Photo

Potential inflation opportunity

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 yanks

yanks
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:20 AM

Dark Cave Background. It was released from the plot (I think) so no more coming in to circulation - there are a few on SW under 90k, and a solid amount buyable... It matches with the new magma pets and is a kewl background. I think these could easily hit 250k with a bit of help. I've already bought a few, so I stand to make some profit too :p but also wanted to throw it out there (and help myself of course)

#2 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:28 PM

I'll buy some. To help out, speed inflation, and make some cash. XD

#3 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:36 PM

Sure, why not? Only got enough to buy about four, will that help or is that just silly?

Edited by Devilfish, 29 December 2009 - 03:40 PM.

#4 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:52 PM

I gave mine to a friend for christmas.

#5 yanks

yanks
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:55 PM

I wouldn't spend all of my NP on it, it's still a risk..

#6 Oaken

Oaken
  • 7298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:58 PM

I gave mine to a friend for christmas.

+rep for being nice :p.

#7 yanks

yanks
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:00 PM

lol I bought 25, put 1 on each of my pets, and gave like 5 to friends :p

#8 jonnykun

jonnykun
  • 403 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:22 AM

interesting...bought a few. hopefully they turn out

#9 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:25 AM

They better <_<

Edited by Devilfish, 30 December 2009 - 11:26 AM.

#10 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:30 AM

O thats a good item. I dont like doing this but i think you're right about this one.

#11 Vexage

Vexage
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:55 PM

Still don't feel confident in inflating items. Never seen a good payoff.

#12 alexnduf

alexnduf
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:33 PM

I bought three :p, when do we inflate these?

#13 yanks

yanks
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:24 PM

Inflating items that don't release anymore should be an exact science... Kinda like how I personally took Eo Codestones from 8k to 8.6k and 9k to 9.8k by myself (sorry guys)... But nobody wants to risk their own NP because these are expensive >_>

#14 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:28 PM

Inflating items that don't release anymore should be an exact science... Kinda like how I personally took Eo Codestones from 8k to 8.6k and 9k to 9.8k by myself (sorry guys)... But nobody wants to risk their own NP because these are expensive >_>

So I should be sending my hitman your way then.

#15 yanks

yanks
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

Nobody is stopping you from increasing them further :p

They'll go down (hopefully) after the 10x game thing stops. I already sold my batch :p

#16 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:40 PM

Inflating items that don't release anymore should be an exact science... Kinda like how I personally took Eo Codestones from 8k to 8.6k and 9k to 9.8k by myself (sorry guys)...

Now I must excuse myself as me and my enormous ego have matter to attend to. Tata!

#17 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

Are the backgrounds really worth inflating a ton? it seems like a huge investment when there might be many out there. I had a few cloud garlands for example and I didn't really think much of it. They suddenly went UB for a day or so and by now they are back down to 60-70k. If you guys go buy a ton at 90 they might go up for now but you might end up losing money when people lose interest in them. I guess if you hold onto them for a year or so it might still be worth it though. Its always a gamble..why do games have to be so unpredictable.

#18 yanks

yanks
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:50 AM

Now I must excuse myself as me and my enormous ego have matter to attend to. Tata!

Sorry for trying to cite an example of how buying up an item can make it inflate... But I guess you can't ever stop a troll from thinking what he wants to think.

#19 Devilfish

Devilfish
  • 259 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:05 AM

Oops. Now that I read it myself, it does sound a lot more vicious than I wanted it to. Promise it was just a joke. And that I'm not a troll.

#20 fruityone

fruityone
  • 346 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:06 PM

Ahh! No!! I remember when it was 30k and I was planning to buy several because it was so pretty and I wanted to use on more than one pet. But alas, I forgot :crybaby:Ah well, I should've bought more than one cloud garland too when it was 20k, didn't think an incomsumable item would inflate so much.

Devilfish... I don't see how that would be especially trollish O_o

#21 unworthy

unworthy
  • 602 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:58 PM

I guess they will go up for sure. The cloud garland shot up fast because there were not that many. I remember it being pretty hard to get and it didn't look like many players were capable of getting the points needed to get it. With there being such an insane of wearables and backgrounds now i'm sure most of the short release backgrounds will go up.

I always find it so hard to figure out what items are just inflated prematurely and which ones will actually stay.

Quick question: Why the hell are the advent books staying up at 3-4k when books from 2 years ago arent even that expensive? Is it because of the 10x score send or do people just think they are better at hoarding then last year? I am very confused. I would think that there are less of the old books then the new but I guess you never know how many users are playing compared to last year. Or can you find that out?

#22 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:54 PM

These threads make me laugh every time I see them. Speculation has always had such poor payout from what I've seen. The only good thing I've seen about speculators is that they pay me a ludicrous amount for plot items thinking they're going to increase. Asi es la vida.

#23 saif

saif
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:18 AM

These threads make me laugh every time I see them. Speculation has always had such poor payout from what I've seen. The only good thing I've seen about speculators is that they pay me a ludicrous amount for plot items thinking they're going to increase. Asi es la vida.

Lol completely agree~~
:pirate1:

#24 mabuhay

mabuhay
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 01:19 AM

i say hoard weapons/codestones/dubloons and wait for a war to come.

#25 yanks

yanks
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:25 AM

There will never be another war - TNT has strongly hinted at that many times. Plus, there are too many of those in circulation now and too many come into the market daily (I don't even run programs, but I seem to get a codestone a day at minimum), TNT could easily bring the prices down if they wanted to thanks to tarla or rigging random events. I just figured this was a good idea and wanted to alert you guys, I guess I'm sorry?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users