• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Exodi

Exodi
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:02 PM

with windows 7, def. PC
at least
apple boasts that it has better security, but being so un-vigilant (is that a word?..prob not) has caused a major downfall in its security, allowing major bugs to get through, and at one point 55 bugs...
windows seven is amazing. its kernel code was rewritten entirely from vista (i agree; i hated vista -bleccchhhh!) and was rated 85 by PC WORLD magazine ( i get their newsletters and magazine) and is totally unintrusive
GO WINDOWS
besides, more programs are compatible with it
macs cost more
and you can't say pcs suck because theres a wide spectrum to view

#2 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:26 PM

With Win XP def PC!!! Long live windoze!

#3 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2009 - 02:16 PM

windows seven is amazing. its kernel code was rewritten entirely from vista (i agree; i hated vista -bleccchhhh!) and was rated 85 by PC WORLD magazine ( i get their newsletters and magazine) and is totally unintrusive

"Rewritten entirely"

Meh, I doubt that. Mostly just worked upon / improved on.

I say PC is superior. Upgradable, cheaper, more powerful, more compatible, able to game, less over-simplified, far superior in many ways.

#4 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:05 PM

Apple has a niche, and it is great for that. I would still rather use a PC, but there are compelling reasons, personally, for me to get a Mac.

#5 xZel

xZel
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:53 AM

PC. Macs are teh suck.

Theres really no reason imo to get a mac unless you don't know how normal people computers work.

#6 googlehead

googlehead
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:10 PM

Windows. A lot of the problems people were having with Vista was largely due to the fact that they were trying to run it on a less than capable computer. Also I'm not filthy rich and money is an object. So if I can buy, or build, a PC for half the price of a Mac with equal specifications I'm definitely making that choice. Plus if I switched to Mac, I would just miss right-click too much.

Edited by googlehead, 26 February 2010 - 11:11 PM.

#7 Tehkis

Tehkis
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:26 PM

I would have to say if I had the money to pick however I wanted, I would probably go with a mac laptop, because they are really good at portability and I just overall like them.

But then I would definitely go with a beastly PC desktop to play games on and such.

#8 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:27 AM

I like macs because they offer a lot of the same unix tools that I use on linux but with a pretty GUI :p. Probably not a reason for anyone else to buy it but that's why I prefer macs over windows (not that windows is bad, just that I prefer macs over windows :p). I haven't tried windows 7 or windows vista so I really can't say how much better it has gotten but from what I hear, windows 7 kicks ass :p.

#9 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:03 AM

Well, whatever you get. Make sure you understand that your getting a PC no matter what.

PC = Personal Computer.

#10 DarkVision

DarkVision
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

I enjoy using Mac's for graphics work.

But for Gaming and whatever else i do ^^ Windows is good for me

I do HIGHLY Recommend Windows 7 though as its as quick as Xp yet as stylish as vista.

They actually got something right for once...

#11 kbbbb

kbbbb
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:34 PM

PC.

Macs have a limited software stable developed exclusively for them.

If someone has a clue or isn't lazy, they can largely protect themselves from the malware for Windows.

PC are more customisable, cheaper, and can be faster (if one forks out for it).

Sure, some argue graphics editing and video editing is better on Macs, after using both I'm still firmly in the PC camp. At uni they had us on Final Cut Pro...I never properly learned how to use it (I avoided the technical stuff) because it seemed too hard and a waste of time considering I was never going to stay using macs. On the other hand, I love Sony Vegas Video to death...and I recognise that the Adobe suite of editors is something i have to learn some day :thumbsup:

#12 allyrex

allyrex
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

If I had to choose between the two, Windoze. There's actually some decent functionality there in terms of software available as well as the fact that yeah, building a PC is pretty empowering the first time you do it. :p Mac looks pretty but does a whole lot of nothing.

I'm a Linux fangirl, though. Posted Image I know Mac OS is Unix-like, but if I wanted to doll up my Unix I'd play around more with Compiz.

#13 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:48 PM

Windows has more software. And software is everything on a computer.

#14 Philly

Philly
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:32 PM

PC and windows (7 or XP... XP for now with me) > Can accept more programs

Next to that... Mac is expensive!

#15 DarkVision

DarkVision
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:35 PM

PC and windows (7 or XP... XP for now with me) > Can accept more programs

Next to that... Mac is expensive!

Windows is something like £200 here or was

#16 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

Windows is something like £200 here or was

This may be true, but I'm willing to bet that it comes installed on £150 computers XD

#17 DarkVision

DarkVision
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:44 PM

This may be true, but I'm willing to bet that it comes installed on £150 computers XD

Yup xD

#18 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:24 PM

Posted Image

#19 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:27 PM

Posted Image

Rofl. Good pic :p

#20 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

That picture basically sums it up :p.

#21 kbbbb

kbbbb
  • 329 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

Posted Image

I especially love the learning centre one (Mac OS from a Win fag)

What is it? I was google imaging for 5 mins and couldn't remember what it was called.

#22 Reddevil

Reddevil
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

LOL ^^ epic pic

#23 WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

I do have to love that picture, but I'm gonna vote for linux here because it's free to use and has a lot of great tools i guess it also helps that I know what I'm doing with it

#24 kuwaz

kuwaz
  • 1181 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

What the fuk is a mac? I didn't know those were computers, thought they were trash cans.

#25 vin

vin
  • 314 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:06 PM

i wanted a macbook for christmas.

i never got it.. because its expensive.. and gay

i know.. cool story right? the end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users