously, it looks like a piece of shit compared to the MW's

#16 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:14 AM

Yeh that's what I hate about COD. I mean there's still a certain level of strategy to it but in most cases there's no skill involved. Halo on the other hand is the complete opposite. Just because someone starts shooting at you first, doesn't mean they're gonna get that kill.

Yes, because in real warfare it's typically not the person who get's seen first who dies ;) I prefer COD over any shooter simply because it most resembles actual combat to me. Brightly colored suits jumping around and shooting lasers just does not appeal to my tastes at all.

As for CODMW2 it's WAY better than the original in my opinion. I personally like the killstreaks a lot more, way more original and fun to get. Also the fact that you can change which ones you get is awesome. Honestly I had never had any problems with glitches or OP weapons, it's been good for me :)

#17 Guest_Eureka_*

Guest_Eureka_*

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:22 AM

my higest kill streak was 31, it's not that hard, I use harrier, chopper gunner, nuke.

Just don't rush, and watch the area around you.

#18 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:34 AM

my higest kill streak was 31, it's not that hard, I use harrier, chopper gunner, nuke.

But I'm a big fan of strafing/running around corners, screaming "AHHHHHHHHHH", and firing randomly as I make that move.

There's a reason I don't like shooters: Blind Spots

#19 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:13 AM

Stop playing with noobs.

#20 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:39 AM

Stop playing with noobs.

A high streak means you play with noobs?
My longest streak is 42... :/ (No Nuke, it was Predator, Harrier, Chopper Gunner). The last 10-15 kills were with the TAR too.

I've called in about 10 nukes. It requires a bit of luck and the other team being retarded. :/

#21 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:51 AM

i like MW and MW2 ALOT more then Cod WaW, seriously, it looks like a piece of shit compared to the MW's

Why do you care so much about the graphics? They mean little in a game.

#22 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:53 AM

A high streak means you play with noobs?
My longest streak is 42... :/ (No Nuke, it was Predator, Harrier, Chopper Gunner). The last 10-15 kills were with the TAR too.

I've called in about 10 nukes. It requires a bit of luck and the other team being retarded. :/

Yes it does. Whenever you reach the professional level of play, killstreaks are near impossible.

#23 MaestroOD

MaestroOD
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:26 PM

Comp settings generally have a no killstreak rule anyway.

#24 Ambition

Ambition
  • 558 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:33 PM

What do you mean by "comp settings?"

Tournaments?

#25 MaestroOD

MaestroOD
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:43 PM

Yeah, for 'competitive' gaming, they go by some very defined rules. Here's a chunk of the Gamebattles rules.

• Banned Weapons
    • Grenade Launcher
    • Claymore
    • C4
    • Secondary Launchers
    • Blast Shield
    • Tactical Insertion
    • Riot Shield
    • Shotgun
  • Banned Perks
    • Bling
    • One Man Army