Quantcast

Photo

Best computer manufacturer

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: best computer company

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which computer manufacturer is the best? ( in terms of customer service, awesomeness, crash rate, and intuition)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Exodi

Exodi
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:07 PM

seriously guys whcih?
ive heard toshiba has a really low crash ratee.....
but hp and dell are pretty awesome
dell i think is more solid than hp
but hp has more aesthetically pleasing laptops which is a factor....

#2 outsidedream86

outsidedream86
  • 457 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:47 PM

I didn't vote because I haven't owned any of the other brands, but do have a Dell Inspiron laptop that crashes about once a week (I blame it on Vista). However it's pretty awesome for $500. I can run Autocad, Photoshop, and Illustrator and be browsing the internet all at once with no crashes and no major lagging. Compare this to my classmates, who all have $2500 Mac laptops that get the bouncing beachball of death when they try to do the same thing (disclaimer: even if Mac laptops were better than my Dell, I would never shell out that much money for one--unless they were over 5x better). I've also dropped it down a flight of concrete stairs and have generally been quite abusive to it and it has no dents or scratches and runs just fine.

#3 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

BUILD YOUR OWN

#4 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:19 PM

If you can afford it, a Mac.

#5 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

agreed. to my knowledge, mac should be the most stable because it is closed source. correct or not?

#6 ThisisInsane

ThisisInsane
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:08 PM

I like Sony...

#7 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:12 PM

Really don't want to start a mac / pc fight, but if you have the money for a mac, build a PC that has better specs yourself. PC parts are easier to find and tends to be cheaper (by a good bit). If you insist on not building your own, I tend to like Gateway with Dell and HP being my least favorite. HP laptops just overheat like a bitch, and the dell laptops just don't ever want to seem to work for my family.

#8 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:33 PM

Really don't want to start a mac / pc fight, but if you have the money for a mac, build a PC that has better specs yourself. PC parts are easier to find and tends to be cheaper (by a good bit). If you insist on not building your own, I tend to like Gateway with Dell and HP being my least favorite. HP laptops just overheat like a bitch, and the dell laptops just don't ever want to seem to work for my family.

that's a good point actually, mac's are very pricey gadgets .. .

#9 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:41 PM

that's a good point actually, mac's are very pricey gadgets .. .

Wait wait wait, you JUST said Macs were awesome if you had the cash, but now say building a PC would be the better idea.....

I think you should stop posting, think about everything, then come back when you can decide on one thing and not have to post right after someone else does.

#10 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:00 PM

im just agreeing that his option of building a pc would be a better choice cause i hadn't thought of that

#11 Mr. Hobo

Mr. Hobo
  • 8152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:01 PM

agreed. to my knowledge, mac should be the most stable because it is closed source. correct or not?

windows is closed source as well and this has nothing to do with computer manufacturers

#12 Atmosphere

Atmosphere
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:02 PM

It's a Canadian Brand, MDG. Best desktop pc ever.
I've had it for 8 years, it's still fast and only had to fix it once
and that was 2-3 years ago due to overheating. And saving up to buy
a newer hard drive since i've fucked it up during the last year. :p

#13 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 12:06 AM

I actually semi-agree with this. I personally don't have the knowledge required to build my own PC, but if I did then that would be the obvious answer.

As far as the Mac vs PC thing goes, I am fairly sure that Apple scores higher on customer satisfaction a good portion of the time, so that's something. (For the record, though, I have a PC. Monetary considerations.)

#14 Rambo

Rambo
  • 833 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:39 PM

PC for power.
Mac for style.

It's how I look at it :p

#15 Nonsy

Nonsy
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:44 PM

I really like windows.

#16 Rambo

Rambo
  • 833 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:46 PM

I really like windows.

And I really like penis, but I don't go around telling everyone. Gosh. Posted Image

#17 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:50 PM

And I really like penis, but I don't go around telling everyone. Gosh. Posted Image

i like penis too... THERE, I SAID IT.

#18 Rambo

Rambo
  • 833 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:52 PM

i like penis too... THERE, I SAID IT.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Can I touch yours? :o

#19 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2009 - 02:08 PM

Depends what you want it for....I built my own for half the price of a Mac and it is more powerful.

#20 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 December 2009 - 02:10 PM

Meh I'd say Gateway or HP, but it doesn't really matter. All computer manufactures essentially use the same parts, so they should all be similar / the same.

#21 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:06 PM

They all have their issues. I'd suppose Dell is up there, but all customer support pretty much sucks for those prebuilt systems.

#22 googlehead

googlehead
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:06 PM

If you're proficient enough with computers I would suggest building your own. Better price better quality, choose your specs. Also it's quite fun, like playing with expensive LEGO.

#23 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:46 PM

HP is definitely not the best.

REALLY REALLY HIGH BREAK RATE.

Hell, the entire DV series has a recall on it (That HP will only cover after 2 years from purchase. After that your fucked)

I'll recommend Dell 100% over Hp just because their support is so much better. HP's support is horrible.

#24 DeleteThisAccount

DeleteThisAccount
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:54 PM

you all would not believe that dell is one of the most problematic computers that my clients bring in,

#25 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:58 PM

you all would not believe that dell is one of the most problematic computers that my clients bring in,

85% of our computers that come in with hardware issues are HP.

Dell rarely has any hardware issues. Just retarded users. Their customer support is also 900% better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users